• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Looks really cool  :thumbsup:

What about the catenaries  ()lurker()
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Simmer2

Stephen does it again and again.... &apls

@Girafe
Quote from: Girafe on June 28, 2016, 06:04:12 AM

.....hahahahahaha!!
________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Thanks for all the comments people  :)

Now to answer a ominous question...
Quote from: Girafe on June 28, 2016, 06:04:12 AM

What delved me into making the FlexTrack and hence Rail Modding was the fact that the catearies where having to fit puzzle pieces that where aligned in all sorts of different angles. I had to reduce the complexity a couple of times to make things work but when I really got onto the FlexTrack side of things the amount of content that I could make soon over passed my ability to do both. A decision was than made to continue with FlexTrack that had a more wider appeal than the catenaries in my view. Being only one person behind these missions with my RL situation such as work and frequent travel soon turned me to focus on specific projects only.

FlexTrack slides in nicely with the work Willy (SwordMaster) has already done and has a wider appeal. Catenaries where thwart with danger as the logistics and localization of the poles would be overbearing. So to represent the wider community I decided to make FlexTrack my top priority.

So where from here. I have the standards and a Gmax Script (Alas Basic) that can generate any angled wire with Cartesian coordinates even if they are measured off skew for a 16mx16m tile. To map out a set of wires all you need is a vector program with the ability to measure relative distances between the start and end (X1,Y1 X2,Y2) and run the script. That is if any one wants to take on this task.

But what complicates things are the fact that a SAM setup will be entailed since people will want the best of both worlds. This gets messy from a coding point of view. and duplicate IIDs would be necessitated. Something I don't envisage happening.

So where too from here. Well there is one project I am especially saving the wires for and this project will be big in its scope and size. I will continue on it until I unveil it in the not too distant future or once it reaches maturity. Fun times ahead.

Hope that answers the query  ;)

-eggman121

APSMS

If there is a way for your catenaries to use already produced catenary poles (I remember Uki's was in your considerations?) then no SAM setup is necessary; just utilize the T21 switching method where T21s don't update until the RULs near the network are refreshed.

Especially since a SAM setup for RRW will never happen. If it bothers you that much, release it separate from the NAM to release you of the obligation for total integration (like Alex's Arthur Berkhardt expressway project). Then you can leave it as is and only feel obligated to do the most basic of functionality updates, if things like additional FLEXtrack is added in the future. It wouldn't be the end of the world then, and, again, no obligation on your part to acquiesce to every demand of the passing downloader.

Regardless, I understand the time constraints for you projects; Flex track is definitely more useful. I just wanted to let you know to not give up hope on the other project (catenaries) (when your non-existent extra spare time surfaces) just because people are unreasonable.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

manga rivotra

These developments are a phenomenal realism and accuracy!  :thumbsup:
I'm eager to see more!  :)

Seaman

I love the flextrack and RRW. Ever scince I saw the D1 splitter piece, I wanted to create something like this: https://www.google.de/maps/@52.5949571,11.9393997,1759m/data=!3m1!1e3.

Is there a way to do that with RRW? I am trying it right now, scratching my had how to account for the directional single tracks.
Once there was the tiny prefab triangle rail interchange. I'm basically trying to do something like that with RRW. Any ideas?

@eggman121: are there ideas for directional single track switches to go along with the existing D1 splitter?

eggman121

Quote from: Seaman on July 24, 2016, 12:33:49 PM
I love the flextrack and RRW. Ever since I saw the D1 splitter piece, I wanted to create something like this:

Is there a way to do that with RRW? I am trying it right now, scratching my had how to account for the directional single tracks.
Once there was the tiny prefab triangle rail interchange. I'm basically trying to do something like that with RRW. Any ideas?

@eggman121: are there ideas for directional single track switches to go along with the existing D1 splitter?

Well there won't be any prefab setups for that piece but with the flextrack I should be able to account for that functionality ;) I have half a free day today and it should not be too hard too make that work. I will experiment today.

-eggman121

eggman121

Double posting here  ::)

@Seaman

I have taken a look and it is possible with the NAM under development if you have the RRW passing under since there is no STR support at this stage for the Elevated RRW.

Overview

Closeup

But I guess you want that functionality now. Well it is present in the current NAM (NAM 34) If you are willing to sacrifice the STR crossing with DTR when it passes over/under the mainline.

Crossing

Turnouts

Overview

So yeah, the turnout you desire is possible with the current NAM. Completely escaped me that NAM 34 was capable if you are able to work in the current bounds  ;D

I have used a Diagonal x Diagonal crossing due to the fact that Orthogonal x Diagonal crossings cause path jumping.

-eggman121

Gugu3

That is great eggman!never really explored that kind of setup that much...giving me some inspiration!Would be even better when ESTR will be available...or L1 ERHW maybe :P :P :P

Seaman

thank you so much!! you have two wonderful ideas here. The DT ST switch to get the crossing track and most of all the setup on the right side to ensure directional seperation in the switches are brilliant! I wasn't sure, which crossing caused the path jump, so thx for that info, too.

I do not dare to ask, but is/will there be a switch setup to simplify the switch setup on the right side (the directional switch or turnout)? I think there should be an old puzzle piece from the early ST-Project that adds a single track only to one side of the DT (contrary to the new dragable switch, which adds automatically an DT internal switch further down), but I am not sure... I should check that.

thx eggman121!!

Seaman

double posting, too. sorry  ::)

so i checked the puzzle pieces I found in the RAM phase 1 section. It sounds pretty depricated, especially since most of the puzzle pieces in there are draggable now. But anyway, this is what i got:

the paths seem to be legit... a nice seperation of directions.

sorry for not adding beautifications and a proper bridge like you, eggman  ;).

I will try to build this setup in my region and look how things are going with actual traffic. Sorry for the mess: the NAM team is so into DRI (and the rail equivalent) and puzzle-piece-busting and there's always a lone single functionality which can't be covered by DRIs (yet), preventing them to be fully adopted...

eggman121

Not much development from me at this stage.

I am working on a quite secret project at the moment  ?$%kar&%h and will share the results in due course.

Anyway a little slice of Japan  ;)

Many thanks to Uki sim who kindly lent me his work on the catenary poles for this project!

-eggman121

gn_leugim

can I be the negative/critic guy arroun? :p

But.. the boogies are larger than the rails!  :o   :laugh:

Mero90

Any chance to get Uki's caternaries included in the RRW in the future? (as part of NAM installation)

I used them a lot before installing the RRW, even if they are a too high for 7,5m road overpasses, but never minded.

art128

Great to see some development on this side, Eggman! Uki's catenaries models are really beautiful, would have been a shame not to use them for RRW. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

markussaage

Hi, I am stunned with all the possibilities we already have with the RRW. Especially in those pics with the bridge made by eggman121 earlier this thread (I've tried to Quote, but that ain't work).
So how do I do the D1 Curve Pattern, that ends in two STR lines?! I've tried to do that like shown in the NAM34 manual, page 11, but I couldn't figure out how to drag the rails.

Thanks y'all and kind regards!

Seaman

be sure the stubs are long enough, otherwise the override is not working correctly.  :)

eggman121

Thanks seaman for helping out  :thumbsup: . I have had crazy RL at the moment.

I have condensed the pattern for that piece in the code rewrite so you won't have to drag out as far for the overrides to work. In NAM 35 when it eventuates.

-eggman121

belfastsocrates

Uki's caternaries and concrete sleepers! Perfect!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde