• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Hehe my another guinea fowl
I always posted about the landscapes and I though about you with the french road signs, I made few props more about village's entry/exit signs and few others that you maybe recognize.

I admit that I am a little bit fed up with this pack 130 props is really long to do but I have to do it and I am sure you will use it (my cars look good finally).

I made a mistake in my pack, I made 129 signs and have the slot 102 free, I let you choise this last sign prop  ;D let me know what you want  :thumbsup: 

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Battlecat

Stunning work!  That is a gorgeous rural scene!

Badsim

Hi ,  ;)

Thanks you all for your friendly comments about the comeback of AntigOne:thumbsup: Having had a doubt about the utility of this comeback , you have cleared it away . I'll try to be not only demonstrative but also explanatory , like by the past .

Connor , many thanks for having spent so much of your precious time to read it back , I should  do the same , as , browsing my imageshack account , have seen that many pictures have disappeared ... a renovation would be surely necessary .  ::) I'll think about that ... About raising the bar , this is mainly thanks to BATers ... I'm just putting things together like Joan  said ( always so pleasant to see you here Joan  :) ) .

*********************************************************************************************

« Making of » pictures that time ...

Planning overview ,

Minor changes for a better effect ; I've removed the plopable grass and after many tries ,  pitched on Pegasus Terrain Mod ( Maxis textures improved ) . I've abandoned with regrets Orange_o 's marvelous HD Pyrenean Terrain Mod because I'm not enough good at micro terraforming to make appear the textures I would like , where I would like them to appear . &mmm

The area I'm currently working on :

Coming next  ; a tourism office & a holidays resort . For the time being , I've started something I had in mind since a very long time , the resizing ( via Occupant sizes ) of all Mayor Mod Plopables items I'm using ;  water , bushes , rocks , sand , gravel , so I can plop them more densely . To tell you the truth , the results so far aren't obvious ...

I'm also experimenting Orange_o's plopable stones ( from the Aubrac set ) , to reproduce something relatively frequent in Haute-Loire ( which is a volcanic country ) : streams of volcanic stones across the meadows  ... they have a local specific name , but I don't remember it .

I'm not yet completely satisfied ... not sure I'll be sucessful to avoid LotEditing .

After these landscaping experiments , I'll start the necessary LotEditing to add details & coordinate everything . See you next with the result ...

Thanks for your visit . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

vester

It is always with pleasure to see a new post in the thread and this one looks great, as always.

Girafe

Superb pictures as always  &apls
the first one is for me sublim, even if the Giraffe eats only good green trees, it has a weakness for the pines but you understood it  :)

what a pity for the PTM but I understand you, not so easy to dominate this animal  :D

I have an idea about the name of the rocks, in the Alps we call this "pierrier", and it's in the box which remplaces the brain of the giraffe  $%Grinno$%

yep tonight I decided to be funny with my guinea fowl

ps: I feel shame at the old pines, I never understand why there are small white points ont the leaves, mistake I didn't notice in that time  &mmm

Anyway good job, I want sheeps  :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

RickD

Very beautiful picures. I like what you did with the rocks.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Badsim

Arne & Rick , thank you .  ;)

Single pic of the day , dedicated to my favorite Girafe . No need to comment as I may post randomly like that during the next days or the complete update in a month or two , depending my progresses ... and my impulses ! $%Grinno$%

Yes , Antoine , we have screes ( « pierriers » , but I'm sure they have another name in local dialect ... ) finally with Lot Editing - nothing's better - and you have sheep . ;D

Don't worry about your pines , they're fabulous .  :thumbsup: That pines plantation ( this isn't a natural forest ) has been quickly made with a single 1x5 randomly ploped Lot but I intend to rework it with a complete set of Lots ; 1x1 , 1x2 , etc , so I'll get the perfect compromise between a natural forest and a pines plantation but not so well aligned ... and I'll take care with the one having that imperfection at a certain angle . Without speaking of your second pines pack to come ... :P

Love these hang-gliders wich have the capability to follow you in your game window ... don't know the name of that modding property but that's cool . ;D

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Battlecat

Very nice indeed!  The rocky slopes on the field look particularly good in this update.  It's all about the density of rocks and you seem to have achieved it in the last update.  That scene looks amazing!  Your river in the previous update beautifully detailed as well!

noahclem

Nice updates and great-looking pictures  &apls  I like how you go into detail about the process of creating these scenes, using different terrain mods, re-lotting, and assorted rocks and trees. It's easy to learn something valuable visiting here  ;)

Sciurus

That's just excellent, as always!! No more to say! &apls &apls &apls &apls My little factory will be very good there $%Grinno$%

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

wouanagaine

What can be said but wow, you're amazing !!!

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Badsim

Thank you . :)

Pics of the day ...

From the new Tourism Office ,

I'm fighting here with vexations :

To not be able to touch the « stairs » tiles coming with SAM diagonals is a vexation . Here , I can't use my old trick with resized Lots & new props , as the process to « save »  changing the game settings , erase all ploped stuffs added in Mayor Mod on these Lots ...
(I don't use Transit Enabling either .)

The lack of offset props to try to circle that vexation , is another vexation ...

The sizes of many props on many Lots don't allow the use of Mayor Mod Plopables to add something on them : a third vexation .  I spend my time to resize them all ( to 0.1,0.1,0.1 ) , as one goes along , searching them most of the time at the heart of .Dat files ...

I'm now going to start the LotEditing of the Holidays Resort ;

From that old Lot already used a long time ago ( for the ski station ) and now totally outdated . ;D

Thanks for your visit .  :thumbsup:

Cédric.

vester

Outdated !!! Blame it on the girafe :P  ;)

Nice update.

Sciurus

Wonderful, as always &apls But as you said, your lot is totally outdated! Girafe Cédric's waiting for you! $%Grinno$%

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

cubby420

Wonderful atmosphere. I want to take a relaxing Sunday drive through your countrysides.

mattb325

I am so glad to see Antigone return! So many wonderful scenes keep bringing this old game to life  ()stsfd()

As for your dilema, you can turn existing props into new off-set ones in the reader. It is a difficult and tedious process, but it can be done.

Cogeo's model tweaker should do the same thing with an easier interface, but I have not tried this function out yet, so I can't say whether it is easier/harder than using the reader. It may be something worth considering, particularly if the creator is not still active to ask him or her to re-render as an off-set prop (which is by far the easiest option).

Jmouse

I just love studying the many details in your screen grabs, Cédric. The way you've scattered the rocks behind the buildings in the first pic of this update looks so natural. Plopping is easy, making the result look natural isn't. I like the ground cover, too, but I can't figure how you did it. Is it a terrain mod or plopable grass?

Someone once said, "The devil is in the details." That may be so, but in your case, the breath of life in each scene is in the details! :)

Beautiful work...
Joan

Nardo69

C'mon Cedric - confess: You are cheating! You just photoshopped some RL photos!

No?

umm ...

really?

Oh boy.

One day I really may have to burn my SC4 CDs ...  :'(

Nah, just kiddin'

C'est un merveilleux travail mon ami. Tu m'ais surpassé ...

ecoba

Lovely, as again and always forth, Cedric !  :)

Your rural scenes become some of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen from SC4 and give me great inspiration about again playing for my rural areas.

The return is pleasant and I look forward at more pictures for many days to come !

Ethan :)

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °