• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A simple way to move and rename lots.

Started by Gaston, August 28, 2007, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

I would love to see a tool that I (someone NOT too adept at computers) could use to rename lots and move them around to various places in the menus.
   It would need the following:

• 1. To be able to rename the lots easily.   I have alot of lots from foreign sites (Japanese, French, German, Latin American, etc) that have either unrecognizable characters or names in a different language.   OR    The creator of the lot never bothered to change the original name (Grass Parks) that they edited with LE.    It would be fantastic to be able to easily rename them to something I would know.
  • 2. To be able to move the lots to different menus.    There are many lots in my plugins that would make much more sense if they were located in a different menu.   For example:   I personnally would move all the seawalls and canals to the water transport / marina menus.      There are several lots that I would move, just because I would look there quicker,  if there were an easy (and I mean EASY, LOL) way to do it.
  • 3. To be able to move lots within the menus themselves.    Many lots have the same assigned place in the menus.  This is seen quite a bit in the parks menu.    As you scroll down looking for a particular lot (A SG canal for instance) suddenly another lot or two is stuck right in the middle.    OR   Even worse, the lot you are looking for is stuck somewhere in the middle of another group of lots.   It is somehow seperated from all the others of a similar type.    I find myself getting very frustrated sometimes.   I'll set there and think to myself "I know there was a left hand thingy for this set of things".   Then after scrolling down another dozen or so lots I will find the one I was looking for.    If I have the time and energy to keep looking.

This is something I have been thinking about for quite a while.    Any thoughts would be welcome.     Hopefully someone who can create this will read this and get excited enough to try it.     ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Andreas

1. and 2. can be easily achieved with LEProp, although you have to be careful with buildings that have special functionalities, such as schools or hospitals. They will only work correct if they have the proper occupant groups, and those also control the menu placement. The menu order (3.) has to be changed with the Reader or SC4Tool; you'll have to modify the "Item Order" property for this task.
Andreas

BarbyW

Some day wou's magic tool will help people to do all this much easier ;D :thumbsup:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Serkanner

Quote from: BarbyW on August 28, 2007, 03:29:48 PM
Some day wou's magic tool will help people to do all this much easier ;D :thumbsup:

Some day Wou will create a tool that plays the game for you ...  &Thk/(

Gaston

Thanks so much for all the great responses.     :)
Barby said:
QuoteSome day wou's magic tool will help people to do all this much easier
Yeah I thought that was some of the things the SECRET "X" TOOL will be able to do.    I was sorta hoping he might see this and read of my heart-felt request and offer to drop everything just to finish it.    ?=mad)=   Okay I'm a bit crazy if I thought that but what the heck.  A man can dream can't he?

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Pat

LoL Gaston that is so true a man can dream!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Quote from: Serkanner on August 28, 2007, 03:37:58 PM
Some day Wou will create a tool that plays the game for you ...  &Thk/(

Don't give him idea's, I like playing the game myself...  :P

Gaston

Quote from: Diggis on August 28, 2007, 11:42:23 PM
QuoteSome day Wou will create a tool that plays the game for you ... 
Don't give him idea's, I like playing the game myself...  :P
I was thinking the same thing myself.     :P

---Gaston
白龍