• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimCity 3000 and SimCity 3000 Unlimited

Started by catty, May 11, 2013, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Hi Guys

Long time no posting   $%Grinno$%

For those people who still visit the City Builders website, we got hit by "The White Screen of Death"

http://cmshelplive.com/blog/the-white-screen-of-death.html

Which is as bad as it sounds, site is now back and working but is still in maintenance mode as I decided to do a clean re-install of the site, nothing was lost but its still a bit of a mess at the moment and I'm also taking the opportunity given its the Google 21st deadline

http://searchengineland.com/tomorrow-is-mobilegeddon-are-you-ready-for-the-google-mobile-friendly-update-219291

to make some changes to the site, we should be back to normal operations in the next couple of days.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Quote....And I'm afraid anyone who wants to run SC3K on a Windows 10 computer is completely out of luck as no digital version of SC3K has been released or at least I'm unable to find a digital version anywhere   :crytissue:

:bnn:   &dance   :clap:

The long wait is over

https://www.gog.com/game/simcity_3000

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

A bit of a service announcement here

My site firewall has just been updated to the latest version, not something I would normally tell people, but the new upgrade is now linked into the Spamhaus Project

https://www.spamhaus.org/

Which means all IP addresses that try and access the site get checked at Spamhaus and if they on a anti-spam list then the site won't allow you access, while I think the benefits out way the disadvantages there is no getting around the fact that there is going to be a lot of false positives and its going to be very   :crytissue:  for those people who get a message saying they can't access the site cos they are spammers ... I certainly wasn't happy when it did it to me   ()sad()

If you are having problems accessing the site because of this most times it should only be a temporary problem if your hosting company issues dynamic IP addresses, but if you are having ongoing problems let me know and I'll tweak something.

-catty

catty

Service Announcement

Hi All   ;D

For the last couple of months I've been posting messages over at CB about the upcoming software upgrade, my software provider has basically re-written the software in theory its smaller, faster, more functionality ... able to leap tall building in a single bound, etc

And for the last few months its been going thru the various stages of alpha, beta and release candidate versions, they are about a week away from releasing the stable version normally I would never upload a RC software program onto a live site, but I am on holiday so have the time to get the site back up and running this week which is why the site has a down for maintenance message on it.

The other thing is GROUPS in the software, the company has sort of duplicated it into something called PAGES, GROUPS are now going to be for small groups (teams) of people who are working on a project so it does have project management build in to it, PAGES are for games, hobbies, interests, etc.

Most of the existing GROUPS on the site are going to become PAGES as a result if you belong a GROUP and its going to become a PAGE instead you will start getting messages that you are no longer a member of the GROUP, hopefully everything will transfer over from GROUP to PAGE, but I am going to leave people to rejoin the new PAGES if they want.

PS: I am going to be disabling the new blogging and comments software as I'm not sure anyone would use it, if anyone ever does want to do blogs then let me know and I'll get it up and running.

-catty

catty

Update to the last post

It took quite a bit longer than anticipated to go from the RC versions of the site software to the stable release as a couple of bugs showed up in the RC versions.

But the update is now complete ... we will start moving groups and information posted in various locations around the site to here

https://city-builders.info/cb-community/pages

The next PAGE to be set up will be for SimCity 3000, other pages will follow and of course people are welcome to set up their own pages.

While GROUPS will continue to exist they will be for Teams only given the project software included with them.

Lastly once I'm sure things have settled down we will be adding a game called StreetGuessr to the site, I'm hoping this will be before Christmas, if you are interested in trying it out the demo is here

https://www.streetguessr.com/en/

Seaman

yeah, I like beeing the one of the first. I guessed total crap on the Berlin map and still was able to highscore... :D

catty

It gives you points based on how close you get to the right location and I've been amazed just how close I've come on some pictures to getting the location right it just shows that all these years of belonging to SC4D and Simtropolis (and SimPeg   :() and looking at all the pictures people have posted over those years has paid off   ;D  not sure how well its going to integrated into the CB Website as its a big program, which is why I want to be sure the site is nice and stable before I install it.

PS: My SSL Certificate should have been renewed yesterday ... I certainly paid to get it renewed back in October ... but for some reason the hosting company hasn't done it which is really annoying as one of the reason's I have a Business Pro hosting plan is so all this stuff is done on time

:bomb:

EDIT: SSL Certificate has now been renewed ... no apology or anything, but at least its done now   :)

catty

RIP www.city-builders.info/   :wings:

As per discussions over at Simtropolis the CB Website has now been shutdown, most of the content apart from the CityScape program is over at Simtropolis, I will add some links to this post once Simtropolis is back up and running.

If anyone is looking for something that was on CB Web and it hasn't made it to Simtropolis then let me know as I have backups of everything that was on the website.

-catty