• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedo50

The only problem with this is that in real life it would usually be the other way round, with the RHW over the railway, as train have a much harder time climbing slopes than cars do.

Fred

jplumbley

Quote from: Warrior on July 23, 2007, 05:34:21 AM
Yes. But the MIS/El-RHW is likely to come out next version, probaly when the new textures are released.

We shall see.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

DFire870

Yeah, either the highway is elevated over the tracks, but since we can't use that for RHW right now, you can make a portion of the RHW a sunken highway, then use the rail on-slop puzzle pieces to make it a straight track over the RHW.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

jplumbley

Quote from: Warrior on July 23, 2007, 11:53:41 AM
So I it's(MIS) not coming out next version?

Im not confirming nor denying that MIS is going to come out in the next version of RHW.  The fact is we dont know.  It really depends on how much is done on it, and Tarkus has be blindsided by some real bad RLS.  We dont even know when the next release will happen.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jplumbley

Hey everyone,  I am wondering if there is anyone out there with a copy of RHW-2, the only link I can find is dead.  I need to extract the textures for a test.  So anyone that has a functional link, or that can send me the original zip folder, I will be greatful.

Thanks in advance!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jplumbley on July 23, 2007, 01:13:43 PM
Hey everyone,  I am wondering if there is anyone out there with a copy of RHW-2, the only link I can find is dead.  I need to extract the textures for a test.  So anyone that has a functional link, or that can send me the original zip folder, I will be greatful.

Thanks in advance!

Hit me up on MSN.  I got what you need. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Zaphod

Im looking foward to MIS, just curious how broad are the curves tilewise? Im saving space right now

Hey, not highway related, but I found a used ELP cd at hastings that has your avatar and namesake song on it. Listening to it now, cool stuff :thumbsup:
War Kittens !?

rickmastfan67

Ok guys, I got the colors darkened.  How do they look now?

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

nwelsh

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Very nice rickmastfan67, keep up the good work.  &apls
nwelsh

BigSlark

All I have to say is "Damn!"

You did a great job on these textures rickmastfan67!

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

I didn't the last set looked bad, but now seeing the new ones, they are much better. Great job, rickmastfan67!

ACEfanatic02

rickmastfan67:  New textures look perfect.  Great job.

About the RR crossings further upthread:  certainly, Interstate-grade highways do not have at-grade crossings.  But state highways, US highways, and really any non-interstate highway outside of a major city have at-grade crossings.  And since the RHW emulates them as much as Interstate-grade highways, wouldn't it make sense to include a realistic RR crossing as well?

-ACE
日本語勉強中-最近読んだ本はこちらで見えます。
Python Enthusiast

rickmastfan67

Thanks guys.  Here's a new piece that I just finished up a little bit ago.  It's really two pieces but you all know it as one. ;)  It's the Avenue connection to the RHW system.  Up next when I have the time, the One-Way Road connection. ;)

bat

thundercrack83

The RHW-Avenue connection looks pretty good, rickmastfan67. I like the extra reflectors at the end of the RHW. Great work!

mightygoose

well talking with tarkus surely this isnt really a rural highway but more of a total highway replacement. these are perfectly viable in urban areas as they are in rural.... maybe this should infact become the HAM.... highway addon mod.

anyway enough semantics....

i was wondering if anyone out their fancied giving me a hand with something me and Dusktrooper were talking about.

basically the idea is draggable sunken highway's, done as modelled puzzle pieces.... we know that automata can be spawned below grid, and we know that they can be pathed, so all i need really is a guy who is good with textures.... and a modding whizz.... to help me get this badboy off the ground....

here is the basic piece that i came up with.

and five adjacent....

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

freedo50

Nice work rick, is it possible to create a connection directly to highway for the RHW, because it would be much easier than doing RHW -> Avenue -> Highway.

Mightygoose, that would be amazing for urban areas, I really hope you can get someone to help you out with this!

Fred