• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commercial Offices and Retail

Started by tag_one, July 12, 2008, 03:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

Thanks for all the comments guys! Much appreciated  :thumbsup:

I changed the entrance a bit to make it look a more wealthier. After that I first made a CO$$ office out of it. For the alfa testing and to get a picture of it I opened city and waited... and waited... and waited... After an hour without growing it I became annoyed and grabbed the SC4 manual. What seems, a CO$$ building can only grow a empty or a CS$ lot. Since most of my 1x1 commercial strips are CS$$ or CS$$$ nothing was upgraded to the office tower. So I deleted the lot and made a CO$$$ instead of it. It now grows on empty, CS$ and CS$$ lots. After the change it grew within minutes :)

Here are some new images of how it looks in game:

I'm quite happy with the result. Time the make a readme and pass this on to the scrutineers.

manchou

Wow, it looks great  &apls Verry beautiful  :thumbsup:
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

zero7

Looking very nice in-game.  The entrance definitely has more presence in this version.  &apls
Call me Richard

Jack_wilds

...I like how it turned out too... however the graphics and writing are on the foundation/retain wall being in scale and too small; so what did you put there?

tag_one

Thanks all  :)

@Jack, the base doesn't contain very interesting details. There some small vents for the water & sprinkler pumps and the fuse boxes. Apart from that there's a connection for the sprinkler installation and the standpipe (bellow the 'B')
Making those details bigger would look real imo :)

Jack_wilds

thanks for for the close-up...  :thumbsup: I see the 'satellite' logos as well and the color also and the texture on the wall better...  :thumbsup:

and yes I know scale is scale and yes I realize it would all look weird and large and yes having done architectural models in the past and that one might not see everything... :P  $%Grinno$% 

...wasn't harping on that, just wanted what you did -a close up, Thank-you; it looks fine and appropriate for a pencil office tower...  :)

Jack  :satisfied:

tag_one

Right.. To keep things short, I'm back. Last months were months I wish to forget. Things happened that shouldn't happen, problems accumulated in a pace even worse than a nightmare and I hurt great friends that don't deserve to be hurt. I wished I could turn back time, but things are as they are. And I have to live with the mistakes and failures I made. Luckily good things come as fast as bad things and things are kind of alright now (at least they are stable). I have a great GF now. She's a lovely girl and I know her since my high school time :). Now that things are stable I can try to work on the bad memories of my youth (basically the cause of all problems I have now) and it's time to catch up my life and my passions again. Even though most of you live far away, I'm happy to have you as my friends and it's time to share buildings with you again.

My newest piece of candy for you. A CS$$$ boutique. It's already in beta so this will soon be released :)

- Merijn

Terring7

Welcome back my friend, glad to see that everything is fine :) :)
I'm going to download this building, it looks great :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mave94

Good to see you back, Merijn!
I've always enjoyed your stuff.
And not everybody lives far away ()stsfd()

Hope you will upload more in future and I know you will.
Don't resume too fast and take care!

-Matthijs

io_bg

Looks great, Merijn! And it's great to hear your RL situation is getting better :thumbsup:
Take care,
Ioan
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

Glad to see you back here, Merijn! I'm happy to hear everything has turned out better in RL  :thumbsup:
And your new BAT is also looking nice.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ciuu96

Nice to hear that things have turned better again, it's great to see you back here! :)

Very nice building you got there too, gonna fit my new city perfectly!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

cogeo

Glad to hear that you are doing well Merijn!

Your BATs are as always excellent!

I have some ideas, considered making them myself, but never found the time: How about some CS$ midrises (5-8 stories)? Simcity has CS$ buildings with up to some 150 jobs, and these grow only on high-density lots (1x3 and 1x2), and require some good traffic (customers) too, and this would rather grow higher-wealth buildings. As a result it's almost impossible to satisfy CS$ demand (imo it's better than ID), unless you zone a huge commercial area. So I'm considering CS$ midrises, growing on medium-density 2x3 lots, and maybe 2x2 high-density too, providing some 300-400 jobs The 2x3 lot-size is very convenient, as it can easily be upgraded to CO$$ and CO$$$, or aggregated into 4x3 (in high-density) if the area gets more desirable. This won't harm realism a lot I think, as such buildings do exist in real cities.

tag_one

Thanks for all the comments my friends! I'm glad you like the building  :)

Quote from: cogeo on February 13, 2011, 07:55:28 AM
Glad to hear that you are doing well Merijn!

Your BATs are as always excellent!

I have some ideas, considered making them myself, but never found the time: How about some CS$ midrises (5-8 stories)? Simcity has CS$ buildings with up to some 150 jobs, and these grow only on high-density lots (1x3 and 1x2), and require some good traffic (customers) too, and this would rather grow higher-wealth buildings. As a result it's almost impossible to satisfy CS$ demand (imo it's better than ID), unless you zone a huge commercial area. So I'm considering CS$ midrises, growing on medium-density 2x3 lots, and maybe 2x2 high-density too, providing some 300-400 jobs The 2x3 lot-size is very convenient, as it can easily be upgraded to CO$$ and CO$$$, or aggregated into 4x3 (in high-density) if the area gets more desirable. This won't harm realism a lot I think, as such buildings do exist in real cities.

On the list... I've many pictures from my trip to the Bronx, so plenty of inspiration  :D ;)

peter007

That building is sweet!

I'm glad to your you're back merijn. SC4D isn't something without you  :satisfied:

Jack_wilds

like the building even if I'm not a big Tudor fan myself, yet I can appreciate it for what it is, as Tudor has its merits...

One step -piece, at a time Merijn...

times of reconciliation and restoration will come later... just keep a peace and your wits about you... the sorting out of ones past and coming to terms with it can be messy, be patient, however don't obsess in what was past...

find the courage to confidently let the past go... forgiveness is one of the major means of doing that... remember forgiving is more for your benefit than theirs, as it empowers you to let go and move on with a clean slate, it also will put to rest what you can't fix; there-in, giving up the baggage that drags you down into dark places...

well, off the soap box and on to other things... like the model of the latest project...  :thumbsup:

Jack