• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Corals in SimCity?

Started by frdrcklim, March 14, 2008, 06:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frdrcklim

I'm not sure if this is the right page to say. Oh well, here goes.

I'm not sure if this was requested before. When I downloaded some of those rocks, garbage and some other flora stuff, some of them can be placed underwater. I was wondering if it was possible now to plop flora underwater,then why not plop coral reefs instead of rocks or trees or moss. You gotta admit, it would be nice if the seabed was colorful for a change. :)
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

City Builder

I guess it might depend on the water texture that people are using, seems theres a few options out there right now.  The one that I use who's name escapes me  seems to maybe too dark to show colors through them, when I plop rocks in the water it's pretty much just a dark shadowy looking object.  Still it would be nice to see some colorful coral reefs for the shallower parts of the oceans with the right water texture/colors.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

RebaLynnTS

I forget who did them, but there is a set of plopable coral reefs on ST, as well as underewater flora.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Toichus Maximus

I believe there was a coral reef set in a goldiva lot? South sea mayor ploppables or something?

ya, here it is
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=13068

And if you combine it with some of the rocks and underwater flora, and then add a few of the flowers and rocks in sorchin's set, you can get a pretty convincing reef.

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=17099

Here's my reef:

There is a lot of room for improvement, yes, but this can work really well if you're good at it. I'm mediocre (or humble, don't know which  :P ).

frdrcklim

I never knew about the goldiva lot. Thx. ::)

I already have scorchin set. That was what I was talking about but thx anyway. ;D
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.