• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Trams-GLR

Started by Caller9, March 21, 2010, 09:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caller9

I seem to be having trouble getting the SBFT Tram mods to work. The stations for the Tram in Road and Tram in Street do not allow building next to them. I get the "No Access" zot over any lot placed next to them. I also can not seem to get the trams running. I've tried dragging the one way road through the station but that does not seem to do a thing. Am I missing a file or something?  I had an image but can't insert it in this message.  Thanks for help.

Andreas

Transit enabled stations always block the adjacent zones, even the Maxis tollbooths do this. You can work around this by using wider lots that touch a normal road or avenue piece with at least one tile. Usually, a GLR on Avenue or GLR on Road setup will be used in a downtown setting anyway, where larger buildings are common, so this is not really a problem. The tram automata will only appear if your GLR line gets a certain usage, so make sure that you get enough tram passengers. If you're using a Traffic Plugin with a very high capacity, you simply might not have enough traffic yet, so the game won't display any automata. Usually, most automata is visible around the usual rush hour times (8 AM in the morning and 5 PM in the evening), so check the in-game time (by hovering the cursor over the date display) and find out the actual time. If it's midnight, for example, you will rarely see any trams at all, regardless hoch much traffic you have usually.
Andreas

rodhunt

Hi,

I have just installed the tram mod, and on querying the stations it shows usage (I am also seeing automata)... however when querying stations and lines with the route query, it tells me there's no traffic... I have the latest NAM installed with a custom traffic simulator on medium setting...

Any idea why this is and how/if it can be solved?

sim-al2

Does the route query show traffic in other places, or is it just not showing any around the station? The only thing I can think of is to try and run the simulator for a year or two to see if it corrects itself. ???
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

rodhunt

Route query shows traffic everywhere except on my GLR stations and line. It's a new city which I started after installing the mod and several years have now passed so I don't think it will correct in that manner...

lf420

Not sure if this is an issue for here the NAM place or the NWM area, but here goes.

I'm having a problem keeping this GLR intersection from reverting back to el rail. I got it work with three other identical intersections, but for some reason this 4th won't take. I did have it for a minute, but I had to demo some stuff and then when I tried to rebuild it it kept failing.

I have all the latest downloads of NAM and the NWM.