• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Quote from: RickD on October 09, 2012, 08:40:57 AM
I am sorry Arthur. I can't see the pictures and opening the image link does not work either.

Uploaded them at Imageshack again. You should be able to see them.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

That's another fantastic Mosaic. Train depots are definitely tough to recreate, and I'd like to see more of yours. Does it have a car-wash? I know, I'm a bit obsessed. :D

On the hosting issue, why not try photobucket?

Cheers
Willy

mikeski

Beautiful mosaic.  The train yard is very well done.

As for the hosting issue, try hostthenpost.org .  Free and easy to use.

ecoba

Another beautiful set of updates, Arthur! I really love what you are doing in your Hiroshima region, it all is so realistic. :)

Ethan

noahclem

Great mosaic Arthur  &apls  I'm very curious to see more of the RHW featured at the bottom and as usual the rest of your transport network is top notch.

As for the image hosting issues, have you looked into majhost? I switched to that a few months ago and am really happy with it. The biggest advantage: It doesn't shrink your pictures when you upload them so you can upload a mosaic as a single picture instead of a series of pictures.

Shark7

Ah yes, the latest update does seem to give us a...safer...view of the city.  $%Grinno$%

And that is one big train station.  Good use of the W2W and Diagonals too.  Looking good as always.  :thumbsup:

nas-t

Great update aigain  :thumbsup:

i like the shinkansen depot as well as the blocks Danchi composed city.

kbieniu7

Hi Arthur!
Long time I wasn't playing simcity and checking sc4d, so I missed many of your great updates.
Congratulations for OSITM!  &apls Recieving this award fourth time shows, that you are a great player, who are always able to interest audience in your MD!

I like the depot (like every transportation infrastructure) you've made. Simple, but how necessary for everyday commuting. Moreover what could be more beautiful than rows of new, shiny trains :)
The text written on the ground from the airport on the page 80 is a cool idea. Reminds me something similiar I saw as a 4-years-old child from some highway in US ;) I think I'll use this method to create some commercial in my region! ;)

Keep building!
Kamil
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

Hello! Thank you for the comments guys! &apls &apls

Long time no see, Kamil! Actually this is my fifth time, the fourth was last November. ;) :P  I'm glad you liked the depot my friend. To tell the truth there are no trains in-game. They are photoshoped. Though I will MAYBE create some set of props for Shinkansens and other nice Japanese trains (Skyliner, NEX, Hokuto Express being in my favorites) I'm eager to see your try at MMP lettering. I am sure you will do great! ( you can even draw things with it, it's nice. :) )

Safer you say, eh? :D Well yeah I do agree with you once again, Shark7!

The RHW will definitely be featured in an update this month, Noah. Don't know when though. Probably when I'll attack the city centre? Who knows. But I really want to build some nice w2w.. Hnngg I still need to make that huge central station before..... hnnnng

Well I haven't thought about that, Willy.. Hmm I'll try to set up something like that. But I don't know if we have any props for such an infrastructure. Maybe if I use nbvc's oil terminal I can manage to make it? I'll try that later, It is on my list. There is nothing wrong with being obsessed in the details, to be honest your idea is great and actually it'll make much more sense to have it in place. :)

Thanks everyone for the input about the image hosting. I'll try both Majhost and Photobucket later.

Okay now place for the update!

Today we are going to see the area of Fuchū-chō. [ 府中町 ] It is located est of Central Hiroshima. Both commuter and Shinkansen line pass through this area. In this area is located the factory and headquarter of Mazda. ( not featured in the update, maybe in the next one )
Sorry, but the weather was not sunny today. In fact it rained a lot.

Luckily, the weather came back to sunny in the end afternoon.

Question time!

I'm curious to know: How do you usually watch mosaics? Do you go through slowly, or come back to catch something, or something else?

Hope you like this update guys!
Have a good evening/day!

-Arthur

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Now there's a drab weather! I really like your transition into the water. The dikes are square but you don't notice it; well done!

Quote from: art128 on October 11, 2012, 01:11:21 PMWell I haven't thought about that, Willy.. Hmm I'll try to set up something like that. But I don't know if we have any props for such an infrastructure. Maybe if I use nbvc's oil terminal I can manage to make it? I'll try that later, It is on my list. There is nothing wrong with being obsessed in the details, to be honest your idea is great and actually it'll make much more sense to have it in place. :)

Since you like cab view videos, I found one on that topic on youtube. It's really a simple structure, something like a shed without a roof.

Edit: On the mosaics, I usually scroll up and down a couple of times.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Fantastic rainy day mosaic  &apls &apls   To answer your question I looked at your mosaic first bottom to top, then top to bottom, bottom to top again and then two more times  ;D

Shark7

When it comes to mosaics, I will tend to scroll down once slowly, then scroll back up or down 2 to 3 times to find all the little things I miss on the first scroll through.  For me, there is just too much there to be able to absorb it all in one pass.

Your coastlines rock, btw.  I think that is my favorite thing from your latest photos.  :)

gn_leugim

honestly, I will stop watching your Diary, as your awesomely made mosaics are life threatening to my mouse wheel XD

joking, keep them coming :D

and how do I see them? I slowly scroll down and what out any detail. only come back if something is mentioned that I didnt notice before :)

RickD

Great picture again Arthur. I watch the mosaics exactly like gn_leugin.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

benedict

Congratulations, you're back at number one on BTT this week.

That was a really atmospheric update - in particular I liked the playground (?) surrounded by the cherry trees blossoming. Wonderful details all through the images - easy to get lost looking at all the small things you have done in this composition.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

art128

Hello! Thanks for the comments guys!

Hey Willy, I found this video[link] as well. There are actually people inside the train while it is washed! I guess it was a sort of event, when they open the yards for people, it is often made.

Thanks Ben. It's an honor for me to be on the top position. Also yes it is a playground!

Okay, I promised we will go urban. Well here we are! Today update is axed around Hiroshima central station. [広島駅] The station which is under construction, still the old building is used for the moment.

This update was a pain to do. Getting the right building to grow was hard as hell..

I hope you liked the update!

-Arthur. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Great cityscape, there. I love the contruction areas along the rails. Reminds me a lot of the constant construction going on around the stations here in Belgium. Fun to follow the progress, though.

Quote from: art128 on October 13, 2012, 09:56:38 AM
Hey Willy, I found this video[link] as well. There are actually people inside the train while it is washed! I guess it was a sort of event, when they open the yards for people, it is often made.

That makes sense, but I also guess that type of train doesn't have windows that can open? Because here, the conductor has to go through the cars prior to entering the car wash to make sure they're all closed.

Cheers
Willy

kbieniu7

I see the construction site contain tram rails too. It will be going on the ground or maybe into the tunnel? :P
For me it reminds redevelopment of the main rail station and its surroundings in Cracow 6 years ago. Two short tram lines have been built - one by the existing street and one in the tunnel, under the tracks and platforms. When the first one gained its first two stops, they opened it and bought few bidirectional trams to run on this short route. ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Ol.S / Benoit

Amazing pictures !
I can believe how hard it was to make this urban scene, I'm now working on some growing action, but I'm a big fan of the result :)

The night shot should compete !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy