• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Quote from: Gradonacelnik on February 16, 2007, 11:36:09 AM
Not sure what I am doing wrong but in the profile setup I cannot get the option to hide my e-mail address to make changes.

I have saved the profile with it checked and not checked and rinsed and repeated the whole thing again and I still have my e-mail showing up on my old posts.
Set this option to your preference and forget about it. You will always see your own email  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

Sorry ... but this is the wrong place to ask about that ... this is the LEX support forum.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Gradonacelnik

Quote from: Colyn on February 16, 2007, 04:06:09 PM
Sorry ... but this is the wrong place to ask about that ... this is the LEX support forum.
Sorry, I am really out of my element then Colyn.

From now on I will post my misconceptions and bugs about the SC4 Devotion part of the web site in this forum Sim City 4 Devotion Forums > Sim City 4 Devotion BSC LEX > General Support Issues (Moderators: callagrafx, barbyw) but maybe then I shouldn't. ;)

I will ask about LEX questions in this forum Sim City 4 Devotion Forums > Sim City 4 Devotion Related > Site Requests and Technical issues > and will not do so in Sim City 4 Devotion Forums > Sim City 4 Devotion BSC LEX > General Support Issues

But since we are both mistaken about what goes where, how about we both edit our posts so that we don't confuse anyone else. No Harm No Foul. I'm JK.

Oh and Jeronij you might want to add your reply next to the check box so that no-one else bothers you with this question.

jeronij

OK, ok, relax.....  ::)

Colyn is keeping an eye in hundreds matters at the same time....and he has only two eyes  :D  :D

This is the right place to ask this, and I take note to add an advertisement about that in the profile template when we have a minute  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Gradonacelnik

I know this is an easy mistake to make so I was hoping a little sarcasim would ensure that anyone who is a noob like me doesn't take his mistaken post as biblical truth.
Admins hold that kind of sway, so I hope nobody starts posting in the wrong forum. Colyn has a lot to do and I hope my ribbing got a laugh, but I am not funny in type only in person.

Doc

You looked at the name, not a noob, thought it was safe, no exasperating, pull out your hair, idiotic, answer is obvious type of question. But I'm an exasperated idiot who's pulling my hair out, so maybe a little compassion for the truly damaged among us.

I read the tutorial. I got some great help from Colyn the other day. I thought I had it. But I only have part of it. When I post, I can get the bold, italic and underling functions to work. Colyn was good enough to point out what I was doing wrong and I was a happy camper. Then I tried the colour and font size functions. Can't get it. Nothing happens. The brackets show up, looks like they're in the right places, but when I post, nothing changes. I tried highlighting (Which I ASSume means highlighting the desired text, then clicking the function button) and the brackets appeared, but nothing changed on the post. For example, I'm trying to make this sentence red. But as you can see, it isn't.

One more time for a member with seriously misfiring neurons. When I finally get it down, I'll write a step by step instruction guide to suppliment the tutorial so you'll never have to answer this one again.

Thanx.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

jeronij

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Ok I don't know if this is the right area to ask about this one but anywho Reputation.  Ok so what is it and what does it do other then say who's looking good or bad lol..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

Quote from: patfirefghtr on February 19, 2007, 10:19:10 AM
Ok I don't know if this is the right area to ask about this one but anywho Reputation.  Ok so what is it and what does it do other then say who's looking good or bad lol..

Well, this is not the place to ask this, because it is not a bug or a technical issue  ;)
You may want to visit this thread How on earth do you give people karma ? and know a bit more about this feature  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Doc

That's what's so frustrating, Jeroni. I read that as well as the other thread and it seems like I'm doing everything correctly. I must be missing something, but I can't figure out what it is. I looked at the placement again in my previous post and it seems to follow the guide.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

jeronij

Doc, I am not sure what is the problem....in your previous post, the text that is suposed to be red....IS red. So, where is the problem  %confuso ?

Quick hint:  Select the text where you want to apply the tag. Once selected click the desired tag. That is all  ;) . If you want to add another tag, select the text including any previous tags, and once it is selected, click on the new tag. The new tag will be applied to the text and existing tags.

I hope this helps.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

The former Mrs BourneID

hey, Alright.... this is going to sound pretty wierd...  but in the "you know you have played sc4 too long when" thread... I added a joke letter ..... pretty funny you all should read it... but to "stay in charictor" i quickly registered this ...um screenname...  heres the catch... I can no longer acsess my origonal BourneID name....  am I forever stuck with this gender confusing identity or is there away to correct this so I have acsess to my original profile....  I tried dumping my cookies and such... typed in BourneID in the signon page.. but it is rejected...  when I hit the button to send the password email.... it sends the one for this profile...

anyone else notice the irony of someone named after the Bourne Identity (a movie about someone with a identity crisis) having an identity crisis  ;)

vab423

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

dedgren

That's 'cos of the little-remarked "one member-one user name" rule, Ms. ex-Bourne.

No sock puppets on SC4D, NO SIR!

David

p.s.:  If you want your old user name back, let us know.  That can probably be arranged.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Doc

Jeronij, you say the text in my previous post IS red?!? Weird! On my computer it's black. Is this sentence red? Strange. I'm sitting here wondering why I'm not seeing the different colours and font sizes, but YOU can see them. Baffling.

Thanks for your help. J! If you wonder why you have an insane member who frequents your site, just refer back here and you'll understand ?=mad)=
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

dedgren

Doc, my friend- what browser are you using?  The sentence referred to in your last post in in fact red in both Firefox and IE7 on my computer.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

The former Mrs BourneID

If this profile has to go in order for me to find my "true" self.... then alright...

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sarjm

From the early days of colour TV. Snooker commentator "For those of you watching in black and white, the pink ball is the one behind the blue"

Doc

This is so bizarre! Yes, in your repost of my post, it is indeed red! In mine, however, it is still black. I'm using IE7 and Firefox, btw.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29