• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The SFBT Advent Calendar

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2009, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

@Kimcar: I have checked the download, and it's definitely the Ostermundigen Farm, both in the English and the German version. There is a diagonal version of this BAT included as well, though, maybe you mixed them up? In LE, they show up with their German names (Bauernhaus Ostermundigen).

@Fresh Prince and FrankU: Well, the advantage of the SFBT advent calendar is that you won't gain weight due to all the chocolate - but then again, your plugins folder gains said weight, so I'm not sure what is better. ;)
Andreas

FrankU

Andreas, my pluginsfolder's weight is a good kept secret, but it's quite a lot.

Another weight problem can arise if we all play the game instead of playing a kind of sport. Sitting at our desks and playing Ruler of the Cities can result in undesired objects around waists and hips.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Better my PC than me, although I'm slighty underweight..... I'm only 125 Ibs.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Jack_wilds

SFBT, Jack wilds here...

A very merry and heart felt Christmas to everyone on the SFBTeam... as this series of advent celebration has been one bat treat after another  :) -thank-you.

I think my favorites are the church-cemeteries, the urban highway set, and the Swiss farm buildings... but all the bats are good additions  :thumbsup:

again, merry Christmas (insert emoticon in santa suit)

Jack

kimcar

Quote from: Andreas on December 23, 2009, 06:27:17 AM
@Kimcar: I have checked the download, and it's definitely the Ostermundigen Farm, both in the English and the German version. There is a diagonal version of this BAT included as well, though, maybe you mixed them up? In LE, they show up with their German names (Bauernhaus Ostermundigen).

I don`t know what happenned but i redownload and now i got it . Thanks for try to help  :thumbsup:

Andreas

Quick notice: The final door of our advent calendar will be delayed a bit, but it should be ready for the traditional time of gift giving in Germany (which is around 5 or 6 PM). Merry Christmas everyone! :)
Andreas

Andreas

I thought it wouldn't be such a good idea to miss Christmas Eve dinner with my family, so it got a bit later than expected, but here's the conclusion of out SFBT advent calendar, another three goodies uploaded to the LEX! Thanks for all your nice comments, and I hope we were able to find something interesting for everyone.

SFBT Fritz's Farm by voltaic

Like the other farm buildings that have been published before, this one has a real counterpart as well. It is owned by a family I know, and during a visit and my interest in my previously created BATs, this model was the result. It is located in a small village in canton Bern, Switzerland, right between some other farm buildings (and yes, every single item has been recreated properly ;-) ).

Over the years, the living area has been modernized a bit, as you can see at the skylights in particular, and the building now offers enough space for two families. This building also shows the classic design, with the former stable directly attached to the living area. Together with the obligatory geraniums at the windows, it creates the atmosphere of the typical farm buildings of the Berner Oberland and the surrounding area.

SFBT Wind Power Plant by voltaic

Wind power plants have become a common sight in Germany and other places as well. Although they are not always received well by the locals, they have become one of the icons of renewable energy sources, although the priniciple of using the wind is several thousands of years old already. Modern wind power plants produce up to 5 or 6 MW each and are up to 200 meters tall these days.

SFBT Water Towers by voltaic

The real counterpart of the water tower that is pictured on the left side is located next to the railway station in Köthen (Saxony-Anhalt, Germany). Today it's no longer in use. Due to the rise of the railway transit hub in Köthen about 100 years ago, it was decided to built a water tower, which took about one year to complete (from 1911 to 1912). The water tank has a capacity of 250 m³ (66,000 gallons), and the tower is about 30 m (100 feet) tall.

The tower on the right side is based on the water tower of Markranstädt, near Leipzig in Germany. It's a bit smaller than the real counterpart, but looks like a typical water tower in Germany, like they can be found everywhere in the country. And although they are relatively old, many of them are still used, even though some of them only serve as mobile communication tower these days.

Merry Christmas! :)
Andreas

clearlypowa

The wind power looks nice, and i really love the water towers  &apls

I see them in a nice rural area.

Merry christmas   :)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Alas, the advent calendar comes to sudden but epic end.
Thank you Andreas and SFBT for new BATs and content, it made my December more interesting. Not mention it gave mostly my farms land a much needed upgrade.

Guten Weihnachten Volks!,

von dem Prinz
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

thingfishs

thanks to andreas and team for what has been a huge raft of great new stuff. Love those wind farms  &apls (and the water towers)

Girafe

thanks to Andreas and SFBT team for this superb calendar, lot of very interresting items  ::)

&apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

tamorr

I have to say that all were very good items in which have been released. Always could use more variety to farms and other various buildings. Thank you very much for the lovely selection and thanks to the SFBT Team for what they have made. &apls ()stsfd()
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Andreas

The door bell just rang - it was Santa Clause, who apparently forgot to put one gift under the tree. I thought I should put that one on the LEX as well. ;) Enjoy!
Andreas

Fabian93

YES!  :)
It's the Power plant by voltaic. I actually thought that this would be the present for Christmas... however I was wrong... until now ;D
I've been looking forward to the release of it, since I have first seen it on the German Simforum...

I'd also like to thank everyone, who was involved in this calendar - awesome work &apls &apls

Fabian ;)

JoeST

Merry Frivolities to all in the SFBT :) and thankyou for such an array of great creations over the past few days :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

canyonjumper

Thanks to all the SFBTeam members who made this calendar as good as it was!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.