• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Emerald Island (an Island Region)

Started by eggman121, November 18, 2015, 09:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

So I have decided to make an MD  ;D . This region is fictional and not based on any real cities. I do draw upon influences however to showcase my city building abilities.

Some of you may notice unreleased content. As a NAM Team member I will try to only showcase work that I have made. If it is made by someone else I will give credit accordingly.

So here it goes.

Overview

Photos

Emerald Landing

Emerald Pass

Emerald Highlands

I will appreciate any comments about how things can be done better.

I hope to update this MD every 2 weeks but Sometimes things may pop up in RL

Enjoy  &bis&

-eggman121

Kergelen

Great to see you start MDing! &apls

Nice rail curves in picture 2. I'm not good at rail systems so I like to see complex rail works like yours  :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Tarkus

Stephen, it's fantastic to see you MDing! :thumbsup:  Definitely a great demonstration of FlexTrack in there, and what looks to be a couple of rather nice smaller/rural towns as well.  The way you've dealt with the terrain in the first town pic is especially masterful--the way the farms are sitting especially caught my eye.

-Alex

Gugu3

Very nice to see here with an MD!great work with the rail system! &apls

vortext

Neat top down view of the region, how large is it?

Anyway, exciting to see you start a MD! Hope we get to see that big lake in middle some time soon!   :)  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

eggman121

Thank you for all the interest  $%Grinno$% But first of all!

Reply's

Quote from: Kergelen on November 18, 2015, 10:43:06 PM
Great to see you start MDing! &apls

Nice rail curves in picture 2. I'm not good at rail systems so I like to see complex rail works like yours  :thumbsup:

Thanks Kergelen  :thumbsup: Well when the Flextrack gets released there will be so many options for all of you to make the railways that you desire. I can't wait to see what people think of the new track.

Quote from: Tarkus on November 18, 2015, 10:57:31 PM
Stephen, it's fantastic to see you MDing! :thumbsup:  Definitely a great demonstration of FlexTrack in there, and what looks to be a couple of rather nice smaller/rural towns as well.  The way you've dealt with the terrain in the first town pic is especially masterful--the way the farms are sitting especially caught my eye.

-Alex

Thanks Alex  :thumbsup: I do try to use engineering principals for realism in my region. The demonstration of the RRW FlexTrack is to Test the files and show what the FlexTrack can do. I especially like the comments about dealing with the terrain. Thank you  :)

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 19, 2015, 01:34:30 AM
Very nice to see here with an MD!great work with the rail system! &apls

Thank you Gugu3  :thumbsup: . The railways are a major part of my region as I will show later.

Quote from: vortext on November 19, 2015, 03:09:48 AM
Neat top down view of the region, how large is it?

Anyway, exciting to see you start a MD! Hope we get to see that big lake in middle some time soon!   :)  :thumbsup:

Thanks Erik  :thumbsup: The region is 24 x 26 kilometers in size. It is quite small but I like small but diverse regions  :D

As for the lake I do plan to showcase it when I finish it with spillways and have textured the dam wall  ;)

Ok Here is the redevelopment of Emerald Landing

1 New Flyover for the new city center loop.

2 another view of the main railway station with the city center loop.

3 A closeup view of the flyover for the city center loop.

4 New annex into the ocean to expand the city land area.

5 Larger view of the annex for the city with the city center loop.

6 an overview of the built region in the North West.

Enjoy ;D

-eggman121

compdude787

Nice region! The railroads look nice but are you planning on building any freeways once the region gets bigger?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

art128

Quite a wonderful MD you've been working on there, Eggman. I have to say I didn't expect you to start one, nice. :)

Some really nice stuff there.. Of course what catches my eyes the most is the RRW development (BTW, don't forget your OSITM. ;) )

I see I'm not the only one who likes to build on islands. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

Just got to love this rail infrastructure, especially the way in which the viaduct rail curves around that grass area in picture 3.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Girafe

it s curvy  :P

Keep continue the good job  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simmer2

Hi Alan.
This is Eggman's sandbox test city. Only he can do certain things with the railway and other networks  ;D
Perhaps you should read up on what our master programmer has been up to  ;)

Cheers, Sim

Quote from: Alan_Waters on November 21, 2015, 06:59:05 AM
HOW?!!  ()what() ???

________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Long Time... No Post :D

Well I have a few Images to share with you today  ;D

The last two contain Unreleased Content

They should appear in the next NAM Edition

Enjoy!

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Now you are really making us all jealous.  Can't wait for release to start using your new interchanges.

dyoungyn

compdude787

Looks nice! I like those rural road intersections!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

art128

Those intersections are really interesting.... I like them! Nice pictures too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Indeed, interesting! Fits well into the surrounding area.  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Akallan

I just love it! I'm jealous of your parts for the train as Alan_Waters noted! Very well done as those for the road! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

warconstruct

very nice overall, good work!

Warconstrut
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022