• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Merijn's message to the community

Started by tag_one, December 12, 2010, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Hey Merijn:

I know it sounds like perhaps second-best, but never lose sight of the fact that you don't just have many friends in this community- you have many friends who have come to respect your talents and appreciate your contributions so very much.  That's never diminished, whatever has happened in RL this past year.  Nobody's life can ever be perfect, and things tend to work in cycles.  It is great, though, that during a period when you are down, you would think enough of us and trust us sufficiently to let us know how you are feeling.  Far too many people keep things like this inside, and thus never know what the people whose lives they've touched would be thinking.

The holidays are especially tough on folks, and it is easy during them to retreat and be sad and alone while the world goes on around you.  Part of that world is here, and SC4D and the larger community are hopefully places you can enjoy the company of those who care a great deal about you while other aspects of your life heal over time.

A K-point for being brave and honest and reaching out, and for all the wonderful BATs you've created that I've enjoyed so much and never thanked you for.

David 
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Haljackey

Life has high points. Life has low points. Always remember that there is light at the end of every tunnel. Hang in there and darkness will turn into light.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Merijn. Take all the time you need. We'll be here to support you.

If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me on MSN or Facebook, or just send a PM my way.

Take care,
-Ryan

Badsim

Hi Merijn ,

For you ... my favorite poem from Charles Baudelaire , when I'm down ... When I'm down and I'm down almost half of the time , I really need to go as down as possible before to resurface , convinced I'm only a common monster among monsters , like I've just added in my profile . Trust me , that helps .

Not only you're not alone , but you're a giant standing on his feet in front of the storm , there's nothing more precious than your action in the whole universe , and never let somebody  tell you you're something else , never trust them if they tell you they're something else .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Amazingly put Cedric!!
After reading that poem and what you wrote.....a tear came to my eye.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

tag_one

Thank you!! Thank you all for the warm replies!! I really needed it. It's good to know that so many people still care. I'll be strong and I'll fight this storm till I'm in calm waters again :)

Terring7

Be strong and never give up :thumbsup:. And don't forget that behind the clouds there is always the Sun :)

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

rooker1

Good to hear you still have the fight in you!!
Call me Robin, please.

cogeo

How sad!

While I rarely dare to give advice to people, I couldn't resist:

No matter how painful it may initially look, arrange your RL so that you meet with as many people as possible. If necessary, even force yourself to do so. You will definitely find people with common interests or who like and appreciate you. And while some people may not like you, some finally will. You do have things to offer to them, as well as receive from them. An attitude change seems to be needed too. You know, human relations have a reciprocal nature. If you look reserved, hesitating, indifferent, sceptical, insecure or problematic, just expect to be faced with a similar stance. Problems should only be discussed with close friends. So get out, go to a gym, a club or what, and find some people. Fight the desire to impress, as this can lead to a competitive behaviour. It's also wrong to believe that the others judge you all the time. It is actually this competitive or reserved behaviour that causes this. With a more relaxed and easygoing behaviour, you will be surprised to discover how many people would be willing to become your friends.

Jack_wilds

Take Heart Merijn, all is not lost...

DO NOT Dispair, Hope Lives!

you may find yourself in a dark place -but the light is still there, and it is NOT a permanent place you find yourself in, it will change, it will pass for the better if you do not give up or give in to the darkness... keep moving ahead... press on... it sucks at times but don't stay there, continue to occupy yourself keeping yourself and mind busy will distract you from the troubles that face you... you might find yourself cut off from friends but hope still springs with life promise; grab onto that hope and live... you are not as alone as you may think,

I speak from one who has traversed many dark places of heart and soul -yet I live and have found a peace that keeps me, you will too... I am surrounded by many over whelming troubles -its a miracle I'm not homeless, out of work for over 3 years, friends have moved on, family live long distance away and me without a vehicle life -sucks at times, just don't quit and give-into the darkness trying to smother you of hope...

Take Hope Merijn, all is not lost -you have life yet to live and its promise is better and bigger than the present trouble...

eternal encouragement and grace... do consider Cogeo's advice, get out and about, look-watch-listen a good nature does attract... so treat yourself to a really good coffee at your favorite shop and just sit awhile, watch, listen and learn to breath again...

Peace be you

Jack

TiFlo

Hang in there Merijn, there is always hope! Do take the time you need, and hopefully this will soon be behind you.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best.  :)

Florian

threestooges

Quote from: tag_one on December 13, 2010, 08:53:49 AM
Thank you!! Thank you all for the warm replies!! I really needed it. It's good to know that so many people still care. I'll be strong and I'll fight this storm till I'm in calm waters again :)
Best words I've heard in a while.

I know it's been said by several others around here, but it holds true; I've always been pleased to see you around here, and I'm continually impressed by your creations. Glad you were willing to share this all with us.

mrbisonm

Quote from: tag_one on December 13, 2010, 08:53:49 AM
I'll be strong and I'll fight this storm till I'm in calm waters again :)

You do exactly that! Calm waters surely will come.
;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Sciurus

Merijn... bad to leran that ()sad() I almost swept and I read this, but we're there, and as you can see, you're not alone here, I think we can help you. :thumbsup: We're an international community, virtual, yes, but we're a community! And it's always bad to see that one of its member is lost in his real life &mmm I hope you'll enjoy life again soon :) Don't forget us and be strong Merijn!!

Take care (as we say in french, carpe diem), your [industrial $%Grinno$%] friend Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

T Wrecks

Aw, man. What a sad story to read. I really hope you can sort things out, because things like "well, I probably just suck" are rarely true. Those people who really suck normally think of themselves as God's gift to mankind because they're so ignorant. During the last two years, I've made the acquaintance of a bunch of very pleasant people, some of whom had the same impression because their environment kept suggesting that they do it all wrong, that they are good for nothing, etc. We have gathered in a little private forum and met each other in RL, and for most of them, it has been the first time they immediately felt accepted and respected without having to "act" or to behave as expected by others - the first time they experienced that friendship can mean more than being made to feel bad and guilty of everything, and that they don't need to excuse themselves for who they are. It can be really shocking to see how some people are treated by so-called "friends" and even by their own parents! They don't experience any encouragement and support, and in the end, they accept that they "suck" because they are not accustomed to anything else - it's just normality for them. In the end, they begin to act like they have learnt...
Meanwhile, most of the people I mentioned are on a good track and slowly begin to recover and find new trust both in themselves and in others. They find the force to separate themselves from people that do them harm, knowing that they have real friends now and that things don't have to be as they have learnt. I hope you will find those special people and climb out of that hole stronger than ever before, because judging from the standing you seem to enjoy in this community (which doesn't look like a bunch of antisocial psychopaths to me  ;) ), I can't imagine that the blame is all yours.