• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT-Project: Realistic Modular Containerterminals

Started by Sam Johnson, May 13, 2009, 08:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

Noooo!!  :'(  That's really sad news. I loved your work and especially the straddle carriers looked really cool :(

FrankU

Ohhhhh!

So I guess I'll never fill the third containerterminal?

Maybe there is some rescue possible? Please?

Sam Johnson

I was completly shocked when my hard drive was crashing, but I had a backup of the latest Bats so only two important things are missing, the straddle carriers an the based on the design of bremerhavens container cranes crane. But yesterday and today I was busy to bat some new straddle carriers and here`s the current result:

I hope you like them,too  :)

I'm will bat another big container crane for the now missing bremerhaven container crane, but I'm not sure which crane design I should choose. Are there any suggestions ? :)

allan_kuan1992

Wow... that was really fast... and I like the colours and nightlighting on the cranes as well =)

as for cranes... want to do those ZPMC cranes sitting in my hometown? xD (I did upload one image of the "special" Vancouver harbour cranes... there's another image here and there's a more generic version used in Deltaport here.)

There's another crane design from another company (Doosan, South Korea) that's being used at a different dock in Vancouver... They may not be the best images but I hope it gives an idea.
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/2420284.jpg
http://www.globalrigging.com/images/dockwise1.jpg
http://www.globalrigging.com/images/dockwise.jpg

Credits to original photographers.

- Allan Kuan

tag_one

Wonderful straddle carriers Sam, I really love the nightlights on them  :thumbsup:
Do they have custom LODs?

Sam Johnson

I thought I get something new finished, but I didn't so didn't replied earlier.

@allan kuan: thank you, your suggestet cranes look really nice, thought more sc4d users would do suggestions. Well I will think about to do one of those cranes you suggested ;)

@tag_one: Thanks, too. Yes of course they have custom LODs, like all my other BATs, one some og those they are really complexly done  ()stsfd()

Well tomorrow, I spend a one week holiday in the Netherlands.  I also will do a day trip to Rotterdam there I'll take many photos for more inspirations  :)

Korot

Have a good holiday. Where in the Netherlands are you going?

Nice container movers, BTW

Regards,
Korot

Sam Johnson

Thanks Korot  :) I'm going to Scheveningen, I would imagine that you know it. It's a part of The Hague  ;)

jmdude1

those straddle carriers and crane look great! a lot of variation in colour to keep everybody happy. hehe. i was wondering, will you have diagonal versions of these fines works?

Korot

Quote from: Sam Johnson on July 24, 2009, 11:42:08 AM
Thanks Krot

Yeah, all the time when I type quickly I write 'Krot' instead of 'Korot', though I correct it, as I do not want to let myself be known as a shady shack (English translation of krot), in which half of Africa lives! :angrymore:
Just kidding

And now back to your regularly scheduled development thread.

Regards,
Korot

Sam Johnson

Oh sorry Korot, It seems as I wrote a bit too fast  &mmm

@jmdude: Yes, there will be diagonal version available: per colour one version which is straight, one which is 45 degrees diagonal, and 2 versions which are rotatet to 22,5 degrees. I think with that you should get along to let it look a bit more realistic ;)

M4346

Quote from: Korot on July 24, 2009, 01:14:58 PM
...a shady shack (English translation of krot), in which half of Africa lives! :angrymore:

Verskoon my? Hierdie Afrikaan kan jou verseker dat die helfde van Afrika nie in krotte woon nie. ;)

Dalk sal dit beter wees as jy daardie verwysing verwyder... nie noodwendig die krot deel as "shady shack" nie, dit is dit wel, maar eerder die verwysing na Afrika. Bloot omdat ek nie sulke Afro-pessimistiese verwysings waardeer nie.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Korot

I speak Dutch, not Afrikaans, and thus can't understand what you're saying. And yes, I exaggerated when I said half of Africa lives in schacks, though some do, though it would be better if I said that in the bigger African cities half or more lives in shacks.

Regards,
Korot

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms