• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankmank

Very well done, i like the dark pictures it really creates a dirty, cold atmosphere that fits in very well  ;)

kwakelaar

This is a very nice looking MD, great to stumble upon just before bedtime :thumbsup:

art128

First of all, thanks you very much to all of you for your kind comments, these are really appreciated.
Secondly, i'm very sorry for not updating these days, but I was very busy with school so I don't have anytime to play the game ( and between lags, crashes and others saving for not loosing the progress, it rest not a lot of time to make a proper update with mosaic(s). Although, I have a small thing for you, it's the region view of the SPSR.

Clic the picture to see it in full size.

As you can probably see, I haven't finished to plop the trees around the hills, it's a very boring step and it take a lot of times.
An update will be in the next days, but I'm not sure of what it will be, so I let you the time to vote to choose a location.
You have the choice of 4 area :

• Location 1 - Volgodonsk airport and surrounding area. [at east of the region, you can see it]
  • Location 2 - Kalmykia's small (I have making big thing except commie blocks and estate) CBD [in the capital, you can see it too]
  • Location 3 - Kalmykia's international seaport (the one at south of the capital, the other one need my port stuff to be ready.) [at south of the Reka(river) Volga]
  • Location 4 - Arkav dam and the Arkav lake. [at north of the region]

You, glorious people can vote from now to Thursday 10th September, so that I can have one-two day(s) to make the update !  :P

I hope you like the region view, and thanks in advance for the comrade how will vote !

-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Don't worry, Artur, everyone has his own RL which is more important than SC4. Your region looks great as well as its development :P
My vote goes for location 2; I'd really like to see the CBD!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

djvandrake

Your region view looks great.  Very interesting terrain.

I also vote for location 2.

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Fabian93

That's a great looking region there, Arthur  :thumbsup:
Did you terraform it yourself? I see you have a nice area for a future port on the top/middle left.
You do not need to apologize for not updating this MD regularly - school is more important.

BTW, I choose
Location 2 - Kalmykia's small CBD

Fabian

art128

Thanks all, so the update will be on the CBD and will be this afternoon (European houe)  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

From the update of Volgondonsk,  August 26, 2009 :

io_bg - Thanks my friend, I really appreciate the comment.

Bobbi - Thanks a lot Bobbi !

tooheys - Thanks a lot for that great comment Dave, I'm glad you like the roundabout, and yes sometime empty grass space are better !

Battlecat - thanks a lot, I'm glad you like the refinery ! 

Sciurus - Thanks Guillaume, but you know, in soviet Russia everything is possible !

djvandrake - Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like the smoke effect, they took me sometime to do. :)

meinhosen - Thanks a billion my friend !

calibanX - Thanks Geoff, I always like a good mosaic too, like your last one, splendid. ;)

Fabian93 - Thanks Fabian, I understand what you mean, and I'm glad you like it. Yes it's mostly R$ but it's to feel the atmosphere of and industrial city like there's in Siberia.

Leodido - Thanks very much,

jmyers2043 - Thanks a lot Jim !  :D

Schulmanator - Thanks a lot ! I'm glad you find the city realistic and pleasant !

Tomas Neto - Thanks Tomas !

tankmank - Thanks,  I'm glad you like the dark picture !

kwakelaar - Thanks a lot !

From the region view teaser, September 07, 2009 :

io_bg - Thanks Ioan, here's the CBD !

djvandrake - Thanks a lot, and thanks for voting.

kelis - Thanks my friend !

Fabian93 - Thanks Fabian, no I didn't terraform it myself (if by terraform you mean create) but it's a CP's one. Yeah that area will be done in the next weeks. :)

Well, hello all, this time we're going to the central business district of the capital, Kalmykia. Well this isn't a big CBD as London, Frankfurt or even more Moscow one, but it's a moderate one with mid-size tower, because the city council say that no building, except government ones, will be taller than 270m... The CBD is crossed by a tram line, the T2 witch goes from the central station (as seen in update one) to the docks at south. In the center of the Business district, when can see that the works of the metro line just started, well they're stopped today because of a big rain.

Props & Texture Catalog

Glowbal

Awesome update! I guess you're building a sunken metro station there? :)

djvandrake

Great update.  Very authentic looking.  The Che' graffiti is a nice touch.  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

BarbarossaS

Brilliant work with the effects, makes it feel really gloomy. Love the Che building!  :thumbsup:

-Stijn-

ecoba

Great Work, Arthur!

I don't know why I haven't commented here before, or on Maroanestra. But I have followed them both. Your work is amzing, and I really wouldn't want to live there. (That a good thing.) It represent the communist, gritty cities so well.

Can't wait for more,

Ethan

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Battlecat

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Sciurus

Ok, now I know that everything is possible in Soviet Russia :D
For the CBD, as I tell you on TSC, try to put more BATs from the 70's, it'll be more soviet as you say. And try to comme the towers nearer ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Yan077

there is a great communist feeling on your update, as always a great work Arthur !    &apls