• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Export error

Started by cameron1991, January 31, 2007, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron1991

Im having a problem rendering a building in the BAT. Its starts rendering fine until it reaches the end of the second image, then freezes for about an hour before displaying a box saying "Export error  code = 6". Over at ST Ill_Tonkso told me to refit LODs which hasnt worked and im unsure of what to do now.

Thanks in advance

Cameron

Frankie

Well; I would close all other programs if you haven't already. Your RAM needs to be fully devoted to the render. Re-fiting LODs is a good idea; try it again. If your system can devot full resources to the render; I think that you can render it successfully. But i'm sure a way more experienced BATter can help you more than I can  ;D

cameron1991

I made sure that gmax and explorer were the only tasks running in the the taskmanager apart from system, network service and local service which I didnt close because I didnt want to stuff my pc up

jestarr

If you're having a LOD issue, don't just refit the LODs.  Open the BAT and "merge" your file.  You need to make sure you uncheck the LODS and cameras when merging.  Then reset the LODs , the lights and cameras, and re-export.

cameron1991

Thanks for the coments, i realized that if i zoomed in, the squares were full of smaller squares so scaled the building to the size of 1 of the smaller squares and it rendered properly! i guess I just wasnt paying attention to the grid