• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vizoria

The stream looks really good and the winding road is well done. Maybe offset the forest slightly on either side of the road or add in some MMP bushes or grass to smooth up the roadside.

vortext

The winding road looks great!  :thumbsup:

It's also amazing how fast you are mmp-ing the whole mountain!  :o Practice makes perfect I guess!  :D

great ostim!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Thanks for the comments. :)

TTC - Yeah, I'm always like "Uh.. Let's just save the game right now" before putting a FAR or smooth corner on/next to a slope in case it mess it up (which it almost always does).   &sly
reddonquixote - Strange that you've never seen it before, it's a fairly old dam from PEG.
manga rivotra - More like amazing how much time you have when you're unemployed.  :D
romualdillo - As for props along the road... it's an idea. Apart from speed limit signs, safety signs (no overtaking, no U turn ..) and security railing, I can't really think of anything else..  &Thk/(
Vizoria - There are already some bushes along the road before the tree starts, although I have to agree you have to look closely to see them. However from what I've seen IRL those kind of roads tend to really cut right through the forest like that.
vortext - Again, I've got too much time on my hands.. :D It's not complicated either once you know what you do. I've reduced the number of MMP in my menu to the strict minimum I use. First I lay the conifers and firs along the ridge of the mountains, then the oaks in the valleys, then I fill partially with maples, put some chestnuts here and there and finally fill the blanks with ashes. :)

--

since the preparations are finished, I'll really start showing pictures from the actual project I had in mind. It's not much really, but I'm just going to showcase scenes inspired by the manga/anime Initial D. Right now for today will be just some shots of the main city, Akina. The next update will start talking about the protagonist of the mini-series.
All pictures are available in full resolution. (1280x1024)

It's really a pain in the bottom to fill large city tiles with farms and trees... Makes the game so slow when you add the shadows..

That's it for today.. I'll be back in a few days with more stuff to show. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Fantastic pictures here ! I like the region view, your farms looks very well done  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

TheTeaCat

Some stunning pics!!!  &apls

The region view is fantastic! looks good with all the flora! :thumbsup:

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Girafe

Good job Arthur,  :thumbsup:

I like this railway in the middle of the city
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

manga rivotra

There is in this update a little bit of everything with a city full of life, Danchis beautifully reproduced and even a evocation of the countryside on the last picture; not to mention one of the most beautiful and realistic overview I've seen to date.  &apls &apls &apls
It is simply excellent and I am looking forward to what will follow !  :)

Kergelen

Nice pictures and region view.  &apls

I like the train station and the plaza and buildings around it, and the penultimate picture.

Links to SC4 websites

belfastsocrates

Very nice indeed. I love the impression the lush green trees give to the city, very attractive work.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Gugu3

seraf

The road in previous update looks so much better! :) Great work. The current region view looks very impressive, the city also looks nice :)

art128

Thanks for the comments. :)

It's time to continue our little story. I warn you, it will contain spoilers of Initial D.

Fujiwara Takumi is just a normal highschooler. Like all the students, he got his driving license not long ago during the his last year of high-school. He always looks bored and distant, with a look on his face as if he was always day dreaming. Despite all that, Takumi holds a secret he hasn't told anyone yet..

This is where he lives, with his father who runs a tofu shop, not far from the central station.

After school Takumi works part-time in the town's gas station with his classmate Itsuki. It's there they met Iketani and Kenji, two street racers who run the local friendly amateur team Akina Speed Stars.

Every morning, Takumi wakes up very early to help with his father's delivery. He has to drive the fresh tofu all the way up the mountain pass to deliver the hotels.

Nobody knows it, but it was his father's intention to train him to get better at driving..

Everyday for the past five years Takumi has helped his father, driving illegally by all weather.

He knows better than anyone every corner and straightway of this road. For the past five years he has become the legendary "Ghost of Akina" despite nobody knowing it was him..

For Takumi, helping his father is a hassle, he wants to finish the delivery the fastest way possible.. Which is why and the reason he got to the level of driving he is.

More to come soon..

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Great details and close-ups! That Koyaanisqatsi-like light effect from the car is really cool!

MAS71

Huummm, I'm impressed, just an impressed for beatiful and perfect cities you make,
and I can say that your development with japanese style is better than real japanese players, it's not kidding  ;D
Wondeful  &apls  &apls  &apls

Nanami

These are beautiful series of pictures! Nice work on creating such region view it seems you really having hard time on making it but it's really worth it! The rural scene with ricefield and houses giving an atmosphere of Japanese suburban :)

Kergelen

Nice pictures.

I like the power pylon in the middle of the houses.  &apls

Links to SC4 websites

kbieniu7

Hello!

Now, the windy road looks excellent and "naturally" (as the road can be natural ;) ) and it's very nice, that you made it the main point of your update and the main point of the story. Sounds interesting, looking to read more about Takumi, hope he drives safely! :D

And I agree with Kergelen. This power pylon looks monstrous over there!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

Thank you for your comments!

Let's continue our little story.

One day on the mountain pass Takumi was challenged by a neighbor's team driver... Takahashi Keisuke of the Akagi Red Suns who drives a yellow Mazda RX7 FD3S.

The cars as they stand on the starting line.

-Just to warn you, you stand no chance against my RX7. it has more than 250HP. No old car can compete with this, I'm undefeated on Akagi's downhill.

The first turn.

-Hmm, Obviously I took the lead, there is now way I can be beaten by such an old and under-powered car.

-Alright, I'll lose him after the first hairpin. Look closely Fujiwara, I'll dash out in a speed you've never seen before!

The first hairpin comes..

-What?! Impossible! There is no way he could keep up with me! I must have done a mistake!

The second hairpin.

-What's that sound?! What?! That's impossible, no car can take a hairpin at such speed! Idiot, you didn't brake enough, you're going to crash down the hill! You're out of your mind!

-He.. he cleared the corner with such ease.. Who's that guy..

-I've lost to him.. No way. There is no way my technique and my car's HP can lose to an old box. I cannot believe it.

-He has put so much distance between us now.. I don't understand, this is frustrating!

After the downhill finished, Takumi went straight home...

That's it for today, hope you liked it.   :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

Interesting story and creative use of the winding road  :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

kbieniu7

Cool adventure! Wait to see more! By the way - maybe the city government should invest in a race track? ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!