• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Quote from: catty on July 25, 2011, 11:49:35 AM

When I was looking at the "Tinyportal" in your "Profile" under "Articles ... Settings" I got this error message

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/jeronij/public_html/forums/Sources/TPmodules.php on line 1120

Fixed ¡¡ ;)

Also, the linktree has been tweaked to be more space saver and to integrate better in the forums theme, and the Teams have been added to the left column menu :)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Quote from: CaptCity on July 28, 2011, 09:10:50 PM
Looked through the thread, but I didn't see mention of this (or maybe I just missed it)... The "NAM", "EA Support", and "Boxes?" buttons under the "SC4D Suggests" sign on the left side of forum pages are linking to empty pages.

Thanks and sorry if this was asked/explained elsewhere.

Edit: Let me amend the above... When I am logged on, the above is true. When I am not logged on, I can see the NAM and Boxes pages, but still not EA Support. This is true for Firefox, IE, and Chrome. Is this one of those settings things?

Hopefully this issue has been solved ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

danny11111

I have an issue here, I seem to get logged out automaticly even though I have the stay logged in thing checked. this is also happening with the LEX, only however, I have it bookmarked after loggging in. Could you please fix this

dahemac

I cannot look at any member information anymore. If I click on another member's link I get an error.
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section

CaptCity

Quote from: jeronij on August 01, 2011, 02:00:39 PM
Quote from: CaptCity on July 28, 2011, 09:10:50 PM
Looked through the thread, but I didn't see mention of this (or maybe I just missed it)... The "NAM", "EA Support", and "Boxes?" buttons under the "SC4D Suggests" sign on the left side of forum pages are linking to empty pages.

Thanks and sorry if this was asked/explained elsewhere.

Edit: Let me amend the above... When I am logged on, the above is true. When I am not logged on, I can see the NAM and Boxes pages, but still not EA Support. This is true for Firefox, IE, and Chrome. Is this one of those settings things?

Hopefully this issue has been solved ;)

Just noticed this post... Yes, all links are working as expected. Many thanks for taking care of this.   :thumbsup:

Ramona Brie

Quote from: dahemac on August 05, 2011, 08:44:40 AM
I cannot look at any member information anymore. If I click on another member's link I get an error.
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section

Sure wouldn't be right to restrict that, though I bet that's what happened...

RickD

I found a small problem that was introduced with the recent upgrades.

Clicking on "Mayor Diarys" will take me back to the top of the forums instead of jumping down to the Mayor Diary section. Same for all other sections.
Certainly not a big issue, but a a bit inconvenient.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

jeronij

Quote from: RickD on August 08, 2011, 02:22:55 AM
I found a small problem that was introduced with the recent upgrades.

Clicking on "Mayor Diarys" will take me back to the top of the forums instead of jumping down to the Mayor Diary section. Same for all other sections.
Certainly not a big issue, but a a bit inconvenient.

This one has been reported and it is in the to-do list :)

Quote from: danny11111 on August 03, 2011, 05:43:28 PM
I have an issue here, I seem to get logged out automaticly even though I have the stay logged in thing checked. this is also happening with the LEX, only however, I have it bookmarked after loggging in. Could you please fix this

This seems to be a browser-related issue. Clean your cookies and make sure you allow this site to use them. This should make the trick ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jacksunny

The link to gameplay tutorials is still broken.

And also just a minor annoyance, some of the sub-menus on the sidebar only contain one item (Home, Support Us). Would it be possible to change it so you just have to click on the main item and get rid of the sub-menu?

catty

The donate and SUPPORT US buttons don't work, nothing happens if I click the donate boxes or the button on the left-hand side of the screen, and the SUPPORT US link takes you to a login screen (old site colours) which also doesn't work.

Was trying to pay for some subscriptions see here   http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10196.msg391600#msg391600

:(

EDIT: Use Firefox 4 at home, now at work using IE7 and it looks like the donate boxes (plus button) will work (can't do the donate cos I'm at work and not meant to be here), but the "SUPPORT US" link still goes to an old looking version of the SC4D site called "JJ-MENU-TES"
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Quote from: catty on August 15, 2011, 12:03:33 PM
...Use Firefox 4 at home, now at work using IE7 and it looks like the donate boxes (plus button) will work (can't do the donate cos I'm at work and not meant to be here), but the "SUPPORT US" link still goes to an old looking version of the SC4D site called "JJ-MENU-TES"

Back home and it still didn't work either in Firefox or IE and still ended up at "JJ-MENU-TES" site, after logging out of SC4D decided to have another go as a visitor and this time I was able to get to the donate page and donate   :thumbsup:  and hopefully the money has ended up in the right place.

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

jeronij

Quote from: catty on August 16, 2011, 04:40:14 AM
Quote from: catty on August 15, 2011, 12:03:33 PM
...Use Firefox 4 at home, now at work using IE7 and it looks like the donate boxes (plus button) will work (can't do the donate cos I'm at work and not meant to be here), but the "SUPPORT US" link still goes to an old looking version of the SC4D site called "JJ-MENU-TES"

Back home and it still didn't work either in Firefox or IE and still ended up at "JJ-MENU-TES" site, after logging out of SC4D decided to have another go as a visitor and this time I was able to get to the donate page and donate   :thumbsup:  and hopefully the money has ended up in the right place.

:)

Hello Catty, I have fixed the mentioned link, and it should work now ;) . And yes, you went to the right place and you gentle donation arrived ¡¡ ;D

Quote from: jacksunny on August 15, 2011, 06:21:21 AM
The link to gameplay tutorials is still broken.

Hello jacksunny, this has been fixed as well :)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Girafe

A small bug with one member

When sciurus posts somewhere in the homepage 2 posts are showing  :-\

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

ScottFTL

Over the past few days, I've noticed that sc4devotion.com is automatically redirecting to www.sc4devotion.com.  Since the cookies are associated with the non-www address, I have to manually delete the "www." from the address bar to restore my login.  I've tried deleting and recreating my bookmark, typing the address manually, and even used different browsers (Chrome and Firefox).  Nothing seems to change this behavior, so I'm thinking it may be an issue with the site.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Chrisim

Sometimes I try to read a SC4Devotion forum on my mobile phone that has 800x600 pixels resolution, but it is really hard. 30% of the screen width is lost with the black&white frame on the left, another 30% is lost with the frame indicating details of the posting person, and just 40% are left for the posting itself:
With text only, it is still possible to read it, although lines are quite short, but whenever there is an included image, its display is cut and only about 370 pixels of the left are visible. No way to scroll to the right and look at the remaining part of the image. Why is so much space on the left wasted? Why is it not possible to scroll to the right? Simforum.de is an example that works nicely on mobile phones. Any chance to get a better SC4Devotion forum display for mobile phone users?

z

Have you tried clicking on the first minus sign (with the tooltip "Left Panel") at the upper right of the page?  That should get rid of the frame on the left.

Chrisim

Thank you for this tip, Steve. The minus sign is quite small on a mobile phone and tooltips do apparently not exist ...

It does help a lot, although images are still cut and only ~600 pixels are visible. About 200 pixels on the right edge of images remain invisible, because it is not possible to scroll to the right.

Simcitler

When I'm in one of the the Mayor Diaries sections of the board and want to go to the overview of all MD categories, the link for it in the upper left leads me to the general board overview. Seem to be that the linking is incorrect.
I mean this one:

RastaBean

Lowkee33

In order to see the download link, you have to register and log in here.

This was an issue that kept me off the LEX for years :)