• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM GLR system help

Started by twist2172, September 26, 2010, 07:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twist2172

Hello all,

First off, I just want to say how appreciative I am of all the hard work that has been involved in making sim city 4 RH such a great new game.  It's almost like sim city 5 has already come out with all these new features.  My dilemma I have is with the GLR system.  I have just put it into place into my city ive been working on, and it looks great!  I have all the correct puzzle pieces and i have used the one way roads to make the stations ive put in to work.  For some reason however, the new system is not working.  My guess is maybe this is because I already have a heavily used subway system in place already, and the two systems are not connected because of limited space I have in my city.  But maybe I am missing something.  I am using Antoine's Tram stops as my GLR tram stops in my city, and it looks as if they are only being used as bus stops.  Are they not going to be used as tram stops?  And if so, could I get some recommendations as to what tram stops will actually work with the GLR system? 

Thank you again for your time, and I hope to share some of my pictures with you all soon on my up and coming city!

jdenm8

Theoretically, any Elevated Rail/GLR station should work as they're all modded pretty much the same.
Low usage can be triggered by several factors. The most common one is the trams go where your Sims don't want to go.
Also, I don't think I need to explain this, but your Sims will only board and exit trams at tram stops.

If you want to force the usage of trams at those stations, you can change the modding the stations to disallow the boarding/alighting of busses.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

catty

Quote from: twist2172 on September 26, 2010, 07:43:02 PM
For some reason however, the new system is not working.  My guess is maybe this is because I already have a heavily used subway system in place already, and the two systems are not connected because of limited space I have in my city.  But maybe I am missing something.

If you wish to join your subway and GLR network together and not use a lot of space to do so, I'd suggest the RTMT GLR Transitions found on the LEX here

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2248

The GLR-in-Avenue is 3x2 in size, and the GLR-in-Road is 3x1 in size

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Chrisim

Try another station. I believe that some tram-avenue stations at the STEX are modded incorrectly.