• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The SFBT Advent Calendar

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2009, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Yes, I will release one item per day until Christmas. :) Today we've got an oldie, which was released ages ago at the STEX, one of the first BATs by Mathe Man, created way before the SFBT was founded. For the LEX, the lot has been revamped, and another lot (the water pump) has been added.

SFBT Geothermal Power Plant and Water Pump by Mathe Man

The geothermal power plant is a small plant with a capacity of 400 MWh for a cost of 38 § per month. The rather high plop cost of § 27,000 is balanced towards the life expectancy of 120 years. Using a natural power source, the pollution values of the geothermal power plant are very low. The water pump that is contained in this download has the same values as the Maxis water pump, but a more European look, based on the building for the geothermal power plant.

Andreas

Sciurus

Nice BAT, but I think it's a bit too little to be a power plant. ;)
Another question: what will we have on Christmas? $%Grinno$%

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Earth quake

Splendid bat, His really nice. :thumbsup:

Guillaume: I suppose is a big, big, big bat.$%Grinno$% ( Why not the "dubai mall ?  :D)

Andreas

Something big? Maybe. ;) But not the Dubai Mall - not European enough... Well, today is Saint Nicolas Day, and kids in Germany (and other European states as well) get a small treat from St. Nicolas (which basically is the model for the American Santa Claus; the name is derived from the Dutch Sinterklaas) if they were nice. Naughty kids only get some coal and a rod.  :P Let's hope the SC4D kids were nice thoughout the year, then they might enjoy the following treat.

SFBT Charlottenburger Tor by praiodan

The Charlottenburger Tor (Charlottenburg Gate) formerly marked the border between Berlin and Charlottenburg, which was still an independent city back then. The current shape of the gate was established around 1910, when the Charlottenburger Brücke (bridge) was built across the Landwehrkanal (canal) with a width of 55 meters. The erection of the Charlottenburger Tor in baroque revival architecture took another two years and originated in the representational needs of the wealthy city Charlottenburg. The Charlottenburger Tor is the western counterpart of the famous Brandenburger Tor (Brandenburg Gate); both are connected via the Straße des 17. Juni that runs through Berlin's Tiergarten park.

This download contains two different lots, a 8x2 version that is transit enabled for avenues, like the real-life counterpart in Berlin, and a 7x3 version that is intended for using together with the BSC Park Series. The park paths can be connected seamlessly to the BSC Park Series lots, and the path textures change automatically with the path texture set that you have installed. Both lots can be found in the landmark menu, grouped together with the other SFBT landmark lots.

Enjoy!
Andreas

Fabian93

Oh my God...  &apls
The Charlottenburger Tor &apls
Thank you very, very much praiodan, Andreas and everybody else involved.

This will come in handy, since I'm currently lotting/building a partial reproduction of Straße des 17. Juni / Unter den Linden :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot,
Fabian

Andreas

Well, the first and foremost thank should go to praiodan, who did this little masterpiece, and hid it all the time on his HD. ;) I merely checked the modding and wrapped everything up, just in time for St. Nicolas Day.
Andreas

Girafe

ha ha

so nice Gate

congratulations to Praiodan  &apls &apls   and thanks to Andreas to upload this work  :thumbsup:

Giraffe
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Nomadic

Great work SFBT! I personally like that small power plant. I need a small one for my overcrowded cities.

kwakelaar

So nice of you to continue this tradition, and such lovely bats. I love this kind of surprises before Christmas. Thanks a lot for your work. :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Very nice BAT, I like it &apls
So now, wait for the Christmas present!! ;D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture

pete3d

thats great!
i really like the warehouse.

this is going to be a good december  :D

pete

Andreas

Well, the weekend is over already, and I was busy to pack upload number seven. You might remember voltaic's wonderful Swiss farm buildings - now they come in diagonal shape! :)

SFBT Diagonal Swiss Farms by voltaic

These three farm buildings are diagonally oriented and placed in a way that they can be build seamlessly next to a diagonal road. Apart from that, the models are identical to their orthogonal counterparts. You can find the 1x1 lots in the landmark menu with overhanging buildings in the landmark menu, directly above the orthogonal lots. The icons are marked with a "D" for "diagonal" in the upper right corner.

Andreas

Earth quake

Wow, These diagonal farms are splendid. &apls

Andreas

This week is "voltaic week", so here's another one of voltaic's great Swiss BATs. :)

SFBT Craftsmen House by voltaic

This craftsmen house was erected in 1777 in Herzogenbuchsee, canton Bern, Switzerland. Unusual for this time were the relatively large windows that were selected by the owner, a hosiery knitter. They provided ample light for the working places inside the building. Today, the house can be visited in the open-air museum in Ballenberg.

This download contains three different lots; one 3x2 growable residential lot that houses 30 R-§§ sims, an identical landmark lot that you can plop yourself, and a 1x1 landmark lot with a diagonal version of the building model. If placed properly, it will align with a diagonal road seamlessly.

Andreas

Girafe

Thanks for these swiss Farms, they are so nice, what a pity there are no seasonal with snow   ::)

but amazing work from SFBT  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture

Silur

Excellent works  &apls &apls &apls
I have special SFBT folder for Your objects - Thank YOU, Andreas ...

tamorr

Yet again with the nice buildings. I really like the Geothermal power plant & water pump, the Tor, and the new one... It is nice to see a good selection come our way. I am not really particular of diaganols, but I definately use the originals for the Swiss farms, and enjoy the fact there are now options open for others that use the diagonals. I myself would prolly use em' eventually, to at least check them out... :)

Great work through and through. &apls
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Andreas

Snow on the roof, you say? Well, it's not christmas yet... ;)

And tamorr, in case you don't want to use the diagonals because of the somewhat bland appearance: They are mainly meant as filler lots, for creating a nice compact village. Personaly, I don't use ploppables at all, but as fillers, they do the trick just fine and provide a good supplement for the growables.

Today's little present is a nice set of small chapels, again created by the skilled voltaic from Switzerland. :) (Note: I changed the layout of one of the lots a bit after taking the screenshot, so they don't show the same tree, but a different one.)

Small Chapels by voltaic

Esp. in the Alpine area, small chapels that only hold slightly more than a handful of people can be found everywhere. Here, the devout members of the surrounding farms and travellers are gathering. The small church "Maria Hilf" is located near the Ludescherberg mountain in Vorarlberg, Austria. The second model in this set is a chapel in Leutasch. I modelled it after a watercolor painting by Oliver Lindauer.

Andreas

tamorr

I'd have to agree with you on that, as I don't use too many plopables myself, although there are acceptions, like the stuff along the non-functional canals I tend to use.. and in general the rural modular parks that can be made to look similar to a national or state park... Although using them as fillers is an interesting idea, that never really dawned on me.. I tend to use a lot of different fillers for Diagonals... and in general. Definately like the variety.

Looks like another good one here, like the rural look it has... :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."