• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

gn_leugim

Miles Edgeworth #SprayPolice

Loved this until...

Ok so the switch rails feature got disabled, there is no button or anything to press. Can you fix this?

noahclem

Outstanding work with the FARR  &apls &apls  Slope tolerance is a huge benefit too; I'm really glad you were able to get that to work!

mgb204

If you mean the switches used during UDI, perhaps they will be added later, but they are far from a priority. Because of the way rail pathing works, it's actually very time-consuming to add something seemingly so simple. Up to this point in time the RRW has been created without them, because getting the base functionality was prioritised. However this does also create the cycle, where the more new content without them, makes the job of getting them in place that much longer and more daunting.

Whilst I realise some users will miss this functionality, most people are more interested in having better rail functionality and probably don't use UDI all that often. Given the extremely limited resources we have right now, this isn't likely to become a priority any time soon.

eggman121

Speaking of new functionality  ;D

Struggled to fit the whole curve on the screen. Yes it is what you think it is  ::)

Lets get a close up with a train on the pass.

Region view with the curve under the cloud. Yep that put into perspective of what is possible with new components with the upcoming NAM edition.

-eggman121

Gugu3

dyoungyn

Love it.  Looks so much better than the current look as FARR rail looks funny in the region view and now it looks as if you may have fixed this with draggable rail.  Great job and NAM 35 is going to the mother load of all NAM updates.  Thank you so much deeply coming from my heart.

As a side note and realizing this is the not the applicable topic, but I have thus far noticed that with draggable networks do look a lot better in the region view than what plopable  versions of the like do.

matias93

Grid, what grid? What IS a grid?

This is the most impressive demonstration that a group of genial people can create a full fork of a game, even without access to the source code. You people are mod heroes!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

art128

Quote from: matias93 on October 17, 2016, 06:40:48 AMGrid, what grid? What IS a grid?

I think it's an obscure term people used back in the days... But I'm not sure.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Mikey Knox

What happened to these cool Cateneries Eggman?

Quote from: eggman121 on February 12, 2014, 09:13:22 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback :thumbsup: It really inspires me to continue my work.

Anyway here is what I have been working on lately.

Let the Fun Begin!!!  $%Grinno$%

Ironically it is the FAR3 content which is easiest to apply wires to. Anything with significant curvature across multiple tiles is gonna be a real pain to place wires on correctly. Lucky all my calculations are working out. 

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Absolutely love those more looking realistic Cateneries with actual wires from pole to pole.  WOW, this game is really taking an old XP simple graphic designed game to a whole new realm that is keeping with today's technology. 

APSMS

Quote from: Mikey Knox on November 03, 2016, 06:00:38 AM
What happened to these cool Cateneries Eggman?
On the back burner until FLEX Track and draggable Viaduct Rail is completed. You notice he was working on them a little bit, but it's a spare time project. Not abandoned, but it is postponed since he's basically been the only RRW dev for about a year and a half now, since Willy's second disappearance.
I'm pretty sure he wants to finish it, but when is another matter.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

eggman121

Quote from: APSMS on November 03, 2016, 12:23:24 PM
On the back burner until FLEX Track and draggable Viaduct Rail is completed. You notice he was working on them a little bit, but it's a spare time project. Not abandoned, but it is postponed since he's basically been the only RRW dev for about a year and a half now, since Willy's second disappearance.
I'm pretty sure he wants to finish it, but when is another matter.

Thanks of clearing this up APSMS

Yes I do want to finish it but I guess it is function ahead of aesthetics. Being the main rail person in terms of adding extra NAM functionality and working in my part time job (The NAM does not pay my bills) means that I have too choose wisely on the projects I work on. I wish I could do more work on the overhead wire front but that would mean the sacrifice of new content not to mention the myriad of variants that users would request.

So, I do plan to include them, but they may appear on an in developmental project before the RRW.

NAM 35 will hail better and more flexible railways and that is my focus for the moments.

-eggman121

metarvo

Just a little cosmetic issue:

I wonder what's up with the orange arrows that appear on the central tiles of FARR-1.5 segments?  I assume they were left over from debugging, but they only show up if zones and the like are touching said tiles.

No matter, though; the new RRW is sweet beyond compare, as is NAM 35 in general.  Great job, Stephen and company!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

eggman121

Yeah I probably should have IIDed them better.

That issue will be fixed in the Next NAM edition.

I think I have reached 1000 posts  ;D

I have a secret weapon coming so stay tuned!

-eggman121

eggman121

Secret weapon Revealed  ?$%kar&%h

All of it is based on an Alpha set run through GoFSH!

Major players in this project are MGB204 and Rivit They have played an immensely important role in making this a reality.

All that is needed to make new sets are a Ballast and Sleeper texture and the rest is automated!

I hope to give a few options for the RRW in the upcoming edition ;)

-eggman121

matias93

This is... is... there are no words, just feelings of admiration  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

metarvo

Although the current default RRW is closer to the rail textures in my area, I realize that many players are looking for grey rails.  This is a stunning addition.  You're doing a fine job!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.