• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ghosts and teleporters?

Started by siemahejelo, February 29, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siemahejelo

Hi all!

I have a region with 5 millions residents with CAM.

Please check Traffic Volume and Census Rep:
http://imageshack.us/g/62/bigindustry.jpg/

1. Commuters to SimNation 38 349 (commerce) and 14 631 (industrial) but I have 0 (zero) Residents in this town! Ghosts? :)

2. Commuters from SimNation 251 263 but Traffic Volume smaller then 20 000 (cars+bus)! Teleporters in use? :)

What can I do?

Regards
Siema

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anthonyca30

Scotty, beam me up. Scotty Scotty  :angrymore:

mike3775

Unless I am missing something(but I do see brown boxes), I cant see any residential area at all, all I see are Com and Ind

whatevermind

Looked at your numbers, and this is I think what's going on.

You have 251,263 commuters from SimNation, these are the people entering your city from elsewhere.
184,327 of those commuters work in this city, 35,670 in commerce, and 148,657 in industry.
38,349 of the commuters pass through the city on the way to commercial jobs elsewhere.
14,631 of the commuters pass through the city on the way to industrial jobs elsewhere.
13,955 of the commuters can't find work here or elsewhere and remain unemployed, but in this city.
That accounts for your ghosts.

As for traffic, I believe the graph is a representation of the number of vehicles in the city, not the number of passengers.  Obviously for pedestrians this is a 1:1 ratio, and probably also for cars.  However, for buses and trains, there are several passengers (I hope) per vehicle, so the number reported in the traffic graph is much smaller than the number of commuters.  So while you may only have ~33000 passenger vehicles in the city (including pedestrians), you have ~251000 Sims traveling in those vehicles.  At least that's my take on it.