• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

There are many issues that I can say about this airport's layout. ()sad()

- For starters, the airport terminal is too small and very narrow. Replace the parking lots and fill them up with terminal pieces.
- Second, airports don't have air turbines in the vicinity of flying aircraft.
- Third, runways are too short and also too narrow. The narrowness can not be resolved yet since RMIP 3.0 has been released but at least upgrade the runway's length for now.
- Four, the fuel tanks are too close to the runway should an accident occur.
- Five, the air balloon is in a bad place.
- Six, it is not recommended to use game S3D models (e.g. Japan Airlines planes and the regional planes), especially the 767 model and replacements as they can move around 360 without regard for props below.
- Seven, there's a lack of detail in multiple places... like security fencing and airport vehicles around the 767 replacements. Taxiway markings and gate markings are also absent.

The best way to know whether you are doing things properly is to take a look at what exists in real life like in Google Maps.

- Allan Kuan

kevinaj

I'm re-modeling it. Also the baloon was in the air. Sorry for the flaws  :'(
I love airplanes.

KoV Liberty

Its okay. We all learn though time. My airport used to look just like yours. I'm sure you will improve better with time! :thumbsup:

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

kevinaj

Here is another airport. I didn't bother putting the gate markings, because i wanted to make this as quick as possible, even though it took 3 hours to make it due to crashes and delays (by crashes I mean game crashes). It is called Crosstown Int'l Airport. It may not the best still, but I'm only 11 years old.

I love airplanes.

blade2k5

Well kevinaj, I can tell ya it's a heck of a lot better than what I can do and I'm just a few decades older than you :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

tag_one

Looks great to me :thumbsup:
Don't worry if it looks real or not. The only thing that counts is that you have fun playing the game :)

kevinaj

This is Americatown/Mesa Hills Int'l Airport. It is located on a mesa. I thnik its cool.

I love airplanes.

tag_one

Looks very nice :thumbsup:
But could you please consider uploading jpg instead of png. Png images take a very long time to load. You can easily convert them in MS Paint or another image editor ;)

kevinaj

These are all the terminals. I tried my best without having to take a long time to make this airport, so don't bother me about gate markings, taxiways in aprons blah blah blah  ()sad().

This is Terminal 1 of Mesa Hills Int'l Airport.

Here's Terminal 2

And this is Regional Terminal 3, just recently added!

The 3 runways.

And last but not least, the entire airport!

I love airplanes.

dragonshardz

Not bad, keep experimenting.

Your terminals could look a bit more polished, but as long as you're happy with it, I don't think it matters, neh?

KoV Liberty

Looks cool! :thumbsup: I like the fact its on a mesa!

Adrian, I miss you man.

kevinaj

Wow. No one except me has posted an airport in this page  ()what(). Anyway, Americatown has a new airport. It's called Americatown Mainland Airport. Here's some random pics.

I love airplanes.

tag_one

kevinaj

This is Oceanic Bay Abraham Lincoln Int'l Airport.

Notice the A380 in the pic  :P!
I love airplanes.

kevinaj

This is Oceanic Bay Abraham Lincoln Int'l Airport, being re-built.

Tell me what you think  ;D
I love airplanes.

[Delta ²k5]

Looks good, I like this round terminal design :) but I see, that you are sometimes using the wrong pieces. Well, I think that you'll figure out what's "wrong" and what's "right" by yourself :)

something new by me:

It will be the largest Airport I've ever build, when finished :thumbsup:
(Still waiting for RMIP3 large runways)

tag_one

woodb3kmaster

Looks great, delta 2k5! One thing I'd recommend doing, though, is increasing the distance between the 747 gates and the ramp centerlines between them; as it stands now, I think a 747 passing through would hit one of the parked planes.

Might I ask what that terminal piece in the top-left corner is from? It's the one with the pink roof, not the ACB-VLT terminal pieces around it. Thanks!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

KoV Liberty

Here they are... http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/ Go to BAT then hit "Airport related."

Adrian, I miss you man.