• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The SFBT Advent Calendar

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2009, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Oh these chapels are so pretty  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Andreas

Quote from: tamorr on December 08, 2009, 03:12:59 PM
Although using them as fillers is an interesting idea, that never really dawned on me.. I tend to use a lot of different fillers for Diagonals... and in general. Definately like the variety.

A picture says more... well, you know how that goes. ;)

Courtesy by voltaic
Andreas

Andreas

Well, if you looked closely at the pic posted above, you might have noticed some buildings which haven't been released so far. So the next door of our advent calendar contains this little gem (as with the chapel lots, I changed one of the trees on this one as well, in order to create some more variety):

Crummy Shed by voltaic

A magnificient wooden shed, a little decayed - and as the icing of the cake some moss on the roof. This download contains two different lots, one orthogonal version, and one that is slightly angled. Apart from the moderate plop cost, the shed doesn't produce any other expenses, as it isn't really maintained anymore anyway. If it collapses some day, only a small bulldoze fee has to be paid. But be careful, such wooden constructions tend to burn down occasionally.

Andreas

Girafe

Always on time, I appreciate all this work which is typical of european countryside and particulary for western Europe

&apls &apls &apls

So, I see you tomorrow   :D
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

Very very beautiful, I love it! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Girafe

The Floraler

Andreas

No worries, I didn't forget you. ;) Today was pretty busy, so I just added the finishing touches to today's upload. :)

SFBT Tobacco Barn by voltaic

Especially in the western parts of Switzerland, esp. in the regions Payerne, Yverdon-les-Bains etc., tobacco barns are a common sight. They are used for drying tobacco leaves, which are still grown in the region, and finally used for tobacco products in the factories in Neuenburg. They belong to this region since a long time, as well as the tobacco harvest, which is often supported by teenagers that want to brush up their pocket money during the summer holidays.

The upload tomorrow might come in a bit later as well, since my astronomy club is having the annual Christmas party. :)
Andreas

Korot

Ah, well you can go to sleep before you upload the lot if you want to, you don't have to start up your pc just for us. Also, is it just me, or is practically all of this stuff made by voltaic? Ergo, will we also get stuff made by other people? Not that voltaic's stuff is that bad.

Regards,
Korot

Sciurus

Very nice building :thumbsup:, but I didn't know that Yverdon-les-Bains was in Switzerland, oh shame on me! &ops

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Is Voltaic's specially farming BATs?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

voltaic

Hmm, i would say... It's just a part of my work. (between other things like.. mh.. nuclear powerplants.. and water towers.. and things and.. bla. *g*) :)

And yes Guillaume - directly à côté du Lake Neuchatel. Nice region btw.. esp. for camping, etc..

Korot? "Not that voltaic's stuff is that bad." And - not that bad? So u think it's bad, but u know something worse..? Pah! Hehe.. :P

Korot

Quote from: voltaic on December 11, 2009, 12:46:21 PMKorot? "Not that voltaic's stuff is that bad." And - not that bad? So u think it's bad, but u know something worse..? Pah! Hehe.. :P

Yes, worse are some lots released on the STEX, worse are several Maxis things, there are plenty things worse. I perhaps shouldn't have used the word bad, my intention was saying that your work is good, but that you shouldn't be the only one responsible for the Christmas production.

Regards,
Korot

Andreas

Well, after returning home from the party (It was a very nice evening! :) ) and recovering a bit, here's the treat for today - this time not another voltaic BAT. ;) As I said a couple of days ago, I was preparing a "voltaic week", mainly because voltaic created a whole set of nice farm BATs. But of course we have other things in stock as well, so the following one might be a welcome change for you. Actually, you all know the building, but I guess not that many have ever used it, because it didn't really fit into their cities, or it was just not unlocked because there weren't enough water tiles. What I mean is the Maxis cruise ship port building, which was used by Nardo69 in a different context... :)

SFBT Nardo's Toy Emporium by Nardo69 and T Wrecks

Nardo's Toy Emporium offers all kinds of toys, but is specialized in model trains. The owner supplies the SimKids (and often also the SimDads) with the most detailed and wonderfully designed accessories you can think of. He's also a critic for several model train magazines - and dreaded among model train enthusiasts! His waking eye doesn't miss any wrong signal and no wrong railroad crossing... This toy store grows in the Chicago and New York tilesets, on a 4x5 stage 1 lot, or as 4x4 and 4x3 lot in stage 2 and 3, respectively, offering 65 CS-§§ jobs each.

Andreas

Diggis

Quote from: Korot on December 11, 2009, 12:56:56 PM
Yes, worse are some lots released on the STEX, worse are several Maxis things, there are plenty things worse. I perhaps shouldn't have used the word bad, my intention was saying that your work is good, but that you shouldn't be the only one responsible for the Christmas production.

Regards,
Korot

Korot, it was the use of the word that that caused the issue.  By using that you were saying it's "neit echte slecht" (excuse my spelling, I can speak it, but never very good at writing it) you should have just written 'Not that voltaic's stuff is bad'  ;)

But I think he knew what you meant.

And guys at SFBT, great work on these, keep it up.  :thumbsup:

Andreas

A while ago, I showed you a sneak-peek of the following set, and after many hours of lot designing and modding, it's finally here. :)

SFBT Church and Cemetery Set by Andreas and Khiyana

When Khiyana created her wonderful props and textures for German cemeteries, I was planning to create new church and cemetery lots for SimCity 4, since the Maxis ones never really met my taste and looked a bit boring as well. This set contains four different church and three different cemetery lots, which are available either as additional lots to the Maxis ones, or as a mod that replaces the Maxis lots completely.

It wasn't easy to find suitable replacement models in the proper size for the Maxis churches, but finally, I found four churches: the Village Church by voltaic, Bosham Church by Mntoes, Usakos Church by Colyn and the Stiftskirche by Haarlemmergold. Please remember to install those four churches and the other dependencies that are listed below, otherwise, the lots won't show up properly, and you'll get the infamous brown boxes.

For the German grave props, Khiana created some HD props that show additional details in zoom 6. All graves are part of a prop family, which will create some nice variety, as well as the seasonal trees by Cycledogg. Two cemetery lots feature a small chapel, created by voltaic, and a few watering cans and a well, just like any German cemetery looks like.

The file "SFBT_Maxis_Cemetary_Church_Mod.dat" contains a mod that replaces the Maxis churches and cemeteries. If you want to use this file, you don't need to install the rest of the lot files (but you'll still need the dependencies listed below). If you want, you can also install the separate lots, in that case, the Maxis lots will stay, and you can build the new churches and cemeteries along with the Maxis ones. I suggest to use the mod only in new cities, otherwise, you should bulldoze your Maxis churches and cemeteries first before installing this mod, and replop them afterwards.

Thanks to Colyn, Cycledogg, Haarlemmergold, Khiyana, Mntoes and voltaic for their wonderful BAT models and props; without those, this set wouldn't have been possible. :)
Andreas

canyonjumper

Wow! This is awesome work! Downloading right now &apls
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Girafe

Wonderful churches  &apls &apls

good work from SFBT   ;)
The Floraler

tamorr

Definately a lovely addition to the seasons gifts. Although I prolly would not have minded if the cemetary and church replacement mod were separate... As Church & Cemetary respectfully. I personally prolly would use the cemetary replacement, but not so keen on the church replacement... This is doesn't mean I wouldn't use the churches, as I would rather use em' alongside the maxis ones per say... Just my oppinion on that one. :)

I really lovingly adore the Toy Emporium, as it is a nice ideal addition as well. :thumbsup:
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

tahill79

When I saw the SFBT Charlottenburger Tor I thought it was the best so far, now the church/cemetary pack has now taken the lead.  Amazing job SFBT team!!!!   

Im a little scared to see what you come up with next.

Andreas

Thanks, guys!:)

@tamorr: Yeah, I could have separated the mod into churches and cemeteries, but then again, I designed the lots to be used together, and each cemetery lot matches one church lot (same wall or hedges around etc.), except the additional church, which is a bit different. I guess you can recognize that idea on this overview pic:

But if you really want to separate the lots, you can open the DAT in the reader and extract the relevant exemplar files and icons (they are clearly labeled, so you can manage that with minimal Reader knowledge).
Andreas