• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

You're on a roll :thumbsup:

I love the cord that runs between the two fan thingys on the roof of the thrift shop.  I don't know why but that really cracked me up. :D

YouBet

Some great stuff here.

Over on Fantozzi's thread you posted a shot of a huge refinery you created with multiple lots. I reviewed your list and didn't see them. Do you plan on releasing these lots?

Simmer2

@c.p. Thanks!

@YouBet I made that modular lot years ago but never released it because the dependency list is 1 mile long.

Here is yet another passenger train station. SM2 Victorian Train Station North

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

tomvsotis

Wait, you're back?! Amazing! This is excellent news :) :)

Simmer2

@Tom Yep I'm still kicking the can down the street  :D thanks!

Someone over at the Stex asked me if I could come up with a few floating gas stations barges. So I decided to tackle 3 companies: Esso, Gulf and Chevron.

These barges are usually found on large lakes and even around sea ports.

This model is a WORK IN PROGRESS. Lots of details are still missing. Also the water tile is just a place holder.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

siemanthepieman

I love it. Would look nice on land too, on the side of a highway in a rural town. Will the 'building' part and pumps be such that we can lot it on land if we are so inclined?

fantozzi

Floating gas stations?  ()what() Floating???  ()what() But then ... how do cars reach them?  ()what()

Ah!  &idea Now I understand ....

... that's why they build electric cars!

Jokes apart ( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:):

why not making a finish flag on the roof and a russian submarine in front asking for fuel?

No, sorry, doesn't work. They drive with nuclear power ... 

Anyway ... this is supercute! And I didn't even know they existed. Never seen something similar in Europe. Must be the only place in the world where you can work as a filling station attendant and go fishing at the same time!

&apls &apls &apls

Simmer2

@Youbet It's a model. You can lot it to be anywhere you wish  ;)

@fantozzi They exist all right and here is proof.

..and here is the finished model.

Simmer2

Andreas

I didn't know something like that exists as well, I bet European water safety laws would deem those as way too dangerous (even though it's not a problem to have diesel-powered ships...). ;) Anyway, great idea, and great model!
Andreas

Kitsune

I know Vancouver has a couple of those... neat we're going to get them in game!
~ NAM Team Member

Tyberius06

Hi!

I've never seen barge like this before, but the idea is really good. It's a really nice model, I specially like the nitelite on it. Do you plan to make only one brand or will there be more :) I'm just curious. It looks fantastic and well detailed.  &apls &apls :thumbsup:

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thanks everyone!!

Here it is, the first of the floating fuel barges.

SM2 Esso Gas Station Barge linky https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3820

Have fun.

Simmer2

PaPa-J

Great work on this, I've seen these floating fuel stations on the lakes in Missouri.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

kbieniu7

O wow, kind of exotic ones  ??? But the models are great themselves  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Simmer2

Thank you.

Here is the Chevron model, almost ready to render.

Simmer2

Simmer2

Here it is in the game SM2 Chevron Gas Station Barge

Simmer2

fantozzi

Nick, what do you think:

would it be possible to create an ore mining site? &Thk/(

I guess it had to be one giant prop?

Okay, most probably a crazy idea ...  &mmm

Simmer2

@fantozzi - Something of that magnitude would take my computer a week to render lol. There is already one or 2 that were made a few years back. I spotted them on a Japanese site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A while ago I posted several pics with some custom made crop circles and even a UFO while making them lol.

I did it for fun but I was wondering. If there is enough interest I will release them to the public.

They would be eye candy off course.

What say you? Should I?

Simmer2

PaPa-J

Sounds like a grand idea!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Andreas

Those are way too awesome not to release them, so please go ahead! :)
Andreas