• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

Well, when I try to post something, I often get an "your session has ended-please try again" error. is there a way to fix/reduce the frequency with which this happens?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

RippleJet

Xander, Have you selected to stay online forever?

Gotlaub

later edit...Thank you RippleJet

RippleJet

This thread is for site (SC4Devotion) related issues. :)
For help regarding your PC and operating system, you might want to visit:
PC/Computer Hardware and Operating System Issues and Questions

WC_EEND

Quote from: RippleJet on December 28, 2009, 06:18:04 AM
Xander, Have you selected to stay online forever?

yes I have.

PS: sorry for the delay, but I've been rather busy for school lately

My LOT thread                                    

xxdita

Hmmm... do you have your web browser set to erase your browsing trail when you close it down? If so, then it will delete all cookies. As will any other program set to wipe your browsing trail clean.
Clearing your temporary internet files can also delete cookies. So I tend to do this manually, rather than let IE do it for me.

WC_EEND

well I tend to use Firefox and I only wipe away my cookies every 6-ish months

My LOT thread                                    

mightygoose

where has the NHP board gone, i am seeing on the homepage that dmscopio is updating his bat thread and haljackey is commenting on it, but it says access denied...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Tarkus

Quote from: mightygoose on January 19, 2010, 08:36:31 PM
where has the NHP board gone, i am seeing on the homepage that dmscopio is updating his bat thread and haljackey is commenting on it, but it says access denied...

There seems to have been a weird permissions glitch.  I've now fixed it--let me know if you're still having any difficulties.

-Alex

mightygoose

well its still not there ..... i assume it should be under NAM or above NDEX, but its really not there.

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

canyonjumper

I can't seem to update my signature. I get this page when I try:

This is the text I'm trying to change it to:

I'm the idiot who tried to jump the Grand Canyon...and lived
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

canyonjumper

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

canyonjumper

Alright, thanks Jonathan and deathtopumpkins

SC4BOY

Thought I'd mention a bug I came across on the LEX..(hope this is the right place) If you are looking at your "Download History" and select "Show Outdated Only", the "REMOVE" function doesn't work. If you select it, it will ask you to confirm that you wish to remove it from your history, then it kicks you back to the full list without removing the item. On the other hand, if you use the FULL LIST and page down to the lot in question, the remove function does work.

jeronij

Quote from: SC4BOY on February 18, 2010, 03:28:23 AM
Thought I'd mention a bug I came across on the LEX..(hope this is the right place) If you are looking at your "Download History" and select "Show Outdated Only", the "REMOVE" function doesn't work. If you select it, it will ask you to confirm that you wish to remove it from your history, then it kicks you back to the full list without removing the item. On the other hand, if you use the FULL LIST and page down to the lot in question, the remove function does work.

Noted in the to-do list  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Ive noticed a bug as of late when trying to update even the Avatar 80 x 90 size right? well anyways when hitting update its still displays your old avatar on IE, FF or Opera are three I tried... But then heres the funny part when I logged out and then logged back in on all three after trying again to update my avatar to my new one it finally showed and only after I logged out...

Before in the past when updating the avatar and update profile it would update automatically, now I got to log out and then log in on what ever browser I might use when I am changing my avatar... Just wondering if anyone else might be having this troubles?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

xxdita

I think it may be a matter of clearing your cache, and the settings you have for your browsers. Mine still update as soon as I switch them.

WC_EEND

Lately I have had this problem more and more often (see picture below). As you can probably see, this is not normal whasoever. This happens totally random but more and more ferquently since about a month ago. If I'm lucky I can solve it by hitting refresh. But the weirdest (well, weird) thing is that it only happens on my PC. If I use my iPod touch, the pictures display normally. The same counts for other computers. I suspect this is caused by a virus. But before I draw to conclusion, I want to know wether someone else has the same problem.

here you can find how it should look like

EDIT: small update: I can now confirm this also happens on other sites, and the virus scan came out negative

My LOT thread