• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

base texture problem

Started by jayguum, January 23, 2012, 05:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayguum

please help me to solve this base texture problem

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

all plopable grey colored base turn to sandstone texture, as the effect of paeng sandstone base texture mod,

is there someone that can solve my problem?  of course beside  delete the sandstone texture, i really love it

Visit my City Journal

jafmo

Can't wait to see if there is a solution for this because i have the same problem...

gn_leugim

it looks like a Texture ID conflict. I fairly cant see a solution besides reloting the lots with other texture (if you really want to keep the sandstone texture mod).

But I think the better thing to do is to call attention of the authors of these mods/airport lots so they can came up with a solution.

art128

Perhaps, it could be a problem due to the sidewalk mod you are using, that change/replace some other base textures to the one included in the mod itself.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Lowkee33

Quote from: gn_leugim on January 23, 2012, 08:37:13 AM
it looks like a Texture ID conflict. I fairly cant see a solution besides reloting the lots with other texture (if you really want to keep the sandstone texture mod).

But I think the better thing to do is to call attention of the authors of these mods/airport lots so they can came up with a solution.

Most releases from SimPeg don't consider that there is a texture index, and that people/groups have ranges of instances.

gn_leugim

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 23, 2012, 08:56:40 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on January 23, 2012, 08:37:13 AM

Most releases from SimPeg don't consider that there is a texture index, and that people/groups have ranges of instances.

Well, so instead of telling the airport creators, we should tell Simpeg team I guess.
although what we see here is a sidewalk texture mod. you cant go around with it, you have some set IDs and you have to use it. I am not assuming the airport lots are simpeg's work, so, in this particular case, we have a shared ID from a base texture and the sidewalks. Maybe it was made to be so, to have sidewalks and lots have a seamless transition, but in this case, it did not go well.

joelyboy911

The airport lots (some of them) use a maxis game original base texture. I'm sorry Lowkee33, your comment is a bit out of line and unneccesarily inflammatory there. This is not caused by a conflict, and is not caused by anyone ignoring the texture index. There was no need to drag old issues into it.

Paeng probably intended to change the base texture on some lots, and either didn't realise, or decided to disregard the effect on the airport lots. There is probably a desirable effect somewhere else caused by modding this maxis texture.

What you can do, anyone who's affected by this problem, is try installing the file I'm attaching, in a last-loading folder so that it loads after the sandstone mod, and see what the effect is. The texture is 0x25901000.

I'm not sure what will happen to your sidewalks - but I think most (if not all) of them will be unaffected.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian