• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeseith

Quote from: toxicpiano on December 02, 2007, 11:28:01 AM
ROADS!? WHERE WE'RE GOING WE WON'T NEED ROADS!!!

Just finished watching back to the future on HBO like me I see..  :D

rickmastfan67

Quote from: mikeseith on December 02, 2007, 11:45:00 AM
Just finished watching back to the future on HBO like me I see..  :D

I have the box set of Back to the Future. ;D  One of the best sets of movies ever IMO. :) :thumbsup:
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

I love the scene in back to the future part 2 where it ses "No Landing Zone"  :D
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Starmanw402007

I love those new photos, Keep Up the Greak Work Guys. &apls &apls &apls.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

Tarkus

Quote from: Detox06 on December 01, 2007, 11:38:53 PM
Hey y'all. It's been quite a while since I've played SC4, and I'm just now putting it back onto my computer. I was just curious if anyone knows how much longer it is until a release on either the next NAM, or the NWM? Even tentative dates? Like how much is done and left?

There won't be a "next NAM", technically-speaking.  The NAM has gone modular with the June 2007 release, so instead of releasing one giant package as we've done in the past, we're now just releasing individual components for download, to allow the user the option of what to install, and also to allow for the components to be released sooner, rather than waiting for enough new stuff to accumulate to warrant a "new NAM".  Thus, we were able to release the SAM (Street Addon Mod) back in September.

There technically won't be an "NWM" either--the RHW, TLA, Wider One-Ways, etc. are going to be released separately.  The next thing you can expect is a new version of the RHW (v20).  We haven't finalized what all will be in it, but the long-awaited MIS will be included in some form or another.  It is currently in testing as an Alpha Build (the 2nd alpha to be precise).  I haven't had much time to work on it much further beyond that lately, as I've been busy finishing up the term at college, and I also managed to break my right elbow (so I'm in a cast and typing one-handed).  But college is now over for the term for me as of earlier today, and I'm now on break for the next month, so I will have more time. 

That being said, I can't give a tentative date, because I have no idea. :D  Besides, we NAMites like to surprise people.  ;)  Development cycle-wise, it will probably be another 2-4 Alpha Builds before it is in a more stable Beta stage (when it can be unleashed on the public at long last ;)).

Hope that answers some questions, and I will be back again soon with new development pics.  ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

el_cozu

crap.... elbow fracture... that sucks..... but oh well.... school's first.... take care that elbow of yours XD...

viva mexico

Palpatine001

Quote from: j-dub on November 27, 2007, 07:10:44 PM
Great progress guys. Thanx for making on and off ramps for MIS.
Hello again, I have been doing make up work, on this. Its kind of an odd shaped lot.
Except for Azns lights at the end, and has CPs trucks, and the one lanes going in and out the lot. Thats not a seperate lot going out of the station with the on ramp. Don't worry, this not functional, but currently is just a Landmark not doing anything else as well. Pending a garage OR truck stop building. One of the two, for some reason the Maxis building doesn't show up, so how this saved at all, I don't know. But for some reason, theres some animated cars, 2 way traffic that occassionally show in the building's place, like they want to move but there stuck. :(

Interesting work there indeed

May I recommend testing the MIS on this set http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=17683   It is mine, however these were always designed for something like the RHW MIS system.

Otherwise  :thumbsup: as always
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

rooker1

Quote from: j-dub on November 27, 2007, 07:10:44 PM
Great progress guys. Thanx for making on and off ramps for MIS.
Hello again, I have been doing make up work, on this. Its kind of an odd shaped lot.
Except for Azns lights at the end, and has CPs trucks, and the one lanes going in and out the lot. Thats not a seperate lot going out of the station with the on ramp. Don't worry, this not functional, but currently is just a Landmark not doing anything else as well. Pending a garage OR truck stop building. One of the two, for some reason the Maxis building doesn't show up, so how this saved at all, I don't know. But for some reason, theres some animated cars, 2 way traffic that occassionally show in the building's place, like they want to move but there stuck. :(

Interesting...........to say the least.

Robin  :D
Call me Robin, please.

rickmastfan67

I might have something to show you guys by the end of the weekend. ;)

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Pat

hmmm something from you James has to be stunning and i cant wait to see it!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

Theres nothing quite like the NAM Team teasing the rest of us... :D

Cheers,
Kevin

cammo2003

Breaking your elbow must be a RUL pain.  :P (sorry, I thought that lame joke up and had to post it).

Hope it gets better soon. Broken body parts hoover.

Starmanw402007

Rick, that'll be cool. I'll be looking for that update this weekend.

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

LoneRanger

Ok I have been reading up on this mod wich is excelent  &apls [the mod that is, not me reading up, well that too]
Now, I still can't seem to connect RHW to any other form of transportation.
I reinstalled the nam, made sure the ant was chosen/installed but still no luck.
I can only connect with puzzle-parts but they don't seem transit.
Prolly I should wait for the MIS but something tells me that wont work since I can't connect right now.
Am I just missunderstanding something or am I?

I uninstalled the nam and rhw and sam. [the last never worked here either]
Reinstalled nam+ant and after that rhw+euro textures.
I can place the rhw and it looks fine but can't connect any type of road to it.

Filasimo

loneranger: have ya checked out the SAM thread yet? there is a minireadme of the SAM and also at the very bottom there are instructions on how to install each mod. if ya havnt yet make sure to check it out i had to help someone install the whole package a few days ago and it works fine for them  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

LoneRanger

Quote from: Filasimo on December 06, 2007, 11:55:53 AM
loneranger: have ya checked out the SAM thread yet? there is a minireadme of the SAM and also at the very bottom there are instructions on how to install each mod. if ya havnt yet make sure to check it out i had to help someone install the whole package a few days ago and it works fine for them  ;)

I knew there was something for those that had only red on the sam how to fix it.
Since I was never realy seriously interested in the sam I never caught up there.
Thanks for your help I will check it out.  :)

dragonshardz

@LoneRanger: make sure that you have the june 2007 version of the NAM, and not an earlier one!!

@cammo:
Quote from: cammo2003 on December 06, 2007, 12:52:00 AM
Breaking your elbow must be a RUL pain.

groaner!!! that truly is a very bad joke. no offense, but oh that's a bad 'un!

Ryan B.

Breaking your elbow must be a RUL pain.

[Stewie Griffin]  Wow - even I found that to be in bad taste. [/Stewie Griffin]   :P

rickmastfan67

Quote from: BigSlark on December 06, 2007, 12:27:19 AM

Cheers,
Kevin

Yep, we have fun doing it. :P

Tarkus

Breaking your elbow must be a RUL pain.  :P (sorry, I thought that lame joke up and had to post it).

Actually, it is a bit of a "RUL Pain".  I can't write RULs as quickly with one hand, though I still get by. :P  And don't worry about it being bad--I've come up with FAR worse. :D

Hope it gets better soon. Broken body parts hoover.

Thanks, though I'm not sure what you mean about them "hoovering"--I haven't been able to vacuum things up with it. :P

Quote from: BigSlark on December 06, 2007, 12:27:19 AM

We like to surprise people.   ;)

Back with screenies a little later.

-Alex (Tarkus)