• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Land of Desera

Started by nedalezz, February 01, 2010, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielcote

I really like this MD! It is Small cute (but growing). I love all the bushy plump trees and lush land scape plus the building are great too!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

marsh

What did you do in photoshop to get it to look like that? Amazing!

nedalezz

Replies

marsh: I actually use Coral Paint Shop, and if you are talking about the teaser, I use an effect called Noise Removal :)

danielcote: I love the SimFox trees, too! I think everyone is a fan of them, really; so life-like and well made. They truly took SimCity flora to the next level.

canyonjumper: Thanks, my focus is the details ;)

bat: Thank you!

Battlecat: The town continues to grow :)

rooker1: Working out where to plant the trees and stuff takes a little bit of time, yes, but I think the results are worth it in the end. I try to focus in on putting a wider variety in and around the built up area, thus the seasonals.

penguin007: And I cant wait to see where you go with YOUR next update in your MD!

art128: Well the answer to your powerplant question is in the last update :) Yeah, the town continues to grow, it might hit 1,000 soon!

Connor: Thank you, hope you like the next update.

dedgren: Yes, after my disaster with the last computer I gave up Simcity for a while when I realized I hadnt back up Berania, but when you love something, you can only leave it for so long ;)

Tomas Neto: Thanks, I like using effects on the pics taken as I feel it adds a whole new level to the picture.

Today's Teaser!

Battlecat

Well it's an excellent teaser!  Looks like this town is growing quite quickly.  It really looks amazing!

canyonjumper

It's gettin' bigger! Beautiful shot!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

marsh

Connor

Excellent teaser, nice effects on the picture.  :thumbsup:

rooker1

I can really see me having to move your MD to The Best Sellers section in a few more weeks.  But again, with pictures like the ones you are showing, there is no wonder why.
Great work.  Just the right amount of photo editing and the content is perfect as well.
I do wonder if this city is functional or plopped.  I'm going to guess a bit of both but more on the side of plopped.
A definate pleasure to visit your MD!

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Tomas Neto

Fantastic teaser, the colors in this image are marvelous!!  :thumbsup:

sumwonyuno

Oh, wow!  I didn't realize this was yours!  The town has grown very nicely!   &apls

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

calibanX

Cedar is growing nicely. I love how you're showing the progress using construction lots. Sharpening the images in Paint Shop is giving a great effect. I love it.

Take care.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

nedalezz

Replies

calibanx: Thanks, I always like to spice up the pictures a bit with some editing, especially colors. The construction sites are great, I fell in love with them the minute I saw them!
sumwonyuno: Yep, I'm back at it after the Berania mishap, hehe.
Tomas Neto: Thanks, hope you like the next update.
mightygoose: Thank you for commenting!
rooker1: lol, it'll take a few weeks I am guessing before moving to the next level. Actually, the only plopping I have done has been with the few commercial lots in town; all the residential lots are grown, none are plopped. I try to approximate my MD population to be similar to the population of the town. I do use a small job provider cheat lot, though.
Connor: Thanks Connor, and thanks for commenting :)
marsh: Thank you!
canyonjumper: Yes it is :) Thanks for always commenting :)
Battlecat: Yes, Cedar is getting larger, albeit at a decent pace. With all the perks that come with living in Nesara, I suppose it would be of interest to many people to relocate here.

The State of Nesara: Update Six

Population: 448

Completed Projects: Cedar Fire Station (Country Road)

Developing Projects: Bank of Nesara (Location Not Decided, Country Road)

Just a few months after the small fire just outside of Cedar almost grew out of control, the Nesara Council opened up the Cedar Fire Station on Country Road, complete with 2 fire trucks and employing 12 fire fighters. Led by Omar Kazzem, the fire fighting team recently put out a bush fire 14 miles south of Cedar, proving their effectiveness and efficiency.

The big news coming out of Cedar, however, is the announcement from the Nesara Council that they will be opening state-controlled bank, the Bank of Nesara. The building that will host the first branch of the new bank will be situated on Country Road, although the exact location is as of yet unknown. Although it will be fully owned by the Nesara Council, it will act as a private bank, with minimal interference from  them.

The continued development in Cedar has made demand for the council to start paving the dirt roads as land around the center of town continues to sell, but the council has responded by saying there is no space in the budget for that at the time being after the construction of the fire station and the planned development of the new bank.

rooker1

Looking real good Nedal. 
I like the little story that comes along as well.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

And growth slowly ticks along.  Great little story there!

canyonjumper

Great update, Nedalezz!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Albus of Garaway

Great work so far here! I love watching little Nesera evolve.

However, I'd certainly recommend a palm tree blocker for some of your streets. :)

-Jason

nedalezz

The State of Nesara: Update Seven

Population: 512

Completed Projects: N/A

Developing Projects: Bank of Nesara (Country Road), Intersection Street

After a large petition presented to the Nesara Council forced them to reconsider their decision not to pave the off roads, starting with the intersecting street where the Nesara Council building is positioned. The street was called Intersection Street, and was to extend south into the developing residential area coming up.

The Bank of Nesara was now under construction, situated on Country Road between the Howard and Greenfield households. The bank was to serve as the council's base for investment and money-making, while also serving as the primary base for all local private funding in hopes of stimulating a strong local economy.

Finally, the Davidsons completed their home just off of Country Road. It cost them almost $300,000 upon completion, including a state of the art kitchen and a heated swimming pool for use in winter and summer. Danny Davidson was unofficially the richest man in Cedar thanks to the success of his contracting company, which had grown to over 20 employees now.

CrossSide

That's a cute looking city! Can I ask you what kind of houses you use, I do really like them!

kwakelaar

A new fresh beginning with a nice story, the construction lots  could almost have been made with your kind of MD in mind. You certainly are putting them to good use here.