• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Why use control while zoneing?

Started by Gaston, January 06, 2007, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

Okay another dumb question from me.     In the DL section, there is a new lot that is a growable industrial.    In the description it says to "use the control key while zoneing to get the right size".    Why?    What does that do for me?

---Gaston

btw, if this topic should be somewhere else, please feel free to move it Jeronij.
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Ajax

By using control while zoning, it prevents the game from automatically drawing streets within the zone.  This allows you to zone large areas such as an 8x8 industrial zone to allow a large lot to grow.  Hope this helps  ;)!

Gaston

Thanks so much Ajax.   I kinda figured that might be what it was.   Guess thats why I couldn't get the growth I wanted.   LOL
Ya learn something new every day.

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

mattb325

As well as what Ajax said, you can also get some amazing results from your cities when you use the control key for Industrial, Residential and Commercial.

Not only does it allow you to get the mega 8x8 and upwards lots, but even on smaller lots such as 2x4 or 5x3, using the control key when zoning will help you get some very specific buildings and lot sizes to grow which you may not otherwise see...

NikNik

Quote from: Ajax on January 06, 2007, 11:25:49 PM
By using control while zoning, it prevents the game from automatically drawing streets within the zone.  This allows you to zone large areas such as an 8x8 industrial zone to allow a large lot to grow.  Hope this helps  ;)!

I agree with Ajax, but there is also an additional benefit when zaoning with CTRL pressed down industrial areas (only medium and dense zones), the lots will grow better, so you will not have a 1x1 or 1x2 lot at the back of your industrypark with a no road acces zot hovering above it.

Try it.

ik-Nik

Gaston

Thanks for all the replys.   Mattb325, Ajax, NikNik.    I am always amazed at how little I know about this game I have been playing for so long.     It seems I learn something new every time I log into this site.    It is great that we can share so much knowledge.

---Gaston
白龍