• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Which network bridge to use with ANT-networks?

Started by Crissa, December 17, 2007, 07:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crissa

I've been using avenues, but I was wondering...

...So what bridge do you think is best (traffic-flow, game-mechanically) for using with the ANT network? (Like RHW)

-Crissa

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

DFire870

I've been using the regular maxis highways, but I think I might switch to avenues and OWRs.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Shadow Assassin

I generally use OWRs, because they're the only network with bridges that is separable (in other words, you don't need two OWRs next to each other).

(EDIT: Made a change to the sentence structure)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jplumbley

From a technical aspect.  The MAXIS Highways have the closest Transit Stats to the ANT Network (RHW Version).  The comparable stats include Capacity and Speed, which are the important ones for Networks.  In fact, RHW Network Stats were essentially "borrowed" from the MAXIS Highways with a few minor adjustments.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Ennedi

I generally use OWRs, exactly from the same reason as SA (separable bridges). In some cases I used Avenue bridges (because of similar texture, connecting RHW and avenue is comfortable too)).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bakerton

For the four lane, I use avenue; two lane, I use road bridges. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

simzebu

If I have them right next to each other, I'll use avenue. Otherwise, I use OWR.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Crissa

Thanks for all the input; those were the thoughts I had.  Didn't know if anyone had any tricks ^-^

Bridges are often slow points in rural highway systems, so one-way/avenue is appropriate, I suppose, but sometimes it's faster, so then choose highway - but that's far more expensive, and I want to not bankrupt my satellite towns with bridges.  That's why even most urban bridges are paid for by state/federal normally in the US.

Has anyone noticed that residential zones will connect power and commute through bridges?

-Crissa

Shadow Assassin

That's been known for quite a while, Crissa... but for some reason, it's not in the instruction manual. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Crissa

I like it, as it allows nice, really high-quality houses out on little islands without adding more intersections which wouldn't get alot of trips.

-Crissa