• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tag's Residential Projects

Started by tag_one, October 15, 2008, 04:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

looking great there tag an BTW where did you get that traffic light...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

j-dub

They look like Elliot Hansons, but I don't think he went public with those as T21's, and these clearly have more detail.

tag_one

Thanks for your comments Patrick and J-dub! I made the traffic lights myself :) I'm still working on some more traffic lights for other intersection, so it will take a while before this is being released. On the other hand, it just one T21 per intersection, so it much less work than the street intersection mod I made.
The traffic lights are rendered as HD props btw, for the buildings I thing SD will be fine  :) 

Pat

Sweetness Tag and I cant wait for further devolpment here for sure!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Gwail

Great job, Merijn! I love both the traffic lights and low wealth development. I'm waiting for such traffic lights for a long time :).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Neofita

I am waiting impatiently for ghetto buildings.
I will have to transform my ghetto in Pannocja.
I like your work to these buildings and great work
Thank you in advance for my wonderful future ghetto. &apls
Sorry for my english

tag_one

Chris, Thanks for your reply and your PM. I'm progressing quite slowly with the traffic lights. This because the lights on the one way roads have some issues. The direction of the one way roads seem to be separated from the lot exemplar. This means that the traffic lights won't change 'turn around' if the direction of the one way roads is changed. I'll have to find a solution for that, as it now looks a bit odd in the game.

Neofita Thanks for your reply. Don't worry about your English, you're doing fine :) The ghetto buildings are now in beta. They will be released somewhere next week.   

allan_kuan1992

Can someone say released? =P

The buildings aren't really my style unfortunately... I was thinking of some more low-income non-market housing that cities typically build today. The Maxx does fill a role but a few more wouldn't hurt I think.

- Allan Kuan

Howling

I love the look of those ghetto buildings, we definitely need more. However, one thing I noticed whilst playing was that they seem to be a bit off scale. They're larger than the surrounding buildings. Don't let me stump your BATting though, we need these R$ buildings! Though for my personal taste the difference in scale is a problem.

Keep up the good work!
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

tag_one

Allan Kuan, Thanks for your reply. At the moment I'm only batting old NY styled ghetto buildings. However I'm planning to do some modern ones as well.

Howling, Thanks. It's indeed possible that these buildings are taller than the buildings of other creators. In SC4 sims are about 4 meters tall, so therefor I and many other batters use a ceiling height between to 5 and 7 meters per floor. Unfortunately there are still many batters who use a normal ceiling height of about 3 meter. Next to these buildings my stuff will indeed look odd.

surrus-ginagi

thanks for your great BATs, keep up the good work!

I've just modded the Little Asia Condos to low-wealth, and this happened in my testing city  :D:

tag_one

WOW  :o *falls of his chair...* nice modding!!

welcome to Devotion btw! I feel honored that you made your first post in my topic :)

surrus-ginagi

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Apparently, you've got other BATs too, which tend to rule entire cities  ::):

(I hope it's not considered rude to post my images in a workshop thread)

rooker1

surrus-ginagi....
If it's the creators BATs and the picture looks that good, I highly doubt they will mind the feed back. ;)

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

allan_kuan1992

Well that can be expected... large lots don't grow as easily as small ones...

Speaking of which... I've seen Little Asia Apartments overgrow Paloma Towers for some mysterious reason (come on residential simulators... they're both almost the same and yet the Palomas still gets overgrown due to like 10 extra people or something in the two Asia towers combined) >.< And both grow in extreme overkill in many of my cities. One of my newest cities therefore relies mainly on huge mega-lot developments instead.

But anyway, back to topic. Any news to share?

- Allan Kuan

tag_one

surrus-ginagi, don't worry, your not rude at all! I always like it when I see my building in someones city, so your pictures are more then welcome ;)

Allan Kuan, I haven't experienced that yet, but I do sometimes get a nice row of them. Maybe I should create some others to create a bit of a variety... :D

ATM I've started at ghetto pack vol2. I'm now browsing the Bronx in google streetview to get some inspiration. If someone has some nice RL ghetto pictures, don't hesitate to post them  :) 

Gwail

That's ok, Merijn :). I hope you'll at least publish the traffic lights with proper OW arrows - you can always make overhanging / network enabled lots.

Glad to hear you're starting to walk along the Bronx streets  :thumbsup:. And thanks for publishing pack one. I hope someday I'll be able to test it... :).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

tag_one

Hi there, apart from a industrial and some other things I started with Ghetto Pack 2. This pack will contain some larger R$ buildings. I got my inspiration mostly from building blocks in the Bedford area of the Bronx.
here's the first one:

The street level floor in the picture is actually the basement level. The building will be slopefriendly for soft and medium slopes :)

I'll make some more color variations soon.
What you guys think of it?

Scarton

Positively ugly, and ridiculously shabby.
In other words, perfect ghettos. :thumbsup:

j-dub

Actually in the ghetto you may see the same buildings again. In this case Tag, you could do that same building again but not the same graffiti. Actually I did have Maxis buildings make ugly giant blocks of ghetto once in my city. It seems if you do medium density not too far from industrial the game somehow in a weird way makes a ghetto neighborhood in those colors.