• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commercial Offices and Retail

Started by tag_one, July 12, 2008, 03:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

Hi there,
In this topic I'll show and discuss my newest shops and office buildings. Please feel free to comment or give advice!

My holidays started so I've got some time to bat again. I was thinking about making a small reward that counts the amount of BTE enabled CS buildings you have in your city. The building will be 3x4 big and about 5 to 6 stories high.
Here's a picture of what I've got so far:

I don't really have an example for this building. So I'm not sure how the end result will look like  :D
I'll post an update soon :)

vester

Looks like a good start.

Good to see you back.

tag_one

^^ Thanks Arne :)

Got a nice update of the building. It still needs some more roofjunk like pipes and chimneys on the roof but the building is nearing completion. Whenever I look at the building I keep getting the idea I'm missing something, but I dunno what ()what(). So some advise is more than welcome :)
Here's picture of the back side of the building:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4400/bte1zk6.jpg

edit: Imageshack is annoying so I pasted the link to the picture as well

BarbyW

Imageshack is down at the moment so I can't see the update but the start is interesting and I look forward to seeing the finshed article.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Unassigned

Quote from: tag_one on July 13, 2008, 01:08:49 AMWhenever I look at the building I keep getting the idea I'm missing something, but I dunno what ()what().
Well it's not a fortress, is it? (1) What is on the ground floor level since that has no windows? Archives? van Goghs? (2) Isn't that a rather large building to have the front doors only? How do you go about moving furniture and stuff in and out of the building? If no doors @ ground level, perhaps add those hoisting thingies like there is on many Dutch buildings.

I like your building and would like if you made a growable version, commercial offices, perhaps?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

tag_one

Barby Thanks  :)

Unassigned Thanks for your advice! The first floor of the building is a half-sunken basement with archives and mechanical installations like heating, air conditioning and water pumps for the sprinkler installation. You've made a good point about the amount of entrances. I'll add some stairs and stuff on the back side of the building.
I shall make a growable CO$$$ version for you as well :)

tag_one

Time for an update. Today I finished the details on the building and the night lights. Since 3DS MAX renders quite fast it took me no more than a few minutes to render this building. Before I start with the reward version I made a growable CO$$$ building with about 400 jobs as requested by Unassigned. When I entered the game the first one grew within a minute and some others grew a little while later :)
If anyone got some ideas or advises to improve the look of the building, please tell them. Re-rendering the building takes only a few minutes ;)

Enough text, time for some pictures :D

This is the main entrance of the building:

At night:

Back side of the building:

One of the 3 back doors at night:

And the last one, the side of the building:

Unassigned

&apls
Any estimate on when this will be available? I really like it.
(\__/)

tag_one

^^ Thanks, I don't know when I'll upload this to the public LEX. The growable and the reward versions are finished by now and only need some small tweaks. I think I can place this in beta somewhere tomorrow. Than it depends on the scrutinizers how long it will take. Sometimes it's tested within a few days, but it can also take more than a month if there's nobody who wants to test.

Anyway I said I finished the reward version. So here's a picture of the lot:

Its size is 4x4 and it has about 20 CO$$$ jobs. Apart from that it lifts the demand caps for CO$$ by 20.000 and CO$$ by 10.000 jobs. It also have a slight landmark and park effect.
The custom query of the reward version provides information about the amount of BTE enabled lots:

:)

Alfred.Jones

That is awesome Tag :thumbsup:

Very nice Query :)

Sim City 4 Devotion

Unassigned

Yay for this building finally hitting the LEX! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Also I am very pleased that you did a growable version, I owe you one.
(\__/)

tag_one

Thanks Alfred.Jones and Unassigned I'm glad you like it  :)

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Really fantastic work there on your buildings!
They are looking wonderful! :thumbsup:

tag_one

The last couple of weeks I worked on a new office building. Not that it was very hard to make, but with 10 to 15 per session progress was very slow. Anyway I rendered the building and made a growable CO$$ of it. A few minutes ago I got the first one to grow in one of my beta-cities. Here are some pictures:

and at night:

Tell me what you think, suggestions are always welcome ;)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

tag just stunning detail and the lot is perfect if you ask me!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tag_one

Arthur, Thanks I'm glad you like it  :)

Pat, Many thanks! The secret behind the beauty are Simgoober's wildflowers. They are perfect to add some color to a large area. Besides that they are only a a feet high so they will fit underneath most buildings without LOD problems ;)

tag_one

Hi there, after two weeks of learning and making exams it's time to BAT some new buildings. During my summer holidays I was secretly experimenting with old German timberframe buildings. Here's something I created today:

suggestions and comments are welcome :)

baconrocky

&apls Very Nice, one suggestion though - you should model the lot like kwakelaar's European buildings then they will fit nicely with his set, and then your Timberframe buildings becoming MUCH more valuable ;) because they look like they would fit nicely in any old towne. :D