• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

cleanitol request

Started by joelevan, March 10, 2007, 03:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelevan

Any chance for a COMPLETE BSC Cleanitol list? I have all of the pieces, but as I download older stuff from Simtropolis and from the Vol. 1 donation disk I am getting lost as to who's list to run and when. :-(

Joel

geoffhaw

A complete list wouldn't really be of much use I'm afraid.  You need to have the new file to replace the old files that the list would remove.  Running a complete list through Cleanitol would certainly remove the superseded files, but you wouldn't necessarily have all of the new ones to replace them with. 

That's why the individual lists have been issued with the individual packs on the LEX.  One list removes the relevant files for that particular download only.

That said, we are working on a spreadsheet listing old prop/texture packs with their replacements.  This is not a list that could be used diectly with Cleanitol, but could help with manually removing any old superseded files.  This should be ready in a week or two. 

If there are any particular files you have queries on, please ask about them in the BSC help thread.  But please don't list your whole plugin folder - that will have to wait until our spreadsheet is finished!

joelevan

Yes. A spreadsheet would help a ton! Thank you very much BSC!

Oh...how hard would it be to build a duplicate killer? Too look around your files to see if you have 2 or more of the same file?

Joel

BarbyW

There is a master list on the LEX that was uploaded by wouanagaine. It is not completely up to date but may help.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: joelevan on March 11, 2007, 10:21:59 AM
Yes. A spreadsheet would help a ton! Thank you very much BSC!

Oh...how hard would it be to build a duplicate killer? Too look around your files to see if you have 2 or more of the same file?

Joel

Looks like no one answered this, and as I just stumbled into it, I will
A duplicate killer would be fairly simple. If I get some time, I'll look into it.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

JoeST

A duplicate file finder is available here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dupfilefinder.html

This is one of many free and commercial tools found easily by googling "duplicate file finder"

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat