• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM 2.1.0 Uploaded and ready

Started by InvisiChem, January 28, 2016, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InvisiChem

After much work and lots of discussion, CAM 2.1.0 has finally been uploaded. You can get it http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3335

Attached to this post will be two manuals. More will be added as time goes by and better translators get hold of them.

The instructions and readme's in the installer all have multiple languages, so be sure to scroll through the file and find your language or one you are familiar with.

Enjoy the new CAM and please let me know your comments, questions and complaints. All are valuable to the continued progression of this mod.

InvisiChem.

P.S. The Japanese version of the manual is questionable. I don't speak or read Japanese, so the liberal use of Google Translate is what made this version possible. Japanese speakers, please let me know how well or poor the translation is.

Edited Attachments. Links should be working now. :) Thank you M4346 for the quick and awesome update to these.
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

M4346

Thanks! This is awesome!  ()stsfd()

The hyperlinks in the manual don't work though. Not sure if you printed it as a PDF or exported it as a PDF with Acrobat Professional?

If you send me the original Word / text document I can have a look at it?  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

InvisiChem

No problem. Send them right to you.

InvisiChem

And now the Macintosh version is up.

No installer, but very detailed instructions.

markussaage

&apls &apls &apls That is soooo awesome.... I use CAM 1.0 since my very first days... Looking forward to use this new version. SC4 is improving every year, that's why we all still love this game.
Thanks a lot!

Kind regards!

indovote

Thanks Invisichem! With this, I can create a city that have many skycrapers!   :thumbsup:

Oops, I forget to say that the CAM-shipped SimCity4.exe make the game unplayable. I using SC4 Deluxe Disc Version (not Digital) SKU2 (Europe), updated to 1.1.640.0 (lastest Disc Version update) + NAM, SC4Fix, Extra Cheats, bldgprop, BSC Canal + Windows 8.1 with lastest update (w/o KB3086255 security update).
I hope you to fix it, because this problem make me can't enjoy full CAM 2.1.0 experiences.

FrankU

Ah great!  &apls  :thumbsup:  &apls

Are the properties that SC4-Pim provides at this moment for new buildings and lots in balance with your CAM, and if not, will there be some kind of update for SC4-Pim?

markussaage

The very first ever CAM Stage 7 farm... ;D  ;D  ;D
Seems it works!

Uh, one question: did I get it right, that the I-HT Bug is fixed in this version of the CAM? Thanks again!

Kind regards!

InvisiChem

@indovote  Let me update the installer script a tiny bit here for you. The problem is I am updating the Version number in your EXE file to 1.1.640.1. Quick fix, in your \Documents\SimCity 4\Original Maxis Files\  you will find a backup version of your SimCity 4 EXE file. Restore this one back to your folder and everything will work fine. The version number update only tells the installer the IR Patch was applied so it doesn't run SC4 Dat Packer everytime you run the installer. I'll probably just go off the registry with the installer update. Sorry about that, I didn't anticipate the SafeDisc restrictions with the original RH and Deluxe editions

@FrankU Currently, all occupancy values are the exact same for this version as with CAM 1.0, except stage 8-10 farms. These have not quite been developed, but are in progress. I hope to update PIM-X, but if not I will provide a chart mapping the values for these higher stages. If I have to go the chart route, it will be in Excel for ease of use.

@markussaage You are correct, the I-HT bug is fixed in this version. The cause of the bug was the Census drives asking for 10% R$ 80% R$$ 10% R$$$. Since the R$ and R$$$ were the same, the bug cause I-HT to not hire any R$$$. The new values are 15% R$ 60% R$$ 25% R$$$. No bug possible. :)

Mikey Knox

Is it a Problem when i dont have the DAT Packer installed, getting an Error (missing DLL) at this Step.

Also:

Do i need the OperaHouse Fix.dat anymore?

Is it advised to not use the Radical Ordinance V2.0 (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21318-radical-ordinance-v20/) with this?

Thx :)

InvisiChem

@Mikey Knox  It should not be a problem. I have included it in the installer. Which dll file is it saying is missing?

I still suggest using the Opera House Fix. This one is not included in CAM.

Radical Ordinance V2.0 should not conflict. Just load after CAM and NAM. CAM has a crime attenuation fix, so be sure to load this after, NAM modifies the Car Smogging ordinance, so load this After NAM to overwrite that one. Careful loading after NAM. There is a couple of Pathfinding exemplars in there that could mess up the Traffic Simulator in NAM.

It is radical, so be careful with it's use. It can unbalance things very easily.

SPAM will completely overwrite the IR modifications of the CAM. SPAM stages only go to 5, whereas CAM goes to 10. Also, the traffic and pollution fixes in CAM would be overwritten. There is ways to modify the SPAM Controller file to work with CAM, but that is for a different discussion and I'm not sure if it violates PEGPROD's agreement yet.

InvisiChem

The Windows installer has been updated to remove the EXE Version updater and use a Registry read for detection of the IR Patch. This should solve the problem of causing a SafeDisc error.

markussaage

Quote from: InvisiChem on January 29, 2016, 06:41:06 AM
@indovote  Let me update the installer script a tiny bit here for you. The problem is I am updating the Version number in your EXE file to 1.1.640.1. Quick fix, in your \Documents\SimCity 4\Original Maxis Files\  you will find a backup version of your SimCity 4 EXE file. Restore this one back to your folder and everything will work fine. The version number update only tells the installer the IR Patch was applied so it doesn't run SC4 Dat Packer everytime you run the installer. I'll probably just go off the registry with the installer update. Sorry about that, I didn't anticipate the SafeDisc restrictions with the original RH and Deluxe editions

@FrankU Currently, all occupancy values are the exact same for this version as with CAM 1.0, except stage 8-10 farms. These have not quite been developed, but are in progress. I hope to update PIM-X, but if not I will provide a chart mapping the values for these higher stages. If I have to go the chart route, it will be in Excel for ease of use.

@markussaage You are correct, the I-HT bug is fixed in this version. The cause of the bug was the Census drives asking for 10% R$ 80% R$$ 10% R$$$. Since the R$ and R$$$ were the same, the bug cause I-HT to not hire any R$$$. The new values are 15% R$ 60% R$$ 25% R$$$. No bug possible. :)

&apls &apls &apls :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: Awesome... Thanks a lot...

Kind regards!

InvisiChem

Well, off to work everyone. Keep the comments coming. Got some great info coming out of this. New ideas being developed, concerns coming in that I'm contemplating and working on. All good stuff.

M4346

I LOVE this 'mod'!

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Working fine from the little bit of testing/playing I've done so far. Am really liking what you have achieved!!  &apls &apls

I'll post some CRV stats once I've played a bit more.

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

InvisiChem

Thank you guys. Hopefully this continues on just as well and much more will come.  :satisfied:

bombardiere

Thank you. I haven't played with this, but I have studied the manual. It is a very through indeed and you must spent some time with it. I like changes you have proposed although I will see better when I play game a bit.

But one thing. How is a transition form CAM 1.0 city a 2.1? Will there be any hiccups?

InvisiChem

There is a few things to watch out for.

1. The original CAM 1.0 Workforce bug. If you had been playing without the fix by Z or a merged SimCity_1.dat file, the regional workforce was doubled. Also, the Commercial and Industrial totals were doubled, further doubling the residential population. Switching to CAM 2.1.0 from a doubled region will cause an economy crash for a while. You would end up having to rezone Residential into some jobs in every city and let it play for a while switching between cities. If this bug was not present, there should be no issue in this part.

2. There are 3 buildings that are fixed in this version of CAM, the Small Medical Clinic, Nuclear Power Plant, and Solar Power Plant. If your city has any of these buildings, you must delete them before installing the CAM or you will end up with the "Phantom Slider" bug.

3. Depending on which PlayStyle you use, the region stages could be off. For instance, lets say you use the Extended PlayStyle. The regional population requirements are approximately double for each stage of building. All this would do is grow new buildings at a lower stage until the regional populations reached a point where your CAM 1.0 stage is. Then, all would be back to normal.

InvisiChem

One important part I forgot to mention in the Manual.

The Commercial CAP relief for the Dirt Road network was increased to provide the same as Maxis Highway connections. The reason for this is to provide proper CAP relief for the RHW connections. Those without the NAM will see no benefit with this change, simply because the Dirt Road network was never activated in the standard game.

RHW Highways now provide the same CAP relief as Maxis Highways, as it always should have been.