• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ploppable transit grids?

Started by deemacgee, May 06, 2009, 04:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemacgee

Hi all,

First off - forgive me if this is the wrong place for this question; I've spent the last ten minutes trying to figure out where in the forum this post should go... and found myself here.  ()stsfd()

Some background? OK. I tend to grid my cities in a number of different ways; generally experimenting with vaguely kaleidoscopic, symmetrical or just plain repetitive road (and other transit) layouts. It occurred to me the other night, as I was updating the NAM, that creating my latest experimental layout (usually a combination of roads, avenues, bus stops, subways and elevated rail) outside of the game with some clever utility, and then importing it as a ploppable object - kinda like how a cloverleaf highway or train station is ploppable and connectable with other elements - with another, equally clever utility, would save huuuuuuuge amounts of time in future mayoral endeavours.

So, the question is - can this be done? Is there a utility (or set of utilities) which will let me create a pre-configured layout of transit infrastructure for use in the game?

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Cheers all,
DMcG

MandelSoft

I'm afraid this cannot or will not be done. And this is not useful for the majority of SC4 players. Beside, it would cost a huge amount of time to mod this.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deemacgee

That's perfectly fine - thanks for the quick answer! I can move on and be happy now. :D