• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JRJ Street Mod, no brick.

Started by flame1396, September 14, 2007, 04:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flame1396

Here it is.

I take NO credit. I just replaced some textures to avoid the red brick sidewalks associated with parks and high wealth.

I just thought some people would want this and I have it so I thought I'd share.

Just replace the like named file in the JRJ Sidewalks folder.

Once Again. I DID NOT MAKE THIS. Only edited it a bit. Please don't give me credit for anything but the replacement of the brick textures with ones already in the file. I did not make the texture, I just edited the file to make more continuous sidewalks. I didn't like the patchiness.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

freedo50

Could we have a screenshot of what exactly it is you've edited? Even with your description I'm still unsure exactly how you've changed it.

Fred

iamgoingtoeatyou

didn't JRJ do a mod that removes the red brick from his mod, so only the low wealth, and white brick textures show up?

flame1396

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Thundercry

Brocken link, it goes to some sort of need for speed mod.

flame1396

So it does.... hmm what the heck...

I'll look for a different mirror site eventually... maybe tomorrow

Tommorow is the busiest day of the week you know

M4346

If you download the original file here -> Click! and read the readme as quoted below, you will realise that this is really not necessary. Just follow Jeroni's instructions as outlined below when unzipping the files.  :thumbsup:

QuoteJeronij alternative sidewalks set.

This is a set of sidewalks which will replace the original Maxis ones.

There are three versions for this mod. You can use only one at once. Simply extract the desired folder into your plugins folder.

JRJ Sidewalks_OPTIONAL_MODULAR
This set contains a separate dat file for each wealth level sidewalk. You can decide which sidewalks you dont want to use by removing the wealth related file. For the deleted sidewalks, Maxis ones will be used.

JRJ Sidewalks_OPTIONAL_MW
This set contains a version which shows the medium wealth textures in the highw wealth zones, avoiding the pinky brick ones, and keeping homogeneity with the other sidewalk textures.

JRJ Sidewalks_OPTIONAL_LW
Designed for low wealth / old cities. Low wealth sidewalks will be seen everywhere except in farming areas.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

flame1396

When I downloaded it it didnt have all of that.

EDIT: oh i was using the street mod file. I dont ahve that sidewalk mod i have the full street mod :P

lol