• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

texture to prop

Started by gazac, January 28, 2007, 08:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazac

Hope someone can help
can a texture be made into a prop?
if so how?

I want to use some textures under Highways

sam

I don't understand the question. Do you mean a Bat texture or a Lot Texture for example?

But no, textures and props are very different game files and can't be converted into each other.

If you had a nice texture in gmax you could apply it to a very flat prism. But then you would be restricted to a very flat lot, ie it wouldn't work on slopes, and there are all sorts of visual tricks and tweaks that would need to be done to make it look right. Simgoober's water is an example of this kind of lot.

Also I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want to use them under highways? Do you mean like flora props?

Diggis

Nah I think he/she's after overhanging lots to go under the highways and cover the empty area.

gazac

Quote from: Diggis on January 29, 2007, 12:03:54 AM
Nah I think he/she's after overhanging lots to go under the highways and cover the empty area.

That right on,  I want to use overhang lots using Texture, 'railway grass' & 'some other grass'

sam

You won't be able to overhang textures on lots. You will need to make an overhanging prop and texture it in the BAT. Don't forget to account for the BAT colour shifts if you are trying to match game textures.

Fukuda

Yeah, it's possible
If you don't want a pixelated texture, don't export the texture with BAT. Take a 16x16 rectangular piece (from the NAM i.e.) and apply your FSH texture to the piece, change the IDS and point the prop exemplar to your 3D piece.
;)
Back to europe ;D

wouanagaine

Indeed it works, but then you'll need some experiences with reader :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4