• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No texture images in SC4 Tool

Started by catagirl, March 10, 2009, 04:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catagirl

Hello,

I have no texture images at all showing in my SC4 tool when i try to open the file in texture scanner. I can see the image info in the report view, but no image in image view.

Any idea why?

Thanks for your help.

Andrea H.

BarbyW

You need to find the button on the right hand window that says Mode and change it to Image.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

MandelSoft

I can't see images at all in the Texture Scanner and the Texture Creator (only when I add new textures, I can see the bitmaps that I use, but not the end result). Is this because I´m using Vista?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

catagirl

Quote from: BarbyW on March 10, 2009, 04:54:58 AM
You need to find the button on the right hand window that says Mode and change it to Image.

I did that before sending my orignal post!... It was an obvious one I think....
But no, still no images. It's just empty.

I'm running Windows 7 here, maybe that's why. People on vista seems to have a problem.

Chrisim

One of the many Microsoft Windows XP Updates of mid October does change something in the XP system that causes the SC4Tool to not display textures anymore. Deinstalling all these updates solves the problem. I had no time yet to identify which update is the culprit.

hooha47

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I've found that if I have textures in the Plugins folder in My Documents/SimCity 4, the images don't show up in SC4 Tool, but if I have them in the Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins folder, they do.
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

Jonathan

Null45 has made a fix for this here (he updated the post on the 16th Oct)
Just replace the FSHLib.dll in the SC4Tools folder with the one in the download.

Jonathan

Chrisim

Yes, the fix by Null45 does also work for Windows XP, and since Microsoft's security update KB958869, it is required.

KatHuntoon

I am also having this problem in that I created a texture and it shows up, and not any others. . . .

but was wondering if I need to set the folder to find the correct one. . .not sure which that would be

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to add in all the textures I have in Paintshop and other folders?. .