• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Roundabout!

Started by 911Diva, May 31, 2017, 06:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

911Diva

Good Morning!  At least here in the Upper Peninsula of MI is it! 

I have been searching for the Roundabout base file for 2 weeks and am unable to find it!  :'( :'(  I have found all the fillers, but not the base!  &hlp

Can any of my fellow players give me a hint???

Cindy

matias93

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

911Diva

NAM #35 yes!!!  I did have the game give me some issues about 3 weeks ago.  Everything I had downloaded from the last 2 years disappeared.  Odd I know but they don't call me the angel of techy death for nothing!!!
:bnn: :popcorn:

matias93

Quote from: 911Diva on May 31, 2017, 10:27:37 AM
NAM #35 yes!!!  I did have the game give me some issues about 3 weeks ago.  Everything I had downloaded from the last 2 years disappeared.  Odd I know but they don't call me the angel of techy death for nothing!!!
:bnn: :popcorn:

Glad it was useful!

And for the vanished files problem, the best option is to keep a backup of your plugins folder and a relatively ordered folder for your downloaded plugins, to be able to repair damaged installations or make futher adjustements. For that, I use this neat management software

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

911Diva

Thanks Matias93!!  After installing the NAM 35 again yesterday it still will not show me a roundabout!  The new software looks like a fantastic idea.  I was unaware of it's existence!  Thanks for the information.

Cindy

mgb204

There are a number of roundabouts in the NAM, for the various networks. So you can make them using the street or road tool, just chain 4 90-degree bends together and it will transform into a 2x2 roundabout. Using the One Way Road tool, make a circle 3x3 tiles in size, making sure to leave the middle empty, once more you get a roundabout. Lastly using the menu entry "Ave Intersections", you can tab through a number of potential roundabout solutions. Most are based on the Avenue network, GLR (Tram) interoperability and lastly some Turbo Roundabouts, which can be used with some NWM networks.

Check out my NAM Tutorials series on YouTube for a more in-depth guide to these (It's Part 2 you'll want).

911Diva

Thank you so much!!  Will try this again mgb204.  And matias93 when I run your suggested software, I get this message

911Diva

mgb204 - I uninstalled the NAM35, deleted it from my computer, downloaded it again, and it installed perfectly!!  Great youtube videos by the way!!!

Thanks!! &apls &apls

mgb204

Just FYI, the NAM installer is special, unlike other mods you don't need to uninstall/reinstall it. If you need to change the installation settings, just run the installer once more, it will remember all your previous settings. So for example you could remove something you didn't want or add something you did (probably you missed installing the roundabouts). Check out the "Custom Install" option, which gives you access to all the various options.