• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Quote from: Simcitler on July 18, 2011, 01:24:41 AM
Any chance to get the "page-number-links" (hope you know what i mean) on the top of each site and not only at the bottom?

I havent forget about that, requested some time ago, and about other requests, but I have been quite busy this weekend solving the problems with the LEX, they're fully working again¡¡, and with the forums attachments, several 1000s of them were lost.
Now that this is solved, I'll go for the rest of pending matters, including this one ;)

EDIT: Finally it was not that difficult to fix  ;) ¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Lowkee33

Things becoming available as you become more active are not new to this site.  I have seen my messages cap be lifted, as well as the ability to remove posts.  Don't know if someone actively did this, one day I couldn't, next day I could.

Something about the forum looks much better today.  There is now a log in box in the main forum page, something I like.  The default log in time is forever.  I am not sure if this was meant to be, as yesterday the default was 60 min.  Maybe a way to keep fake accounts off?  I don't know.

Simcitler

Quote from: jeronij on July 18, 2011, 01:36:33 AM
EDIT: Finally it was not that difficult to fix  ;) ¡¡

Thank you very much!

jacksunny

Yikes! You need to Update the Main Homepage!  ;D
Do re mi
I'm incomplete

Deionn

The thing is, the 'premium features' described are not that premium at all, but really basic features. You should maybe find a cheaper host or look for other solutions. Taking basic features away from the member base isn't the way to get subscribers, this is just a bit of an opinion.

-Deion

RickD

Where can I check if I already subscribed? I thought I subscribed several months ago but I did not get the subscriber logo. Maybe something went wrong?
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Rayden

Quote from: RickD on July 20, 2011, 08:08:39 AM
Where can I check if I already subscribed? I thought I subscribed several months ago but I did not get the subscriber logo. Maybe something went wrong?
Was that a subscription or a donation. Both things are different, I've made several donations along the years and for that I received the DVD and the CD, and I'm not a subscriber. I believe the subscription it's quite recent .;)

Lowkee33

Quote from: 111222333444 on July 18, 2011, 09:12:01 PM

The login and register buttons don't seem to do anything at SC4devotion.com.  I have tried this on 3 computers now, I have to go to the forum and then log in.

jeronij

Quote from: Lowkee33 on July 20, 2011, 10:50:04 AM
Quote from: 111222333444 on July 18, 2011, 09:12:01 PM

The login and register buttons don't seem to do anything at SC4devotion.com.  I have tried this on 3 computers now, I have to go to the forum and then log in.

Sorry for the lack of news guys ... I'm working on it ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

catty

Quote from: RickD on July 20, 2011, 08:08:39 AM

If you go to your Profile then Actions then Paid Subscriptions it will list all the available subscriptions and at the bottom will be Existing Subscriptions which will list all your subscriptions (both finished and active)

:)

QuoteI believe the subscription it's quite recent

Its started back in 2008
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

dedgren

Rick, I peeked.  You are indeed a Subscriptor.

Thanks for your support of SC4D!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Lowkee33

RickD

Quote from: catty on July 20, 2011, 11:53:09 AM
If you go to your Profile then Actions then Paid Subscriptions it will list all the available subscriptions and at the bottom will be Existing Subscriptions which will list all your subscriptions (both finished and active)
:)

Oh, I have to scroll to the bottom. Silly me.  $%Grinno$% Thanks.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Shadow Assassin

It seems for me, Quick Modify doesn't work anymore - I can't save the edits I make to my posts, unless I go through the normal Modify Post window.

Any idea...? I'm using Firefox 5.

[edit: Seems to be a one-off glitch. Never mind...]
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Simcitler

The topic overview in NAM How-Tos and Tutorials seems to be "buggy", if the left panel is activated. You can find the topics by scrolling down. If the panel is not activated everything is fine. (my settings: 1024x768)

with panel activated // without panel

jdenm8

That forum is broken overall. If you go into any of those threads, you'll find that the posts are all mangled together and it's hard to read the thread.

Also, how can we get rid of this crappy new sidebar and go back to the former style? The selector on the side is unintuitive, the main page is garbage to look at and the old logo was leagues better than this new one.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jeronij

Quote from: Simcitler on July 24, 2011, 04:22:45 AM
The topic overview in NAM How-Tos and Tutorials seems to be "buggy", if the left panel is activated. You can find the topics by scrolling down. If the panel is not activated everything is fine. (my settings: 1024x768)

with panel activated // without panel

Hello, you seem to be using the old SC4D 2008 Theme, which is not compatible with the new forums version. I have reset all the members themes to the current, which is the only one that can be used at the moment. Please, try again :)

Quote from: jdenm8 on July 24, 2011, 04:26:36 AM
That forum is broken overall. If you go into any of those threads, you'll find that the posts are all mangled together and it's hard to read the thread.

Also, how can we get rid of this crappy new sidebar and go back to the former style?

You cant.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Simcitler

Quote from: jeronij on July 24, 2011, 04:29:02 AM
Hello, you seem to be using the old SC4D 2008 Theme, which is not compatible with the new forums version. I have reset all the members themes to the current, which is the only one that can be used at the moment. Please, try again :)
I've tried several times now, deleted all my cookies, and reloaded the site with Ctrl+F5.
The theme is the new one, but whenever klicking on the Nam How-Tos and Tutorial subforum it changes back to the 2008 theme. This happens only in this subforum.  ()what()

Shadow Assassin

The glitch I raised earlier on this page hit again - I wonder why, never used to happen with the old forum software. Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, sc4devotion.com/forums/index goes to the home page, whatever it is (it also removes the actual forum link below the top navigation bar). Can this be fixed so that the aforementioned link goes to the forum index like it's supposed to, instead of going sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php&action=forum?

It's only logical...

Another thing:

Sorry, but the sidebar just doesn't work very well - would much prefer that there only be a single navigation bar (in fact, it seems kind of redundant considering that the sidebar a. doesn't stay in a fixed position so it goes with you as you scroll down, b. you have to scroll up anyway to access it)

Quote from: jeronij on July 24, 2011, 04:29:02 AM
Quote from: jdenm8 on July 24, 2011, 04:26:36 AM

Also, how can we get rid of this crappy new sidebar and go back to the former style?

You cant.

You should clarify your response: there is in fact an option to minimise the left sidebar so it no longer can be seen. I've done that myself so I get back some valuable screen space.

It's up the top, above the Users Online panel (2 - symbols, one on the left minimises the left sidebar, one on the right minimises Users Online)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!