• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Network/No Network?

Started by SC4BOY, January 24, 2008, 12:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Ok, I think this also explains why the old GLR puzzle pieces didn't show up in the region traffic view. The draggable GLR lines do so, and also the GLR-in-Avenue pieces. Anyway, now that you can see where you used puzzle pieces, it should be easy to replace most of them with draggable GLR, so the majority of peculiarities should go away. :)
Andreas

memo

Quote from: SC4BOY on February 03, 2008, 03:22:07 AM
I learned long ago to never discourse with someone who speaks in mocking absolutes.. ;)
I'm sorry. I didn't intend to mock you. Though, it's not possible because draggable GLR is very different from puzzle pieces. It's not called "puzzle drag" in terms of dragging puzzle pieces, but only because you start with a puzzle piece and continue with a normal stretch of EL-Rail which converts to textures that only look like puzzle pieces, but they are still the dragged stretch of EL-Rail itself, though.

SC4BOY

Quote from: Andreas on February 03, 2008, 03:43:23 AM
Ok, I think this also explains why the old GLR puzzle pieces didn't show up in the region traffic view. The draggable GLR lines do so, and also the GLR-in-Avenue pieces. Anyway, now that you can see where you used puzzle pieces, it should be easy to replace most of them with draggable GLR, so the majority of peculiarities should go away. :)

Yes while I had the mod installed, I did take the opportunity to do just that.. Cut the number of puzzle pieces down considerably.. :) There still are a few things the draggable just won't do, but I did what I could.

SC4BOY

hmmm.. I'm looking at the GLR Old Texture "uninstall instructions"

What in the world does deleting bridges have to do with the removal of the textures? Am I confused?

Andreas

Whoops, looks like I forgot to change that section - I used my NAM Additonal Bridges HTML template for creating the readme file for the GLR textures. Of course you won't need to bulldoze any bridges, since the textures are changed "on the fly". Thanks for pointing out the issue, though, I shall fix that some day. :)
Andreas

cammo2003

Quote from: Andreas on February 03, 2008, 12:33:36 PM
Whoops, looks like I forgot to change that section - I used my NAM Additonal Bridges HTML template for creating the readme file for the GLR textures. Of course you won't need to bulldoze any bridges, since the textures are changed "on the fly". Thanks for pointing out the issue, though, I shall fix that some day. :)

:D

Well, at least someone read the readme.  :P