• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krasner

I missed these two entries, I'm really glad that you're back  ::) I still love your style, you gave me plenty of ideas throughout the years :satisfied:
ANARCHIST !!

kbieniu7

When I was in Grudziądz, it was spring. End of May, the nature was already awake for long time, but still had this fresh colours. On the meadows and in the forests there was a lot of flowers and farm fields had already became green and yellow. All of this on the banks of wide river running from the one to another edge of the horizon, hiding behind a gentle fog.

[

Replies:

Arthur - Oh yes, I agree, it could be worse, of course! But this was one of the features that I captured and tried to recreate there ;)
Alex - Nice to see your comment here :) I have plenty of other railyards looking better, I hope I could show them soon ;) Thank you!
kelis, seraf, Krasner - Thank you! I'm glad that you liked it :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

kbieniu7

Tarkus, Arthur, vinlabsc3k, bladeberkman, PaPa-J, evarburg and Tyberius - thanks for likes :)

We have seen recently a short mixture of real and in-game photos. As said, Olsza was inspired by real city of Grudziądz, with all its features - characteristic not only for this one town, but for more of northern parts of Poland. They are

- Red brick. There's a lot of older architecture that has red-brick façades.
- Bigger farm fields. In contrary to smal and thin rectangural farms from my previous updates, there are more bigger ones.
- The river. Wisła runs trough the entire country, growing and growin with each flowed kilometer. Meandring trough the landscape, creates both a barrier and a spectacular feature to admire.

There are several areas in my region that I try to build with such regional and local details. Maybe I'll describe them one day. For now, a series of more or less random pictures from the city and its proximities. Urban and rural, roads and farm fields, forests and rivers.

Later this oncoming weekend, for the last step, we will see a mosaic of the entire city. Stay tuned!  ;)

Enjoy!

art128

Another fine update.

I don't know why but I find blocks estates like the one in your pictures to be really comfy. On the first picture the walls look really good.

Also to make your highway a bit more lively, maybe you can try putting some light poles and direction signs? I'm currently doing the same on all my highways. It take some time and effort for sure but I think the end result is satisfying.

Also Happy Birthday!  &dance
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

PaPa-J

Don't believe that I've seen this MD before today.  Nice work, you seem to have captured the live essences of the real city.  Good job!  &apls
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

kbieniu7

Arthur - Yes, you're right with those signs, I'll need to look for some. Also, thanks that you remembered, that's kind of you, merci! :D
PaPa-J - Thank you! I'm glad that you like it :)

We've come to the end of our short visit in Olsza. I spend quite a lot of time with this city. The most recent that I've built from scratch and finished it completely which took me 3 years. I've never shown it before, because there was always some of the terrain that I could develop, not to show any unfinished parts, correct any non-fitting elements etc. I would say that the most fun part for me was to build all those small villages surrounded by fields and river banks around the city.

Source: https://grudziadz.twoje-miasto.pl/

Below is the mosaic of the entire city. Click for full size. If you want, you can compare the layout with the map of real Grudziądz.

Click for full size.

I hope that you liked this trip to the north of Galand :) Next time we're moving back south, closer to Kolbrow ;)

Enjoy!

kelis

What a beautiful picture my friend !! I love everything about your cj, Can't wait to visit Poland one day, I am sure that day I will remember your city in every step that I take in your country.   :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Badsim

I wonder if I have had already posted a cmment here ... would be a shame . :thumbsdown:

I like very much the concept of reproduction with SC4 and mixing SC4 and real pictures particularly ... On one hand I don't know that much
about your country , on the other one , it enables to understand how much you have had to work and use cunning ( with a not very friendly custom content ... $%Grinno$% ) . Nice  result , by the way , very  organic and you have sucessfully  caught the rural spririt and fragrance of your beloved country . :thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Akallan

Beautiful pictures, I'm happy to see you here, it's been so long! I love the villages you make and the old cities. I also love your use of diagonal roads and FAR, something I rarely do because I get annoyed because of buildings that never go well next, while you give it a good result! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Krasner

The Mosaic was worth doing - It shows us the whole area, and how well-shaped and realistic (imo) the city globally is  :satisfied: Congrats, and thank you for this  &apls &apls &apls
ANARCHIST !!

Ralfger

I really like the atmosphere of your towns and landscape. It's amazing how realistic your work is compared to the real photos &apls