• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

And a colour monitor ?¿  :D  :D

Sorry, ok, maybe you need to adjust your monitor colour settings....perhaps...
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

M4346

I don't have much time, so I'm going to include a rather large and virtually unedited screenshot to this post. Sorry.

Doc, in Firefox do the following (see image below). I am going out on a long shot here, but it might just be it.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

-M-

PS. Sorry, the image is a full 1024 x 768 screenshot. Not much time. Studying. :P

Link to image: http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s46/Elytheria/Font.png

If the size is problematic, can someone with the relevant permissions remove the image and just leave the link. Thanks.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Doc

Thanx, [b[M[/b]. I tried it, but it's still not changing. I dunno, I guess it's something I'm gonna have to live with. I suppose as long as everyone else can see it, it doesn't really matter. This is really bizarre and it's frustrating me to the max because I can't figure out what should be something very simple...well, really, something that shouldn't be happening at all!

I really appreciate all the help. Thanks again!
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

pica

Hey all, I don't know if this is the right place to report this bug or if it reported somewhere else but I get an error message when I try to import the rss feed in my reader.

After feed validation the following message is diplayed:

Sorry

This feed does not validate.

*      line 2, column 0: Undefined root element: xml-feed [help]

<smf:xml-feed xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/" xmlns="http://www.s ...

In addition, this feed has an issue that may cause problems for some users. We recommend fixing this issue.

*      "text/xml" media type is not specific enough [help]

Source: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?action=.xml

1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
   2. <smf:xml-feed xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/" xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/recent" xml:lang="en-US">
   3. <recent-post>
   4. <time>Today at 04:22:46 AM</time>
   5. <id>17806</id>
   6. <subject><![CDATA[Re: Television News (Or Lack Thereof...)]]></subject>
   7. <body>

Can you help me with this? I'm using RssReader 1.0.88.0

Thnx

The former Mrs BourneID

I know I asked already,   but......   is there any way to recover my old screenname and ditch this *itch ...  (  ::)  )  err, I mean move on from this  umm unconfortable situation.

It has had detrimental effects,  crying at commurcials, inabillity to pass a baby and not turn to mush, crying without apparent cause, taking exstremly long times to get ready to go anywhere.... asking does this make my butt look big..... crying to cry....  you get the point.

dedgren

John (the Bournes)-

You have served your time.  Your civil rights, along with the old nic, are restored with this full pardon.

Further, you are commended for making it through your trip through the trans-gender world with your good humor intact.  Lucy, Nancy, Emmajean and a whole host of others hope everything else remains intact as well.

Thanks for being a good sport, and a valued, no- treasured member of this community.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

wouanagaine

I have a request from the french subforum

Someone using IE7 is experiencing some problems with images hosted on sc4devotion and sc4devotion only
ie he can't see smileys, or LEX pictures, but he can see all pictures in MD or other threads which are hosted off site

Any clues ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jeronij

The pictures hosted in the site can not be hotlinked. It makes me guess if this person is visiting this site using frames windows inside another url ?¿
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

shoreman905

This is no big thing, however, when I posted my CAM report, I noticed my avatar and sig were missing, and that this was my first post  ()what() I went in and sure enough it was all missing (including my hard earned aura point(just kidding here). I redid the information, and I am not one who really cares about number of posts, but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone before. Heck, for a minute I thought you threw me out.  ::)

shoreman905

What do you know !!!!!! There it is back again. Sorry 'bout that.  &ops

elfangor801

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my lot exchange account was never activated.  The email may have found it's way into my spam filter (Yahoo loves doing this) but I can't get it either way.  The username is the same as the one I'm using now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

jeronij

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

elfangor801

Shadow Assassin

There's something funny about the time stamps on the forum. I used Auto-adjust in the forum software (my profile settings, rather), which gave me a value of -15, and that's quite a few hours off. How does this work regarding time-stamps in the forum?

It seems there's no easy way to select what time zone you belong in, unless I'm missing something. In fact, the time stamp on this message is 8 hours off from my normal time.
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

jeronij

Forum profile --> Modify Profile --> Look and Layout Preferences
There you should be able to add plus or minus hours to the site's time.
Look the time where you are
Look the time that the forums says it is
Calculate the difference
Place the difference into the "Time Offset" Box

This should make the trick  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Shadow Assassin

Yay, it's fixed. It seems that the negative time was a little bug when dealing with timezones more than 12 hours ahead of the site time.
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

jeronij

Quote from: Kevin Ar18 on June 14, 2007, 10:09:42 AM
I cannot see images: Firefox 3
The following url gives:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/images/800_lex_CAL_Splash_01.jpg
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /csxlex/images/800_lex_CAL_Splash_01.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at sc4devotion.com Port 80

This request should go to the LEX boards please.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

The LEX page is fine...are you using any filters?  And there is no such browser as Firefox 3.  Can you check with Internet Explorer.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

jeronij

Hotlinking protection is activated for images. But this can not be a problem when you are navigating the site.... ()what()

Can you try with another browser and tell us something pls?

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

Using a very beta browser and you are blaming us for the problem?  The site is fine, the images are all intact, it is your browser that is the problem. 

Let us know if you cannot access with IE or FF2.  Also, it could be your connection is disallowing images for security reasons...Are you on an educational network?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it