• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Orlach

Started by squidi, November 05, 2007, 07:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

Absolutely stunning work.
May I ask how in some pictures, you got the sidewalk texture to change on opposite sides of the avenue?

squidi

thanks for replys bat and robin

@toichus its 1 base texture at one side and another base texture on the other side and than i made the roads with overlay textures

i have shown you this area before but i wanted to try my first mosaik

rooker1

I think your first mosaic shouldn't be your last.  Great work!

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Haljackey

LOL, the courthouse is a Red Lobster.  I wouldn't mind having some fried shrimp while in court, would you?

Anyways, these photographs are among the best I have ever seen in SC4. Keep at it squidi!
-Haljackey

squidi

@hal - if you have to go there u get crushed from a huge ..  ;)

ok  -the truth is that it was a mistake i didnt realised what i have done and i had to look what the meaning is of lobster after i had heard this here the first time
becouse my english/us vocabulary is really bad  :(

edit:  the next update can take some days
ive no time for lot editing now becouse im trying to find out how to convert my TE avenues into puzzlpeaces for better pathfinding and a more realistic city
tomorrow iv weekend and will use the time for the next update :)

bat

Das ist ein sehr schönes "Mosaic", squidi! :thumbsup: Freue mich auf mehr...

translation:
That's a very nice mosaic, squidi! :thumbsup: Looking forward to more...

Schulmanator

Love those purple flowering trees!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

squidi

thanks for your replys bat and schulmanator

nice to hear that you like that trees and i have some new lots with them and otherones but still working on the avenues for them
i was modifying t21 exemplars to make the aves dragabl but figured out that this is not the right choise for me cos if i have changed them for another kind of avenue it often happend that on intersection the new props are appearing on the neighbour ave so i have still to try make puzzpieces but there is only one tutorial for this and its really tough for a total newbie like me so i hope i will learn it soon    ()what()

as you can see the highway have some problems with the shadow but i cant find any highway ore base props with appearing shadows :(

and here we have the orlach highway police (left) with a vanilla maxis building as headquater :)
(btw: i made a small model to a police station and put this building as prop over it cos i thought for a big city you need a bigger police station but i coudnt found big ones and made it by myself)

bat

Dieses Mosaic sieht wieder fantastisch aus! Und natürlich auch sehr hübsche Bilder!

translation: This mosaic is looking again fantastic! And of course also very nice pictures!

squidi

danke fuer dein besuch bat

ok guys here is what i am workin on
i think its about 90% finished i have to fix some ods and there are a few props im thinking a bout changing them
a few props will also be added
i will be happy to read any suggestions from you

edit: it should be 6 pictures sometimes you have to refresh if they wont load

bat

Erneut ein großartiges Update! Eine schöne Stadt hast du da!

translation:
Once again a great update! A nice city there!

rooker1

Super work on the last two updates.  Your work in LE is coming along very well.  The tree in your avenues is very nice touch and you have an eye for detail.  It's great to come visit your MD, I can always spend alot of time here.

&apls &apls &apls

Call me Robin, please.

tkirch

The last few updates are great.  I especially love the parks in the mosaics they look great!

squidi

thanks to bat, robin and tkirch for your nice comments

the last week i was very layz  ;) but im working for the next update since yesterday and it will take some days

amd here comes something new
somthing uneuropean  ;)
orlach get a small chinatown and here we have the border of it with a small pedastrian mall i hope you like it

all suggestions are wished

bat

That's a nice looking Chinatown there! Good work! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Very nice pictures.  Your LE skills are incredible.  I love coming here to visit your MD, it's a very refreshing to see someone spend so much time making exactly the way they want their city to look.  There are only a few of us using LE to this level, as far as I know. I look forward what ever you have for us next.

&apls &apls &apls

Call me Robin, please.

squidi

danke fuer dein post bat

thanks  for your comment robin

ok here the work from my weekend but i havnt finished the stuff i wanted it was to hard for me  ;)

i also noticed to late that i doesnt made the shadows as true in pluginmanager from all the buildings i made as props

what ever .. thats what im workin on

the railyard took me a lot of time cos i was trying out a lot with the textures
i think i changed every tile a bout 10 times ;D
my impression was looking some german citys with googl earth
its next to an upcomming trainstation and not an industrial railyard but i also used some warehouses for some logistic stuff like i saw that in GE. i think i will add some more shrubs for the empty places but not so much. 
i will make this setup over a long distance through the city and hope you like it 

thats it

Badsim

Hello squidi ,

Nice to see how ideas are flowering here ! Maybe too much sometimes ( trees ... ::) ) but that's a question of taste .  $%Grinno$%
There's a lot of details to look at  , and very "scenic" :thumbsup: , on your previous update , the way you used this kind of yard vehicle ( I don't know how to say otherwise ) to represent the cutting/maintenance of trees is a terrific little thing like I love them so much !

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

bat

Fantastische neue Bilder von Chinatown! Auch ein sehr schönes "Rail yard".

translation:
Fantastic new pictures of Chinatown! Also a very nice rail yard!

RickD

Hi squidi,

amazing how you filled the empty space under the elevated highway. I wish I was smart enough to make such lots myself because I hate to see the green under the elevated stuff in the middle of my downtowns.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)