• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help with wrong custom textures displaying?

Started by tomvsotis, February 11, 2016, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomvsotis

OK, this is my first attempt at making my own lots, and I've run into a strange problem, for which I'm sure (or at least I hope) there's a simple solution:

I decided to make lots for seamless transitions between the grass textures for various wealth levels (along the lines of these http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29797-mgb-diagonal-filler-set/, but not diagonal and with a smooth transition, rather than a distinct line.) I exported the textures from Simcity2.dat, converted them to PNG, imported them into Photoshop, and made three nice new textures, each with a seamless blend between the grasses.

I used SC4Tool to make new textures with these PNGs, within the texture range I got on the thread here, and then made a DAT file in Reader, into which i saved the three new textures. And, finally, I made three new Lots, each with one of the new textures as a base texture. Everything looked great! Except...

...in-game, the three lots all display with the same texture, which is the first one I saved. I've triple-checked that I haven't messed it up in the Lot Editor, but no, each lot has a different texture. The only thing I can think of is that I've not given them IDs properly? The texture range I was assigned was 0xF8A40000 to 0xF8A7FFFF, so I numbered the new textures as follows (with the final digit varying from 1 to 4 for the different zoom levels):

0xF8A40000
0xF8A41000
0xF8A42000

Any ideas?

mgb204

The fifth digit is used for wealth. So any textures using 0, 1, 2 or 3 will group together if more than one exists. The texture that appears, depends on the wealth of the lot. Just start at 4 instead of 0-3 for the 5th digit.

I fact, I'd start the other way round, to keep textures grouped together, so my first ID's would be:

0xF8A44000
0xF8A44005
0xF8A4400A

tomvsotis

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OK. Gotcha. Many thanks! :)

tomvsotis

Simcoug

tomvsotis

Quote from: Simcoug on February 12, 2016, 11:18:00 AM
Those transitions look great  :thumbsup:
aw, thanks! happy to share them if anyone wants them :)