• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tag's Residential Projects

Started by tag_one, October 15, 2008, 04:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

Hi there,
In this topic I'll show and discuss my latest residential projects. Please feel free to comment or give advice!

Let's start with my newest building. It's going to become a 36 story R$$$ building. The lotsize will be 2x2. I hope you like this special tower.

I'm currently working on its nightlights. I hope to have a picture of that by tomorrow. Anyway tell me what you think about my newest tower  :)

jmyers2043

Ah - what a fun looking building. I see that Tag-One is putting the game back into the game.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Geronimo

Hmm, sounds great but sorry cant see no pics...

tag_one

Jim, thanks. I wanted to experiment with different shapes and SC4 is an excellent way to do so.  :)

Geronimo I know, imageshack is slow again. I re-uploaded the picture to freeimagehosting.net, much faster so now you should see the picture without a problem  :)

Anyway I couldn't concentrate on my homework so I finished the nightlights:

Hope you like purple  :D

praiodan

Quote from: tag_one on October 15, 2008, 06:40:42 AMAnyway I couldn't concentrate on my homework so ...

Lol, why in the world this sounds just so pretty familiar to me?  ::) $%Grinno$%

Good work in this one, very original design (I'd concur Jim's comment  :P) and I like the purple. Makes this one stand out even more, but in a very positive way. :thumbsup:

Geronimo

Ok working fine! Very different, but I like it! Good work on this Tag_One   :thumbsup:

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

Today I was messing around a bit on my PC and found an old render of a half finished building. After a little search I found the model as well. I couldn't remember working on it, but I liked its look so I decided to finish it. I only had to finish the roof junk and the night lights :)
Here's a picture of the building that almost went lost in the dungeons of my computer  :D

Pat

Hey Tag I am soo glad you found that beauty and finished it off!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tag_one

Thanks pat!

Here's another building I accidentally made:

I planned to make it a CS$$ but I accidentally dragged the building to R$$ in PIMX. No big deal imo, it became a nice residential tower. I rendered another the model for the CS one and re-rendered this one to get rid of all the CS stuff. Worked out pretty well don't you think?

tag_one

Hi all, I made a new building today. It's a bit different from my other projects as it's an old New York style R$ apartment building  ;)

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Andreas

Cool, that even fills two gaps in the game - CHI/NY-style buildings and midrises. Well done. :)
Andreas

SimGoober

When life just blows ... Fukitol!

baconrocky

Um wow, you have a talent for old New York apartments...lol. perhaps you should make a few of these. :P

tag_one

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm glad to hear you like them :)
I've made some more ghetto buildings. Here are the images:

I'm planning to make a little set of these :)

baconrocky

I think you should include versions with Retail at Grade (Ground Level) because this is more typically seen.

SimGoober

hmm.. maybe a couple with a barber shop, a bar, and a greasy diner that only the locals would eat at?   ;)
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

SimNation

Me thinks you need to put some liquor stores on at least one :P and a deli in another. These look fantastic man. My hoods will have even more variety now.

tag_one

Thanks for the comments guys, they are much appreciated! I 4 new buildings with some small shops on street level. I also changed the design of the buildings a bit to make them look more real. Here's a images from a small ghetto I build with my newest bats. I add some more commercial banners on the building as it's a bit bare compared to the real thing.

I'll make some more versions later today. My plan is to put them in beta somewhere next week :)

oh and btw. what do guys think of my traffic light props? They are my first HD props ;D