• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nightlighting Tool (For Macs)

Started by bwatterud, March 31, 2007, 11:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwatterud

Okay, I'm pretty sure this is possible, but it's probably not be easy.  It was suggested by GoaSkin when he was still doing Mac packs. 

QuoteSomebody should write a software what automaticly

- sets the ID for the textures to a (free) random ID
- changes the material IDs in the models to the new IDs.

Something what makes a batch conversion of .DAT and .SC4model files.

It would be awesome if it worked on Macs, because the whole point of making such a tool would be for nightlighting stuff for Macs, but it would be okay if it didn't, because it would make the production of "Mac Packs" easier, or would allow BATters to make a Mac version of their buildings.  Even so, if it would be better if it were made for Mac, because it would work around the permissions issue of releasing stuff that wasn't originally made by me, or anyone else who decided to make Mac Packs. 

wouanagaine

First thing to know is :
Is there a Mac programmer out there ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bwatterud

It wouldn't even have to be for Mac to begin with.  It could just be so that lotters and BATters could release Mac nightlit versions of buildings, and even prop packs. 

GoaSkin

I said I will do that later but at first, I want to finish the first release of SC4Config and then I may start that project but to finish that I have to wait until the DBPFlib supports changing material IDs on model files. Yet, this project cannot be done because I cannot write myself a function that dives into S3D files.
download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

GoaSkin

Writting functions to merge binary files is not my case. If anybody writes me a function to change the material IDs of S3D files, I will start that project.
download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)