• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Development Thread (formerly known as "Custom Submenus")

Started by daeley, November 12, 2007, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Talk about an ingenious idea  &idea.  There aint nothing new about it but, by golly george I think he's got it!!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

DFire870

Ooh, this is going to be great! No more endless scrolling through the Landmarks, Misc. Transit, or Parks menus, and no more fiddling with MMLs (they're great, but I think the MML mod is going to be obsolete after this is released).

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Diggis

Quote from: DFire870 on November 15, 2007, 06:09:19 AM
Ooh, this is going to be great! No more endless scrolling through the Landmarks, Misc. Transit, or Parks menus, and no more fiddling with MMLs (they're great, but I think the MML mod is going to be obsolete after this is released).

-- John

I know! :'(

Pat

Diggis Im sooo sorry for ya's my NZ friend, I hope and promiss you that it will be ok... You will always be the MML Master IMHO...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Quote from: patfirefghtr on November 15, 2007, 09:22:49 AM
Diggis Im sooo sorry for ya's my NZ friend, I hope and promiss you that it will be ok... You will always be the MML Master IMHO...

I'm not that worried.  Now I'm involved with the NAM team I've got work enough on my plate. I enjoyed making them, and probably still will for a while, untill daeley irons out the bugs in this.

capo

My scroll-finger is very thankful for this upcoming mod!

a bad thing is that my scroll finger has become very muscular because of all the scrolling in SC4, I've been proudly showing it to everybody, especially when stuck in traffic, but unfortunately response hasn't been that friendly...strange enough.

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

ScottFTL

I can't say that I understand how abusing the news messages will make this possible, but I will join everyone else in saying WOW!   :thumbsup:

I think the menu problem is the most annoying thing about SC4.  I can't tell you the time I spent reordering menus in a futile attempt to reduce scrolling.  This will completely revolutionize SC4 as we know it.

Between this and some of the other great work folks have been doing lately (CAM, countless transit projects, the hotly anticipated X-Tool, etc.), this old game still has a lot of life left in it.   &apls

Diggis

Quote from: ScottFTL on November 15, 2007, 11:49:11 AM
I can't say that I understand how abusing the news messages will make this possible, but I will join everyone else in saying WOW!   :thumbsup:

Patience, young one... all will be revealed in due time.... :P

zero7

This sounds like a very cool breakthrough, but implementation worries me a little ... we could go from mega-scrolling through parks and landmarks to egocentric  "MY L337 T33M ... LOOK ItS MY M3NU W17H MY B4tS 1N" menus. 

However this is used needs to follow a logical content category based system.

But that aside, between all the eye-candy sets, traditional landmarks and the diagonal buildings this is going to extremely helpful in making all that content far more accessible.
Call me Richard

jmyers2043

Quotehelpful in making all that content far more accessible.

Richard's hit it on the head.

Quoteand no more fiddling with MMLs

I wouldn't go that far as I don't think that it will replace MML's. I think that there are applications and room for both. The user will decide in the end.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

M4346

Quote from: zero7 on November 15, 2007, 12:55:12 PM
This sounds like a very cool breakthrough, but implementation worries me a little ... we could go from mega-scrolling through parks and landmarks to egocentric  "MY L337 T33M ... LOOK ItS MY M3NU W17H MY B4tS 1N" menus.

Ha! The technical aspect of achieving these custom menus are, in my humble inexperienced opinion, high above the general abilities of those who would even dream of making such nonsensical menus.

Unless Daeley makes it publicly available, I don't see anyone else making their own custom menus very soon.

But hey! That's just my view on the matter.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

daeley

Teaser Time! (attached for extra suspense)
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

wouanagaine

Lol

You sure know how to tease :D

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jplumbley

Dude, the suspense is killing me!  Hmmm, News Ticker.. Abuse.. Why not take it a step further than abuse and get just downright criminal.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Pat

Daeley ummmm one word OMG err well techincaly speaking it would be 3 but for the sake of its 1, just as this is seeming to be the case....  &apls &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

daeley

a little more to show... bear in mind that this is a beta shot, and the none of the icons are final
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

wouanagaine

This one is a real teaser ! :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

RippleJet

Quote from: daeley on November 18, 2007, 11:36:58 AM
none of the icons are final

Icons in a news message? :o

Now, what can we expect next? ::)

Krio

Quote from: RippleJet on November 18, 2007, 12:22:12 PM
Now, what can we expect next? ::)

My guess is, something that will make EA sweat.

Pat

ooooooooh yea it will defintly get EA attention well at least maybe some one from there?? Daeley that is stunning, i soo cant wait to see more