• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Edgware: No, because Road and Street are different networks. That rule only applies to the same network. All forms of the RHW are simply overrides of RHW2, so one direction of RHW4 or 6* has the same capacity as RHW2, because they all only take up one tile, and the game does capacity by number of tiles, not lanes, as I'm sure they weren't anticipating us making our own networks.

* With RHW 6 cars only drive on one tile each direction, although with the shoulder it takes up two.

Hope this makes sense. NAM Team, correct me if I'm wrong.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Edgware

oh that makes more sense.  ok and you guys used the draw cheats path to make sure they don't drive on the shoulder right? 
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

dragonshardz

BTW, with the capacity problems with DDRHW and other DD networks, if you open up the Traffic Simulator DAT in your NAM installation and know what you are doing, you can increase or decrease capacity for any network.

Case in point: I was having trouble with Avenues going RED, so I just increased their capacity.

~~Dragonshardz~~

JoeST

dragonshardz, yeah while what you say is true, the problem would be that it increases capacity over all networks, so the normal would have double the capacity over the DD version and suchlike

(I am sure you realise this, I was just pointing it out ;) )

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on July 04, 2008, 01:17:20 PM
BTW, with the capacity problems with DDRHW and other DD networks, if you open up the Traffic Simulator DAT in your NAM installation and know what you are doing, you can increase or decrease capacity for any network.

Joe's right here.  The DDRHW is based on the same network as all the other RHWs.  The ratios will remain the same no matter what value you put in for RHW capacity.

Quote from: Edgware on July 04, 2008, 01:11:31 PM
oh that makes more sense.  ok and you guys used the draw cheats path to make sure they don't drive on the shoulder right? 

Actually, when I pathed the RHW-6, I didn't need to see the DrawPaths cheat for that.  The path file for the shoulder tile is completely blank--it's just a "dummy" path.

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

Edgware: They didn't need to use the draw paths cheat to ensure that nobody drives on the shoulder because they didn't path the shoulder in the first place (to the extent of my knowledge), and sims don't have minds of their own--they're just pixels, so I don't think we have to worry about sims driving on the shoulder.

(Again, NAM Team, correct me if I'm wrong)

EDIT: Alex beat me to it, so read his answer instead!

dragonshardz

Joe: actually what I did is increase just the capacity of Avenue. In this case it would be an increase in the capacity of both normal RHW and DDRHW to the same capacity

IE, if RHW is normally 1000 capacity and it is increased in the TS to 2000 that means that RHW now has 2000 capacity and DDRHW has 2000 capacity.

And yes I realize what you were pointing out.  ;D

~~Dragonshardz~~

Edgware

ah wow.  Well I'll wait till i'm more sure that i'm going to start modding before i learn the specifics.
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

Shadow Assassin

More MAVE goodness.

How about a MAVE-5? Or even, a MAVE-6?

The RULs unfortunately are particularly unstable for the MAVE-6 ,since it will often deconvert.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

deion30296

My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

deathtopumpkins

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

superhands

that looks great SA. any plans to have the double white line?

this is just my idea. and not my project so ill remove the image if need be.

Shadow Assassin

Quotethat looks great SA. any plans to have the double white line?

Since there aren't really many textures that need to be changed, and I can do it at the same time as the American road textures, white double lines are indeed possible.

Maybe it'll be an optional add-on, as an additional texture replacement designed to complement the Euro Road Mod.

Actually... it'd be nice to see an Australian Road Texture Replacement Mod...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

I agree that double white lines are a good idea. If there is a MAVE in the Netherlands, it would be this way.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Edgware

Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

Patricius Maximus

[q]wait so does this mean a road has the same capacity as a street but just has a higher speed?[/q]

I'm no modder, but from what I've heard I think this:
The per-tile capacity only applies to the same network, such as Avenue, RHW, and Road. The NAM team can't create new networks, they can only modify existing ones and have texture and path overrides with starter pieces.

Anyway, if I'm wrong someone else will answer the question.

allan_kuan1992

MAVE 6? Wow. Are you using a puzzle-piece override for creating it though? Or is there a lack of intersections that causes it to revert to the MAVE 4? Anyway, this is excellent progress! =) Wish to see it ingame soon.

- Allan Kuan

gn_leugim